Tesi Niu

He makes Josh Hoffman look like Graeme friggin Langlands FFS.

Tesi is athletic but dumb as dog do do

I've been silent on the Tesi stuff because I've been giving him time. But nothing is changing. His lack of effort and urgency at the back played at least a small part in their first 3 tries, if not a larger one. It's killing the team's confidence, TMM MUST be back next week if fit. Tesi needs to find his feet at FB in Cup and work on his effort areas. He does not deserve that jersey at present and I'll be right off Kev if he's picked again next week.

First try they stripped us for numbers on the right edge, but Tesi was caught inside ball watching, instead of coming across at speed he was stop-start with each pass, almost walking at times. No urgency to stay with the ball, he may not have stopped the try but didn't even put himself in the position to try.

Second try was a grubber, Tesi won the race but failed to ground or punch it dead, got half a hand to it and the Roosters cleaned it up.

Third try, again not mostly his fault, Angus isolated Reyno close to the line and barged through - but Tesi was defending up in the line near the posts and went up hard with the rest of the line, then walked as soon as the ball went past him - not coming across in cover.

Their other 2 tries were similar to the 1st and 3rd, he was stuck in mud in the defensive line in front of the posts and not following the ball at all. Maybe he wants to play lock.

He doesn't show FB instincts, at all. A few games in or not, you can't teach that shit. How natural does Mam look in his position after what, 8 games? Cobbo was the same. I know they're special, but good players either have "it" or they don't, right from day dot. No offence to Tesi, but he doesn't have it, not at FB. If he really wants to play FB he should probably be figuring it out in Cup next year. We can't carry him if we seriously want to threaten for a premiership.

First try they stripped us for numbers on the right edge, but Tesi was caught inside ball watching, instead of coming across at speed he was stop-start with each pass, almost walking at times. No urgency to stay with the ball, he may not have stopped the try but didn't even put himself in the position to try.

Second try was a grubber, Tesi won the race but failed to ground or punch it dead, got half a hand to it and the Roosters cleaned it up.

Third try, again not mostly his fault, Angus isolated Reyno close to the line and barged through - but Tesi was defending up in the line near the posts and went up hard with the rest of the line, then walked as soon as the ball went past him - not coming across in cover.

Their other 2 tries were similar to the 1st and 3rd, he was stuck in mud in the defensive line in front of the posts and not following the ball at all. Maybe he wants to play lock.

He doesn't show FB instincts, at all. A few games in or not, you can't teach that shit. How natural does Mam look in his position after what, 8 games? Cobbo was the same. I know they're special, but good players either have "it" or they don't, right from day dot. No offence to Tesi, but he doesn't have it, not at FB. If he really wants to play FB he should probably be figuring it out in Cup next year. We can't carry him if we seriously want to threaten for a premiership.
The second try wasn’t a grubber. Tesi was at A defender 20m out for no logical reason, rushed up out of the line, and got chipped before failing to get back and clean it up

B640008C 0DFD 4731 9ABB E23BC881AA9B
16F5AE48 D447 4D9F B9F7 8C53D8605DAA
CA8E7A64 FDED 49DC BD3C DBC7FACDD3BA

Adam Reynolds missed nine tackles and his halves partner Ezra Mam missed seven. Kurt Capewell missed seven and both Jordan Riki and Billy Walters missed five tackles each.\

But ,,, it was Tesi`s fault the Broncos lost .
Haters ....

Adam Reynolds missed nine tackles and his halves partner Ezra Mam missed seven. Kurt Capewell missed seven and both Jordan Riki and Billy Walters missed five tackles each.\

Haters ....

No, just saying hes not an NRL standard FB. You could also ask questions if his lack of organisation contributed to the defensive line missing those tackles.

Haters ....

Tesi was shit. He's not an NRL standard fullback.

No, just saying hes not an NRL standard FB. You could also ask questions if his lack of organisation contributed to the defensive line missing those tackles.

Reyonlds can`t count past 3 ?
When you are the 3 man in and there is a 2 or 3 man overlap as the opposition get tackled . It`s time to tell the boys inside , get your asses out here I`m sliding out . Doesn`t need TMM to decipher that .

Opposition are making metres up the middle . Then attacking the edges after fast play the balls .
The middles have been soft in defence . And the halves are getting monstered by the opposition edges .

But it`s Tesi`s fault .

Walker chipped over Ezra and Mariner as your illustration shows . .
Then pushed Tesi in the back on the run for the ball .

But spin it to suit your argument .
There’s nothing wrong with being chipped. Players get kicked over literally every set of 6. The thing is, the whole point of a fullback is to receive those kicks before the attackers do.

I’m not spinning anything - why if Tesi in the line on the 3rd 20m out?

You can point out how bad every other player was as much as you want - I’m not arguing about them. I’m not even trying to establish fault. I’m pointing out Tesi’s total lack of positional understanding.

I’m still a Tesi fan, he’s got some really amazing gifts but I do totally agree he needs to go back to Q Cup and work specifically on his defense.

His attack is fine and he can hone it later but right now, his defense simply isn’t good enough and so I think he is trying too hard at times to compensate and thus making more errors.

I also have no problem with Kevvie giving him another game this week and letting TMM come back through Q Cup. It gave Tesi and opportunity to show he can stand up under pressure and unfortunately, once again, he didn’t.

He is a fine back up for now and there is nothing wrong with that but TMM needs to come back in for experience, composure and defensive necessity. If Kevvie can’t see it, surely Reynolds can as he’s the one who is getting pummelled by other teams now because the rest of the spine are either kids or journeymen.

Haters ....
It wasn't all Tesi's fault, but if he does his job properly we don't find ourselves 12-0 down to start with.

I’m still a Tesi fan, he’s got some really amazing gifts but I do totally agree he needs to go back to Q Cup and work specifically on his defense.

His attack is fine and he can hone it later but right now, his defense simply isn’t good enough and so I think he is trying too hard at times to compensate and thus making more errors.

I also have no problem with Kevvie giving him another game this week and letting TMM come back through Q Cup. It gave Tesi and opportunity to show he can stand up under pressure and unfortunately, once again, he didn’t.

He is a fine back up for now and there is nothing wrong with that but TMM needs to come back in for experience, composure and defensive necessity. If Kevvie can’t see it, surely Reynolds can as he’s the one who is getting pummelled by other teams now because the rest of the spine are either kids or journeymen.
It's more than just his defence. He needs to get the basics sorted first like organisation and positioning as well as defence. If he can do that he could be a decent player.

Still doesn't change though we have signed Walsh to be our 1. It won't be Tesi.

It's more than just his defence. He needs to get the basics sorted first like organisation and positioning as well as defence. If he can do that he could be a decent player.

Still doesn't change though we have signed Walsh to be our 1. It won't be Tesi.
I’ll leave it alone now I guess. At least until he is next picked but I think people are overrating his attack too

Somes people are being overly harsh on Tesi .

The reality is however, he is not up to the standard we need at number 1.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skathen
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.