• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
I'm sure they'll keep waffling on the decision until he walks on the court.

If he gets booed then ABF will rappel out of a black hawk and throw him on the next plane to Croatia. Cheers then Scotty will appear on the video screen all misty eyed and let him stay for the good of Melbourne.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Is Alex Hawke waiting for prime time to drop his bomb or something.

let's get this over with, kick this asshole out of the country!!!!

Nashy

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
If a regular middle eastern person comes here and fills out something wrong on their card, at least we know that they will get full due diligence completed before a business trip ruining deportation may occur.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Djokovic has had his visa CANCELLED and will be deported ... prepare for the court case.

Alex Hawke says:

“Today I exercised my power under section 133C(3) of the Migration Act to cancel the visa held by Mr Novak Djokovic on health and good order grounds, on the basis that it was in the public interest to do so,” Hawke’s statement said,

“This decision followed orders by the Federal Circuit and Family Court on 10 January 2022, quashing a prior cancellation decision on procedural fairness grounds.

“In making this decision, I carefully considered information provided to me by the Department of Home Affairs, the Australian Border Force and Mr Djokovic.

“The Morrison Government is firmly committed to protecting Australia’s borders, particularly in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I thank the officers of the Department of Home Affairs and the Australian Border Force who work every day to serve Australia’s interests in increasingly challenging operational environments.”

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
Djokovic has had his visa CANCELLED and will be deported
Well, I’m happy, but not in mrslong’s weird word way. I know it, it’s okay.

I’m just happy there’s been no bending.

Nashy

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
The government making a controversial announcement late on Friday? Business as usual.

We will be sure to forget about this come Monday when the tennis kicks off.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
Well, I’m happy, but not in mrslong’s weird word way.

GIF by Hayley Kiyoko

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
So what happens now? Does he have any other options if booted out by this dude?

Nashy

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
So what happens now? Does he have any other options if booted out by this dude?

He can apparently appeal the grounds of the decision, but not the actual cancellation itself. Apparently he would be long odds here.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Hahaha released three minutes after clerical court closed 🤪🤪🤪🚨

his lawyers are still talking about getting an appeal heard this weekend ... is that special treatment by the courts or is that option available to anyone?

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
his lawyers are still talking about getting an appeal heard this weekend ... is that special treatment by the courts or is that option available to anyone?
maybe to someone who is not an absolute ****...?

Nashy

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Threads

I think the judge can make themselves available. I guess it depends how much money you have, as to if your lawyers have those types of contacts.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Threads
Shit I’ve had cases delayed at lunch time because the judge had a game of golf scheduled

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.