OPINION Tallis is a flog

I tend to agree with what he was saying about blowing off the season by persisting with Macca at hooker, instead of immediately putting Turpin or Segy there. He’s also on the same page as us about Boyd, Staggs and Fifita.

I also agree that Seibold was outcoached against Souths. But I only listened to those two clips.
Absolutely, he does make valid points every now and then. My point is, his Broncos hate is endless and vitriolic. I put triple m on in the car today and within three minutes, talk turned to Jai Arrow and the Titans possibly losing him. Tallis immediately turned the conversation to an undertone of asking how the Broncos can possibly fit all these youngsters in under the cap, wink, wink.

Absolutely, he does make valid points every now and then. My point is, his Broncos hate is endless and vitriolic. I put triple m on in the car today and within three minutes, talk turned to Jai Arrow and the Titans possibly losing him. Tallis immediately turned the conversation to an undertone of asking how the Broncos can possibly fit all these youngsters in under the cap, wink, wink.
Maybe he knows what goes on there

FWIW, he was one of my all time favourite players but I thought he was a shithouse captain.

Last edited:
Maybe he knows what goes on there
Probably does, but a bit rich if he is going to start throwing stones now, considering he would have benefited from it for many, many years.
Just because his Titans are horrendous, cannot run an organisation, will prob not last another 10 years and have rubbish accountants doesn't mean he should he having a dig at us.
Unlike the Roosters, we can actually identify young talent and keep them in our systems.
I think the Roosters and Storm need to be looked at before anyone even wants to have a crack at us regarding the cap, maybe even chuck the knights in there.
I miss the old days, this group is starting to get that old feeling back and I like it.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but the thing that irks me here is Kenty (who I generally like) and Gordy (I just shake my head know) both having a crack at the non re-signing of Fifi knowing full well that we had to prioritise the re-signings of Lodge,TPJ etc as they were all coming off contract this year.

I remember hoops correcting Kenty (who acknowledged the reason) on 360 earlier in the week, when he dribbled the same rhetoric, yet 48 hours later he uses the same argument again

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but the thing that irks me here is Kenty (who I generally like) and Gordy (I just shake my head know) both having a crack at the non re-signing of Fifi knowing full well that we had to prioritise the re-signings of Lodge,TPJ etc as they were all coming off contract this year.

I remember hoops correcting Kenty (who acknowledged the reason) on 360 earlier in the week, when he dribbled the same rhetoric, yet 48 hours later he uses the same argument again

There's no accountability in journalism anymore.

What segment or whatever was this on?

Last edited:

Germalists

They spout bullshit and idiocy that’s parades around as legitimate factual discussion or reporting all so they can get clicks on their websites and numbers on the tv for their advertisers.

Unfortunately those advertisers pay the bills (and salaries) of incompetent administrators like Greenberg.

Last edited:
The bloke is a deadset idiot, but Tallis as a player was as damaging as they come. Easily one of our best back rowers if not the best we have had so far. Dont really think that claim stacks up with him as a player.
Agree 110%

Criticism of him as a person or a media personality may well be justified or deserved but they shouldn't in any way diminish the fact that he was nothing short of an absolute beast during his time playing for us and rightly deserves his place as one of the greatest Broncos to wear the shirt.

For anyone on here who doesn’t listen to Triple M and missed the segment in question, here is a bit of a transcript to how stupid Tallis has made himself look here with his agenda clouding any reasonable judgment.

Anthony Maroon, Gordon Tallis, James Hooper, Mark Carroll on the panel are discussing Jai Arrow’s future and Tallis is saying the Titans can’t break the bank for him after the Ash Taylor debacle. Debate goes on and Tallis chimes in with a “if you are going to pay Jai $800,000 you may as well pay the extra $200,000 for a Taumololo or a Burgess or you could you get a Payne Haas for less than that”

That’s his first gem right there. Yeah because the comp is full of Sam Burgess, Payne Haas and Jason Taumololo’s. Not only that but if they are on that money now, why the **** would they leave their clubs to go to the fucking Titans for the same amount of money to compete for wooden spoons? Not to mention Payne Haas is going to command that type of money when he next comes off contract. Absolute idiotic comments with zero thought.

Then after Hooper declares the Broncos are in the box seat to retain Fifita,Gordy follows it up with this beauty (and gets his usual weekly Broncos dig in when the Titans have been the brunt of all jokes all program)

Tallis - “Can I ask about the salary cap and I know
because I played through the Super League era, but Pangai Jr he’s just signed I think on $800k, Matt Lodge on $800k so there’s 2, Bird on $800k , you got Darius on $800k then there’s Milford on $1M, and now you say your gonna go Fifita on $800k, then there is Kotoni Staggs and Oatesy is $650-$700k, how are you going to keep all those players?That’s like 9 players on like 7-8 million dollars”

Hoops then pipes in with “well Gordy they have let go of a lot of players this year with the likes of McGuire, Kahu....”

Gordy quickly butts in with a “Hold on hold on I don’t care how many were let go, there is 25 players in a squad how do you fit in the other 15?”

Hoops then corrects him and says “I think you’ll find it’s actually 30 in a squad Gordy”

Tallis “Well there you go” as if to say he has proved his point.

Deadset someone should tell him to think before he speaks. Absolute imbecile. Wants to know how the salary cap works at Brisbane yet wants to quote hyperbole figures for players that I haven’t even see come out of any media entity. Not one media personality has said Pangai or Lodge are even remotely close to 800k. Not to mention Oates will be on around the 500k which is why he is considering his options. Only maybe the Milford, Bird and Boyd figures are even in the ball park. And the figures he quoted don’t even equal up to $7M-$8M they add up to $5.7M for starters. Not to mention there is also $200,000 in total allowed to be used outside the cap on long serving players at a club.

Second to that he is commenting on squads when he didn’t even know that it is a top 30 now and not a top 25 which is common knowledge let alone someone working in the media covering the game. He wouldn’t even know what the salary cap is if you asked him.

And if he wants to throw those figures around, someone should remind him how much Gold Coast have paid for members of their wooden spoon team. If we are going to pluck figures out someone should tell him “How do the Titans fit in all their squad when you have Ash Taylor on a $1M, Bryce Cartwright on $700k, Shannon Boyd on $700k, Leilani Latu on $550k, Jai Arrow on $700k, Ryan James on $700k, Nathan Peats on $600k?”

We should just make Jai Arrow an offer just to see Gordon lose his marbles on a live broadcast. One thing I won’t ever question Gordy on is his loyalty. Not just because he sat out a season to play for the Broncos, but because he will stick up for the Titans no matter what as long as his friends remain owners of the club and will continue to bag Brisbane whilst Kevvie Walters isn’t coach of Broncos, a job he was promised. His loyalty to his mates is making his opinions on those 2 clubs not worth even debating about because of the conflict of interest yet they still expect him to give an unbiased opinion?

Gordy nearly had a stroke when Buzz Rothfield suggested the Titans should be the club to get the chop for the second Brisbane team rather than Manly or Cronulla.

Last edited:
He was on Triple M saying he thinks the new rules on player behaviour is too strict.

Grade A **** bucket

Last edited:
Loved Tallis as a player, for both Broncs and QLD....

Guess things change over time, he obviously gotta do what he does cause i cant imagine being complimentary to Brisbane gets you a gig anywhere...

Therefore i ignore him (we can all do that) and remember the myriad of superb performances he put in wearing our jersey...

I don't catch 360 or Triple M as much as I used to, but this sort of thing was constant. He'd bring something up on 360 and someone would explain/correct him about it. He would then bring up the same thing on the radio as if earlier in the week had never happened. Hoops is a wanker, but he's not scared to pull him up for this kind of thing.

On Tallis being a flog...I'd probably rather have a beer with Gallen. Just let that sink in...

Active Now

• Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Organix
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.