MIKEY

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
who knows....corey might leave now ...then i will have the shits

M

MIKEY

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
yeah well we will end up with a team of nobodys shortly .............

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
We'll be right, as long as we stop buying NSW players then I'll be happy.

Short term, as in 2010, Mcguire is a good prospect as is Handcock as stated by somebody else.

We also have Sweeney (but he's a NSWelshman)

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Beale said:
We'll be right, as long as we stop buying NSW players then I'll be happy.

Short term, as in 2010, Mcguire is a good prospect as is Handcock as stated by somebody else.

We also have Sweeney (but he's a NSWelshman)

Yeah they are all crap, like Peter Wallace..........

Yeah I reckon, Wallace is our worst halfback since Alf [icon_razz1

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
if there great or not isn't my point.
Wether it be wallace or sims or lazarus, I still don't like having nswelshman in the team.
I still support them, but would prefer qlders.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Lol.

Sure, you should always look to promote local talent first.

But, if there is a N.S.W born player who is available at the right price and will improve the team, it would be foolish to not explore that option.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I could be totally wrong here but who thinks it was a good time for the Rabbitohs management to contact Taylors and try to lure him down, out of first grade for a few weeks, insane amount of money offered, its good work from the rabbitohs management if that is the case!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
From what I've heard they'd been in touch with him before he was dropped to Q-Cup

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Try about 9 weeks ago when he was flown down to meet and greet

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Beale said:
if there great or not isn't my point.
Wether it be wallace or sims or lazarus, I still don't like having nswelshman in the team.
I still support them, but would prefer qlders.

Get out of the dark ages Beale (u wish that was your name), that is why rugby league is way behind most professional sports because of redneck viewpoints like yours, who cares where they r from, just as long as they do the job, how many members of the New York Yankees are from New york? Probably none. How many Brisbane Lions players hail from Brisbane, 3 at the most. Think before u type next time.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
What a waste, Taylor certainly had a long career in first grade and no doubt a long rep career once he got his game together. Pitty all that is over, sure he will get plenlty of game time at Souths, but lets face it, who wouldn't. Its his rep career that he has given up for a a fist full of dollars. (Who was the last player selected for NSW, QLD. NZ or Australia from Souths, and I mean a junior that stayed) on the flip side I can give you quite a few rep players that never played rep again once joining Souths, it killed their careers. I think its far too early for Taylor to be a front line first grader and feel a move like this could very well end his career, anyone remember a promising young forward Ben CZISLOWSKI, he was at the Broncos for 3 years and I suppose thought he was more ready then he was, the Broncos knew it, which is why he was held back. He left for the Bulldogs, played a few game, got chewed up and spat out and never heard of again. I suppose time will tell

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully one day other clubs will realise that the Broncos know how to raise a good forward, and they'll stop poaching our young'uns for more money that they're worth.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
This is a bad move for Taylor imo ... The kid will be treated like god at Souths .. he'll have a mortgage on a first grade spot and I can only see that resulting in him getting fat and complacent .. If Taylor isn't careful he could be the next Carl Webb imo ...

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • mystico
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wendall Taylor
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.