Te Maire Martin

Sign two contracts and receive more dollars in your account than the nrl contract you signed.

Can you honestly say you wouldn’t notice extra to what your employment letter said?

For this reason Locky > Smith
Hard to remember when you are on the water in your new boat

Sign two contracts and receive more dollars in your account than the nrl contract you signed.

Can you honestly say you wouldn’t notice extra to what your employment letter said?

For this reason Locky > Smith

I've had a look, and i cant see credible source that says Smith did that. Doesnt seem to be anywhere in the findings as far as i can see. Like i said, pretty much every NRL player i know signs 2 contracts.

Link to an article that sums it up with the Deloitte investigation findings concisely

If you have any info i'm missing i'd appreciate a link.

For what its worth, a lot of the third part/under the table deals they did are nothing we havent done in the past. I posted it ages ago on here, but i know of a player who got a $20k plus trade in on a Mazda 3 that was over 10 years old. We have done plenty of shady stuff with player contracts as well. Our upper management just must have been smarter.

So it’s fair to say I do have a bias against him. I guess it comes from (my perception of him at least) the bloke having a used car salesman win-at-any-cost approach that never sat well with me, which included when he was playing for QLD and Australia. I genuinely found it hard to support him and honestly never wanted him at the Broncos, so I was (and still am despite our results of late) happy that never eventuated.

I just think the great players rely on their ability and skill to win games, not manipulating the referees and mutilating the opposition.

Basically sums up my thoughts tbh. Which is why in the argument as to who is the GOAT, it's Smith but in the discussion of which I'd prefer in my team, it's Locky every time.

One other thing Locky has over Smith is Locky did his full share right through to the end. Played for state and country right through to his last moment. Smith dogged Queensland by throwing in the towel before game one, at a time when we were already facing massive churn. I'd be more likely to say it's fair enough if it was his last year in the game and he'd given fair warning beforehand but he played on another three years at a very high level for the purple cheats. Locky went out with his boots on while Smith slunk away with a few weeks notice when his state needed him the most.

If he was doing some of the things now he was doing in the early 2000's i think he might have found himself in a bit of trouble.

We’ll just watch him become involved in quelling citizen revolts against governments corrupted by mining companies I guess

Cameron Smith's career will forever have the salary cap cheating lingering over it, nothing he can really do about it either.

You can't say that makes him a worse player, he will go down as one of the greats but as for his integrity and all of that, that's always going to follow him.

wonder what qualifies you cause parker should have been in there imo
My first thoughts were Parker; Hodges, Gillo but I really can’t argue too much with that list. Maybe Hodgo over Mitchell for now but that would be hard to argue without admitting my bias.

Gillo is probably the most robbed but it’s hard to say he did more than Lewis, Gallen; or Cordner.

Parker just isn’t as good as Lolo. It’s just facts. Lolo was the original Haas who looked like a man against boys.

Brom probably doesn’t deserve to be there though.

I wonder if Hayne would’ve got a shout on the wing if he wasn’t such a gronk.

One other thing Locky has over Smith is Locky did his full share right through to the end. Played for state and country right through to his last moment. Smith dogged Queensland by throwing in the towel before game one, at a time when we were already facing massive churn. I'd be more likely to say it's fair enough if it was his last year in the game and he'd given fair warning beforehand but he played on another three years at a very high level for the purple cheats. Locky went out with his boots on while Smith slunk away with a few weeks notice when his state needed him the most.
What a crock of nonsense.

The guy wanted to commit to his club (his employers who actually pay him his wage to play the game) and secure another premiership.

If that was another player on our side, people would be lording their decision - ESPECIALLY if they were a bronco but NSW rep

Cameron Smith's career will forever have the salary cap cheating lingering over it, nothing he can really do about it either.

You can't say that makes him a worse player, he will go down as one of the greats but as for his integrity and all of that, that's always going to follow him.
Which is also nonsense because paying someone more money doesn't improve how good of a player they are.

He single handedly influenced games with every touch.

The anti Melbourne bias is truly on show in this thread

What a crock of nonsense.

The guy wanted to commit to his club (his employers who actually pay him his wage to play the game) and secure another premiership.

If that was another player on our side, people would be lording their decision - ESPECIALLY if they were a bronco but NSW rep
Yeah and he managed to go on to have the longest career in the games history and retired as the best player in the game. I guess he made the right call.

My first thoughts were Parker; Hodges, Gillo but I really can’t argue too much with that list. Maybe Hodgo over Mitchell for now but that would be hard to argue without admitting my bias.

Gillo is probably the most robbed but it’s hard to say he did more than Lewis, Gallen; or Cordner.

Parker just isn’t as good as Lolo. It’s just facts. Lolo was the original Haas who looked like a man against boys.

Brom probably doesn’t deserve to be there though.

I wonder if Hayne would’ve got a shout on the wing if he wasn’t such a gronk.

You know who i think gets overlooked a fair bit, Sam Thiaday. Peak Sammy was a superb back rower and i think it gets forgotten how good he actually was in his prime.

Also, i'd have put Jharal Yow Yeah in there despite his short career. Cant believe really it will be 10 years since he got that injury in 2022.

Cam Smith certainly owed QLD NOTHING........and had well earned the right to do whatever the **** he wanted to.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.