COMP SVRL Expression of Interest

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Oh, you only get 1 goal kicker per team? Didn't know that. Wouldn't that make Moses insanely good? All the try assists, goals, and occasional meat pies and 40/20's.
Exactly. You can have multiple GK’s and should have, but only the one nominated scores points off goal kicks. Who you nominate each week is very strategic.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm aware how many points is given for a try in the NRL..

It's just that predominantly in fantasy sports a scoring system is implemented that rewards and prioritises the best players each week. As you said, it's just different. I'm not really mocking it, I suppose it would be cool to have Nick Meaney and Tyrone Roberts be more valuable than Payne Haas or something.
Haas can also score a try, those backs cannot. So unless they're having a 24 try season minimum, they're not going to be more valuable than Haas.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Haas can also score a try, those backs cannot. So unless they're having a 24 try season minimum, they're not going to be more valuable than Haas.
We've already established this, I named those two guys because I thought you could have more than 1 goal kicker. They're obviously going to outscore Haas on the season if they're goal kicking + scoring tries (or goal kicking and getting try assists in Tyrone Roberts case)

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
We've already established this, I named those two guys because I thought you could have more than 1 goal kicker. They're obviously going to outscore Haas on the season if they're goal kicking + scoring tries (or goal kicking and getting try assists in Tyrone Roberts case)
Yep, which is why your goal kicking strategy is everything. I’ve stock-piled them in the past for trading throughout the season.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
The issue with goal-kickers is that you can only have them for one season, whereas if you can scout a Payne Haas early, you can build your club around him for the next 10 years.

Put it this way, Nick Meaney and Tyrone Roberts are at best second round GK picks. If I've already got a prominent GK, I'd be happy to ignore them and jump on Haas if he was available.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter