Tesi Niu

See above.

Big Del has some questions to answer. 🙃

If I was Tesi's coach I would have him watch replays of Dylan Edwards from the Panthers. The kid is an absolute gun who just never gives up. He drops bombs occasionally but he's always there to clean up his own mess. He is absolutely everywhere in attack and defence and he is as tough as nails. He gets bashed and battered but nevers shies away from going into everything at full speed.
He was a lot like Tesi was when he started with errors and dropped balls but he kept at it. Nerves sometimes got the better of him when he made a mistake but he would persevere and now he is such an important part of a Premiership team in attack and defence.
If Tesi saw how Edwards is always there he might realize he needs to show the same urgency and desire to be everywhere all the time

If I was Tesi's coach I would have him watch replays of Dylan Edwards from the Panthers. The kid is an absolute gun who just never gives up. He drops bombs occasionally but he's always there to clean up his own mess. He is absolutely everywhere in attack and defence and he is as tough as nails. He gets bashed and battered but nevers shies away from going into everything at full speed.
He was a lot like Tesi was when he started with errors and dropped balls but he kept at it. Nerves sometimes got the better of him when he made a mistake but he would persevere and now he is such an important part of a Premiership team in attack and defence.
If Tesi saw how Edwards is always there he might realize he needs to show the same urgency and desire to be everywhere all the time

Theres a vast difference between the awareness of Edwards and Tesi. Light years.

Edwards has ways been a gun. He had one weird patch one season where his hands deserted him and he dropped everything that came his way, but either side of that little period he's been high quality.

tesi at 6 lol, that is cracked

if you think he'll ever have a season even 50% as good as milford 15/16 you have a lot more optimism than i do

feel free to prove me wrong tesi, preferably asap

Tesi is as much a development player as any of our youngsters.

But, if defensive organisation is anything to go to by, the number of MASSIVE overlaps we've had in recent games is shocking. Wingers haven't had to run around us, they've just shuffled the ball wide and waltzed in - assuming they've needed the winger.

I get there are reasons, like Herbie being out, and new combos, and... blah blah blah. but someone has to stop the rot, and in my mind, let's go back to TMM, who pointed and shouted his ass off in FB. Whether he was any better than anyone else, no one on BHQ will know for sure, but we weren't getting lapped on the outside a while ago. We weren't calling for TMM's head.

Dylan Edwards is exactly the type of FB herbie farnworth would be. Fit strong, fast and tough as nails. Wouldn't lock Walsh into the starting FB role just yet

Theres a vast difference between the awareness of Edwards and Tesi. Light years.
...and I don't think that's something you can coach...(maybe?)

Be interesting to know how long Tesi has played the game. Sometimes I just assume NRL players have played all their life ...like from the U/7's up. You just know with some players that they have a natural instinct for the game....it's ingrained in them.....like, there's no other way to play.

Tesi doesn't hold that......
I know some won't like this, but....Isucko was exactly the same. Have we learnt nothing?

Nip it in the bud.
Reece, Herbie....or Cobbo. We got better options, short and long term.

Nip it in the bud.
yeah just seems like a waste unfortunately. Unless he has a revelation next year and becomes some superstar(or even just a competent FB) best to let him go. I think he's off contract after 23?

Im sure some struggling club will take him or get signed as depth for a top 8 team. Priority is to ensure we keep herbie at all costs.

...and I don't think that's something you can coach...(maybe?)

Be interesting to know how long Tesi has played the game. Sometimes I just assume NRL players have played all their life ...like from the U/7's up. You just know with some players that they have a natural instinct for the game....it's ingrained in them.....like, there's no other way to play.

Tesi doesn't hold that......
I know some won't like this, but....Isucko was exactly the same. Have we learnt nothing?

Nip it in the bud.

You are right, its not. Ive seen many players like Tesi and a few like Tedesco/Lockyer/Slater. The latter have an in built nature and brain that is always searching for a weakness. The speed that they think is what makes the difference. The current modern game is so brutal and strong the difference of brains is amplified.

The big difference between Milford and Tesi, is Tesi is young enough to learn and get better.
The second big difference is Tesi looks like he tries sometimes, which is a lot more than can be said for post 2016 Milford.

You Milford fanboys need to take the blinders off, that dude was a blight on our club and in his last several seasons with us, was a huge part of the reason for our fall from grace.

Tesi is great in attack, terrible in defense no doubt about.
But he is only 19.
Plenty of time and room for improvement.

Milford having a football brain is neither here nor there if you don't have the drive or ambition to use it.
Mate, take it easy. Your stance on Milford is no different from big del defending Tesi, with full blinders on. Reflect on that...

You just said it yourself, "Milford past 2016" probably means it was different before that.
The team and Milford were ruined by the Broncos coaches and a toxic culture at Red Hill that became clear after the game that shall not be mentioned and only started being cleaned up after the change in management.

Anthony is clearly a guy that lacks the maturity and drive to resist the adversity and pressure put on him during those years, but Tesi is not even in the same galaxy footballing wise.

I think Herbie would be elite at FB. He could quite well be the next version of what fullbacks need to be.
I imagine him being like Tedesco in his early days but not as good. I do think he could be pretty good defensively though.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Griffo
  • broncs30
  • mrtij
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.