Tesi Niu

Yes, I’m a woke warrior for wondering if should show a little more human decency to a 19 year old kid who has recently lost his father.
I don't recall isaako getting the same treatment.

I feel terribly sorry for niu and his personal loss, it must be gutwrenching for him, but if he is not in the right frame of mind to be playing he should be taken out of the line of fire for his own mental well-being.

If he is in the right frame of mind, then he's subject to criticism like any other player who is in poor form.

I feel terribly sorry for niu and his personal loss, it must be gutwrenching for him, but if he is not in the right frame of mind to be playing he should be taken out of the line of fire for his own mental well-being.

If he is in the right frame of mind, then he's subject to criticism like any other player who is in poor form.
No worries then. Rip in

I reckon playing footy would be a good thing for him

I don't think he's in any line of fire either, he would be foolish to be reading these forums or any other forum. We're a very impulsive bunch, if he were to come out and have a strong game this thread would be inactive until such a time he had a bad one (much like the Kevvie sacking thread, until recently)

I wonder if Tesi will become a 6. It won’t be with us if so but you could definitely hide his deficiencies better there and an attacking weapon is embedded in there. He also has a far better work ethic on and off the field than Milf.

Club hasnt really been in a rush to extend him and keep him from talking to other clubs come nov 1.

I wonder if Tesi will become a 6. It won’t be with us if so but you could definitely hide his deficiencies better there and an attacking weapon is embedded in there. He also has a far better work ethic on and off the field than Milf.
I really don’t see it tbh. 6 needs to have some instincts for the game too. Outside of his running game, his attack doesn’t outweigh his defensive short comings. If anything, I think he could become a winger in the mould of Corey Thompson or Matty Utai but those short stocky wingers aren’t really on trend at the moment outside of To’o

I watched Walsh get either palmed off or run over 3 times for tries on his goal line yesterday .
You guys saying he is walk up start next year might be in for a shock I think .

He`s tough no doubt . But defending is not his strength .
So you’re saying he got close enough to attempt a tackle? Already an upgrade then

Any 20 year old, especially if gifted with talent like Tesi, will improve.

The discussion here, is whether he will ever improve enough to be a starting NRL fullback, and he's very far from it in areas that can't really be coached. He just doesn't show the necessary footy IQ and fortitude to make it IMO.

People here trying to compare Walsh's poor defense with Tesi, are forgetting there's a chasm between them when it comes to situational awareness, energy, communication and effort. Like several have said, Walsh is there to be trampled over, while Niu is nowhere in the vicinity to even desperately try...

For those reasons, I and others think both Niu and Walsh will be better given their age, but only one will reach the top. It will be Reece IMO of course, even if like Locky (not comparing both), his defense will never be his strength.
Couldn't agree more mate, and I have zero issues with saying you think Reece will be the better player long term. For the record, so do I :)

I really don’t see it tbh. 6 needs to have some instincts for the game too. Outside of his running game, his attack doesn’t outweigh his defensive short comings. If anything, I think he could become a winger in the mould of Corey Thompson or Matty Utai but those short stocky wingers aren’t really on trend at the moment outside of To’o
If he's too short or not good enough for any other position, we should definitely start him at 9. Case closed.

On what planet?

Not that one has got anything to do with the other....and why some people have to keep mentioning Milford....but

to think Tesi is better than Milford
shows very little understanding about Rugby league.
Wrong. I won't ever forgive milfplod for the smear he left on this club.
If I had to choose between tesi being a Bronco, or Milford, I would take tesi 10 out of 10 times, and if you choose Milford out of those two, then it shows very little understanding about rugby league.
I would rather a bloke that tries and has talent, over the bloke that just has talent, every day.

Not to mention Milford has well and truly hit his ceiling, and Tesi is only 19 and has years to improve.

Wrong. I won't ever forgive milfplod for the smear he left on this club.
If I had to choose between tesi being a Bronco, or Milford, I would take tesi 10 out of 10 times, and if you choose Milford out of those two, then it shows very little understanding about rugby league.
I would rather a bloke that tries and has talent, over the bloke that just has talent, every day.

Not to mention Milford has well and truly hit his ceiling, and Tesi is only 19 and has years to improve.

Milford has a football brain. There is no comparison between the 2, Tesi is shit.

Active Now

• cento
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • Tim K
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
  • Brocko
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.