Tamou Done For DUI - Suspended for Origin 2

Re: Tamou Done For DUI

I think he should miss a game at least.

There is no excuse for drink driving and he should be punished according to the law (lose his licence for XX years and fined and whatever else they get community service etc) but how does his job as a rugby league player change anything?..

Rugby league players are NOT role models. Whoever thinks so is deluded and needs to get over it.

Just like any other person who gets done for drink driving (I.e. business man, politician, whatever the role) why should it punish them professionally?

I am sorry but rugby league players are role models. While he should get punished like any other person. The club and Tamou himself should come out and do some sort of campaign on the dangers of drink driving.

Why would you lose your job?
I would assume like myself he has to drive for a living or his work is located somewhere without good public transport. If I lost my licence I would have to find a new job that was near public transport lines.

Drink driving is beyond stupid, but in itself isn't worth a suspension. Doing it while unlicensed however is different entirely. I presume he is unlicensed because he's lost it, so to get behind the wheel is basically ignoring a direct police order. And doing it while way above the limit, way past where he simply didn't think he was any risk, is inexcusable. Sterlo's just unleashed on him on Triple-M, and I thought he was being harsh until I learned he was unlicensed. Make an example of him.

Has he blamed Nate Myles for this.

Laurie Daleys comment "Get over it"

Tamou Done For DUI

I am sorry but rugby league players are role models. While he should get punished like any other person. The club and Tamou himself should come out and do some sort of campaign on the dangers of drink driving.

I would assume like myself he has to drive for a living or his work is located somewhere without good public transport. If I lost my licence I would have to find a new job that was near public transport lines.

Why and how are they role models? They play sport for a living and most of them are uneducated. Most of the comments they say are scripted and provided to them by the club. If you sit there and encourage your children for example to have rugby league players in particular to be "role models" you should definitely change your parenting mentality. A child's role model should always be their parents.

With regards to your comment about losing your job that's primarily due to the fact that without a licence you would not be able to commute to work; not because your work has specifically sacked you due to drink driving. It's completely different. Find another way to get to work if so (car pool, bus, ride a bike) it might be inconvenient but its no excuse for quitting on your own accord as a result of losing your privilege to drive.

Plenty of companies out there who would let an employee go for this type of offence...

many companies have codes of conduct that say you can be dismissed for offences like drink driving.

particularly if you're a publicity dependent company... like a sports team.

considering the nrl has programs focused on responsible drinking etc, I'd be surprised if he doesn't cop a big fine

Tamou Done For DUI

He should definitely cop a fine but the dollar value won't deter him in future.

Some sort of community service/drink driving campaign would be more beneficial.

It depends on the player. Tamou is in their top 3 best players, letting someone like him go for this would do more harm than good.

He should definitely cop a fine but the dollar value won't deter him in future.

Some sort of community service/drink driving campaign would be more beneficial.

I'm certain he'll do community work on the dangers of drink driving. he'll undergo alcohol counseling too

Drink driving is beyond stupid, but in itself isn't worth a suspension. Doing it while unlicensed however is different entirely. I presume he is unlicensed because he's lost it, so to get behind the wheel is basically ignoring a direct police order.

Drink driving is drink driving. The fact he was unlicenced makes no difference to me - I'd want him to receive just as harsh a punishment as if he was licenced.

When you are over the limit and are stupid enough to get behind the wheel of a vehicle, not only do you risk your own life, you more importantly risk the lives of other people, innocent people who have no control over your behaviour. Every single time someone drinks and drives, they are essentially playing Russian roulette with the lives of other people.

The punishments for drink driving in this country are quite frankly a fucking joke. I have zero tolerance for this kind of act, it is beyond scum.

Drink driving is drink driving. The fact he was unlicenced makes no difference to me - I'd want him to receive just as harsh a punishment as if he was licenced.

When you are over the limit and are stupid enough to get behind the wheel of a vehicle, not only do you risk your own life, you more importantly risk the lives of other people, innocent people who have no control over your behaviour. Every single time someone drinks and drives, they are essentially playing Russian roulette with the lives of other people.

The punishments for drink driving in this country are quite frankly a ****ing joke. I have zero tolerance for this kind of act, it is beyond scum.

Agreed. I think once you're above 0.1 you should be banned for life. 0.05-0.09, I can see how that might happen, so a 2 year ban would be sufficient.

NSWRL already come out saying he'll play origin

It should be a jailable offence above 0.1

It should be a jailable offence above 0.1
I don't know about "jailable" for a first offence but definitely a second offence. I also think DUI drivers should have their car impounded just like "hoons".

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.