Teams for Game II

They most certainly can't take 4 back rowers on the bench again. Parker has to start ahead of Harrison, who should be left right out.
I think, seriously, we need 2 props on the bench - Shillington (Hannant to start if fit) and Lillyman/Kennedy.

That leaves 2 bench spots left, to be shared between Gillett, Te'o, Papaali and McQueen. Of those I prefer the aggression of Te'o and Papaali., though I could accept Gillett for Te'o. He did play well last night.

Agree that we cant have a 4 backrower bench again. Myles played 20 mins in backrow then 20 in front row and you could tell he was buggered.

Hannant will obviously come back if fit, so i would have shillington on the bench and we must consider picking Lawrence for the other spot. Along with fifita he has been the form prop of the season.

Papalii must take up another spot on the bench then out of McQueen / Teo and Gillett i would go with T'eo just because he has more aggression.

He is there first, and sometimes it costs him a missed tackle because there is no one else to help, but more often than not, he hits well and the player stays down.
2011 Gillett maybe. 2012 onwards, not at all.

I disagree, I think he had the best hit-ups of any Qld forward, bar Parker. That nothing came of them is not his fault.
Besides, the other thing he has better than pretty much anyone else, is his line speed. He is there first, and sometimes it costs him a missed tackle because there is no one else to help, but more often than not, he hits well and the player stays down.

Yes, Te'o is an aggressive player, but Gillett can be too, although that seems to have been coached out of him a bit.
Anyway, I would keep both and remove McQueen and Harrison, and bring another hard hitter in Papalii and a good working prop in Hannant or Lawrence, although like you say, that realistically ain't gonna happen for Harrison...

Scott was our 2nd best forward after parker. He was the only one busting out 10m hitups. (in fact he got 96m from 10 hitups, so almost avged 10m). We just have too many backrowers on the bench and someone (or 2) have to go.

2011 Gillett maybe. 2012 onwards, not at all.
Gillett 2012 maybe not. Gillett 2013, certainly. Gillett yesterday, absolutely!

Scott was our 2nd best forward after parker. He was the only one busting out 10m hitups. (in fact he got 96m from 10 hitups, so almost avged 10m). We just have too many backrowers on the bench and someone (or 2) have to go.
Gillett got 53 meters out of 6 hit-ups, averaging almost 9 mtrs (second to Matt Scott), made 20 tackles with none missed, 2 one on one and 1 tackle break. Those are impressive stats for a guy who only played 28 minutes, especially if you compare it to the other benchies, except Parker.

I agree that 2 guys have to go, but I would prefer to see McQueen and Harrison out before Gillett, and probably even Te'o. But I think we have to be wary of becoming knee jerkers like NSW, so Papalii and one of Hannant or Lawrence, need to come in, which will also allow our other guys, like Scott, Shillo and Thaiday to spend less energy tackling, and have more impact in the go forward.

Gillett 2012 maybe not. Gillett 2013, certainly. Gillett yesterday, absolutely!

Gillett got 53 meters out of 6 hit-ups, averaging almost 9 mtrs (second to Matt Scott), made 20 tackles with none missed, 2 one on one and 1 tackle break. Those are impressive stats for a guy who only played 28 minutes, especially if you compare it to the other benchies, except Parker.

I agree that 2 guys have to go, but I would prefer to see McQueen and Harrison out before Gillett, and probably even Te'o. But I think we have to be wary of becoming knee jerkers like NSW, so Papalii and one of Hannant or Lawrence, need to come in, which will also allow our other guys, like Scott, Shillo and Thaiday to spend less energy tackling, and have more impact in the go forward.

I agree with you that harrison should go but if we are being serious here, he wont go. no chance. that means we need to cut 3 players to get lawrence, hannant and papalii in. cant be parker, so has to be the other 3 benchies

Lawrence is 28? I've only noticed him this year, must be a very late bloomer.

Hahahaha PWN that's his whole bloody story!

It reminds me of when I was watching Edward Scissorhands with the relatives and one of them goes 'WTF why does he have scissors on his hands?'

:laugh:

Haha, I didn't know his story, I've just seen him play a few times and he's really quick so I just assumed he was young :laugh:

Farah in doubt with a half broken face

The return of Ennis :loool:

1 - Greg Inglis
2 - Darius Boyd
3 - Brent Tate
4 - Justin Hodges
5 - Billy Slater
6 - Jonathan Thurston
7 - Cooper Cronk
8 - Matt Scott
9 - Cameron Smith
10 - Ben Hannant
11 - Matt Gillett
12 - Sam Thaiday
13 - Corey Parker

14 - David Shillington
15 - Nate Myles
16 - Ben T'eo
17 - Josh Pappali

Only reason I'd have Gillett in the starting lineup over Myles is the youth / x-factor he brings (Plus I thought he was solid last night in the time he played), look at that bench, experience, size, speed, aggression.

We would win with that team.

TBH I hope Farah plays underdone.

His return in Game III would bring an unwanted boost to the Blues.

I agree with you that harrison should go but if we are being serious here, he wont go. no chance. that means we need to cut 3 players to get lawrence, hannant and papalii in. cant be parker, so has to be the other 3 benchies
If we're being serious, the only player that will go will be McQueen for Hannant if he is fit. Can't see Mal dropping anyone else...

If we're being serious, the only player that will go will be McQueen for Hannant if he is fit. Can't see Mal dropping anyone else...
yeah thats the only change theyll make id say.

and thats how our streak comes to an end.

i get the loyalty that mal wants to show to players, but guys like t'eo and gillett havent earnt that yet. they have been small parts of the success over the 7 years. theres no need to be loyal for loyalty sake. get big papa in there now!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think Broncos fans would prefer Gillett not making the side? It's not like he's Civo or Thurston or whatever, he's easily replaceable and the Broncs would benefit a lot more.

You'd think Broncos fans would prefer Gillett not making the side? It's not like he's Civo or Thurston or whatever, he's easily replaceable and the Broncs would benefit a lot more.

You are talking about Porthoz here mate. He would follow these Broncos players through the gates of hell.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spooky1013
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.