Tesi Niu

Reyonlds can`t count past 3 ?
When you are the 3 man in and there is a 2 or 3 man overlap as the opposition get tackled . It`s time to tell the boys inside , get your asses out here I`m sliding out . Doesn`t need TMM to decipher that .

Opposition are making metres up the middle . Then attacking the edges after fast play the balls .
The middles have been soft in defence . And the halves are getting monstered by the opposition edges .

But it`s Tesi`s fault .

You know its ok to be a Tesi fan and believe he is a future superstar / great fullback prospect but also admit that he had a bad game. Happens to every player.

Personal opinion on Tesi's skills and potential can differ greatly and that's fine, but an objective analysis of his game last night was that he was extremely poor. Doesn't mean he won't turn it around and become an immortal, but his performance last night was not first grade standard. The fact that the team around him also played poorly doesn't detract from how bad Tesi was.

'Tesi played terribly but I believe he's a talented football player who will turn it around and become a gun' is a valid opinion, trying to defend his game last night? Less so...

I’m still a Tesi fan, he’s got some really amazing gifts but I do totally agree he needs to go back to Q Cup and work specifically on his defense.

His attack is fine and he can hone it later but right now, his defense simply isn’t good enough and so I think he is trying too hard at times to compensate and thus making more errors.

I also have no problem with Kevvie giving him another game this week and letting TMM come back through Q Cup. It gave Tesi and opportunity to show he can stand up under pressure and unfortunately, once again, he didn’t.

He is a fine back up for now and there is nothing wrong with that but TMM needs to come back in for experience, composure and defensive necessity. If Kevvie can’t see it, surely Reynolds can as he’s the one who is getting pummelled by other teams now because the rest of the spine are either kids or journeymen.
Mate I have to disagree, his attack is not fine. Our right side attack has been largely shut down and Tesi is playing a role in that.

He is crabbing towards the sideline crowding the centre and winger and then dishing off a pass when nothing is on and the centre and winger are well covered and have no room.

You know its ok to be a Tesi fan and believe he is a future superstar / great fullback prospect but also admit that he had a bad game. Happens to every player.

Personal opinion on Tesi's skills and potential can differ greatly and that's fine, but an objective analysis of his game last night was that he was extremely poor. Doesn't mean he won't turn it around and become an immortal, but his performance last night was not first grade standard. The fact that the team around him also played poorly doesn't detract from how bad Tesi was.

'Tesi played terribly but I believe he's a talented football player who will turn it around and become a gun' is a valid opinion, trying to defend his game last night? Less so...
Great post and on the money.

Mate I have to disagree, his attack is not fine. Our right side attack has been largely shut down and Tesi is playing a role in that.

He is crabbing towards the sideline crowding the centre and winger and then dishing off a pass when nothing is on and the centre and winger are well covered and have no room.

He looked fine the last few weeks. I’m not saying it’s perfect, I’m saying his defense is a far more pressing and glaring issue.

Last night he was definitely going sideways a lot but the previous few weeks he wasn’t doing it as much (still doing it just less), last night was a shocker but he wasn’t alone there either.

He looked fine the last few weeks. I’m not saying it’s perfect, I’m saying his defense is a far more pressing and glaring issue.

Last night he was definitely going sideways a lot but the previous few weeks he wasn’t doing it as much (still doing it just less), last night was a shocker but he wasn’t alone there either.
I like him and think he has potential, but he really needs to go back to Q-Cup and work on his issues. If they are not addressed I cannot see how he could be a first grade fullback.

Somes people are being overly harsh on Tesi .

The reality is however, he is not up to the standard we need at number 1.

1 to 17 no one was up to standard .
Cant concede 30 and think you are gonna win .

Renolds and Ezra were targeted and missed a dozen tackles between them . Riki , Capewll , Mariner and Staggs were all exposed .

Soft middle and fragile edges . But it was Tesi`s fault because he didn`t tell them to do their jobs .

Renolds and Ezra were targeted and missed a dozen tackles between them . Riki , Capewll , Mariner and Staggs were all exposed .

Soft middle and fragile edges . But it was Tesi`s fault because he didn`t tell them to do their jobs .
Who is saying it’s Tesi’s fault? More than 1 player can play bad.

niu played a terrible game last night and most games i've seen him play have been terrible, he is a single digit footy iq, 100% heads up player

tesi niu is isaako 2.0 and has no business as an nrl fullback

not putting tmm back when hes fit and dropping lee was impressively stupid

tomb mold is my fav death metal band

enjoy your weekend all

best regards

trill harrigan

Mate have you ever played a fullback type role in sport ever?

I did for over a decade and a lot of your job is being the eyes for the defence and communicating. Players in the front line can only read what’s happening so much and rely on the fullback who has a wider view of the field from behind to know when to number up, slide, play for the sweep or kick - whatever play it may be.

Tesi either doesn’t know how, or just doesn’t think to do it, and like others have said, natural fullbacks do this without thinking. And he certainly can’t do any of this if he’s in the defensive line for no reason leaving an open pasture behind him.

The more you double down on this, the more credibility you lose, assuming you haven’t exhausted it already by blaming literally every other player while refusing to say he wasn’t good as well.

Just because others had a bad night, doesn’t mean your boy is absolved from criticism, because it’s been the same issues whenever he’s played.

Even when he’s been good, the bad parts are still there.

I don't know why the cult of Tesi find it so difficult to grasp Tesi should be organising the defence. He is the fullback. I don't think he is there to tell them what to do at all. It's about helping out your team mates be in the best positions they can be in.

I think there's a good footy player in Tesi, but he's far from what we need right now. We need someone steering the ship from the back. Like Tesi, TMM is also suspect under the high ball, but maybe not as much.

Tesi's ceiling is higher than Martin's. But his floor is waaaaay lower than TMM.
Tesi couldn't organize a root in a brothel. Always in the defensive line, never talks or communicates. Its like having Boyd at the back again except Boyd wasn't score of the high ball.
Here is a stat no one can defend
With TMM at fullback we average 12 points against at fullback
Tesi - 26 points against at fullback

While Tesi's defence, attack, positioning, talk, etc can all be questioned. The thing that pissess me off the most is what appears to to a complete lack of urgency, especially at our try line.

It looks to me like he doesn't assert himself in the full back role when defending (or even catching the ball), always seeming leaving it for others to do.

While Tesi's defence, attack, positioning, talk, etc can all be questioned. The thing that pissess me off the most is what appears to to a complete lack of urgency, especially at our try line.

It looks to me like he doesn't assert himself in the full back role when defending (or even catching the ball), always seeming leaving it for others to do.
The try where Reynolds was isolated, tesi charged up with the front line and had no idea what was happening out wide.

It’s because he isn’t ready for NRL. I don’t think he’s lazy like some have said - I think he’s just entirely unsure of where to be or what to do

It’s because he isn’t ready for NRL. I don’t think he’s lazy like some have said - I think he’s just entirely unsure of where to be or what to do
100% it's like he has never played fullback before.

Tesi is obviously talented enough to sometimes step and make a break, he even throws the occasional nice pass to put the winger in for a try. This is to be expected of a young up and coming NRL player. What Tesi lacks is footy awareness, how to evaluate the opposition's shape and bark orders to his own defensive line to counter that threat. This may come with maturity, but at present he has no idea where to place himself let alone the rest of the defensive line.

His other great weakness is under pressure he panics and it is plain for all to see that he is not comfortable under the bomb or going in for a 50/50 ball. He is solid enough to take a hit up and but he makes very few metres and very rarely does he break the line like every other decent fullback.

It is also obvious he wants to play for us, but his footy smarts (or lack of) is not what this teams needs at present.

Pretty much the whole team were slightly off their game last night, primarily because the Rorters were on theirs. when this happens the last line of defence is always left exposed and any short-comings of the FB become glaringly obvious.

Hopefully, this is one of the "lessons" the coaching staff learned that Kevvie was talking about in the presser. He needs a good spell in Qcup to work on his organisational skills as well as overcoming his anxiety under the bomb. perhaps then we will see a better version of Tesi.

I don't know why the cult of Tesi find it so difficult to grasp Tesi should be organising the defence. He is the fullback. I don't think he is there to tell them what to do at all. It's about helping out your team mates be in the best positions they can be in.

What cult? There is literally one poster dying on this hill.

What cult? There is literally one poster dying on this hill.
mr bean car GIF by Matt

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.