TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Djokovic has had his visa CANCELLED and will be deported ... prepare for the court case.

Alex Hawke says:

“Today I exercised my power under section 133C(3) of the Migration Act to cancel the visa held by Mr Novak Djokovic on health and good order grounds, on the basis that it was in the public interest to do so,” Hawke’s statement said,

“This decision followed orders by the Federal Circuit and Family Court on 10 January 2022, quashing a prior cancellation decision on procedural fairness grounds.

“In making this decision, I carefully considered information provided to me by the Department of Home Affairs, the Australian Border Force and Mr Djokovic.

“The Morrison Government is firmly committed to protecting Australia’s borders, particularly in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I thank the officers of the Department of Home Affairs and the Australian Border Force who work every day to serve Australia’s interests in increasingly challenging operational environments.”

I don’t think he can fight this one and win.

I think they would have anticipated Djokovic would fight it again and delayed the decision until they got legal advice telling them Djokovic’s chances of him winning are slim to none.

They wouldn’t want a repeat of what happened the first time. It already looked bad, but them cancelling his visa again and Djokovic getting it overturned again would make them a laughing stock and with elections not far away, they wouldn’t want that embarrassment.

But then again, this legal system is a fucking lottery so who the **** knows?

It would be pretty ridiculous if he got banned and then the decision overturned....twice.

Good to see Albo out offering constructive advice lol

Novak’s lawyers want a full court tomorrow (where there’s no appeal)

Govt wants single judge (where they can appeal)

Losing this case will be catastrophic for the Act and I would put money on the act changing after this event irrespective of how it goes

Novak’s lawyers want a full court tomorrow (where there’s no appeal)

Govt wants single judge (where they can appeal)

Losing this case will be catastrophic for the Act and I would put money on the act changing after this event irrespective of how it goes

I'm actually not ok with the circuit judge allowing him into the country.

They shouldn't have power to do that, he should have been straight back to detention and go over his options.

Funny how 2 other players in the same boat just left quietly but this arrogant **** has to fight it.

His lawyers argument......

The letter also references an online petition for with over 83,000 signatures showing support for Djokovic.

“There are several matters that would go against the public interest if the Australian government were to make a second attempt to cancel Mr Djokovic’s visa,” the document continues.

“First, that action would be likely to (further) adversely affect Australia’s global reputation, and call into question Australia’s border security principles and policies - and indeed the rule of law in Australia generally.

“Secondly, that action would prejudice Australian economic interests, and jeopardise the viability of Australia continuing to host this prestigious, international sporting event.

“Thirdly, that action would create the appearance of politically motivated decision-making.

“Cancelling Mr Djokovic’s visa and deporting him would plainly be adverse to the public interest, and respectfully, could only serve political interests. The Minister for Immigration cannot be satisfied that there is any public interest in cancelling Djokovic’s visa.”

1, 2 & 3....bullshit!

I haven't read this discussion but anyone else thinking he will just keep appealing until the Australian Open is complete then he can go back home with his millions of dollars?

Just on that little piece from his lawyer about public interest, it's in the interest of politicians to not allow this bloke to enter the country given how bad it would look after having hundreds of thousands locked down for months on end, only to let a major sports star to enter Australia unvaccinated and earn millions.

I highly doubt your average Joe wants to see him allowed to play unvaccinated whilst so many others locally, have been locked down and such.

The others aren't defending champions though.

they also don't have $300 million to their names. i doubt his defence will be cheap with 2 QC's on the case over a weekend

Well he is the Serbian Jesus, just ask his parents

Well he is the Serbian Jesus, just ask his parents

and the Serbian PM.

The serbs may be ok with him breaking their laws ... doesn't mean he can break ours

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.