Tesi Niu

With Staggs, Oates and Cobbo as 3/4 of the back line, it definitely seems to make more sense to have a passing fullback over a running one.
Exactly.
Add Herbie to that mix and we probably have one of the most dangerous backlines in the comp.
We have to give them good ball.
Martin may not have the speed of Nui but TMM beats his man with the way he runs his lines.

Martin may not have the speed of Nui
It's hard to judge but I think TMM is the faster of the two. Niu has that Milford-esque tip toe running style which is good for agility but not so good on top speed.

It's hard to judge but I think TMM is the faster of the two. Niu has that Milford-esque tip toe running style which is good for agility but not so good on top speed.
Yeah it's a hard one to judge because of Tesi's running style he probably looks quicker when hes skipping around in attack but Martin is deceptively quick, especially in short bursts.

Top speed almost means jack in NRL for backs. Its the rate of acceleration and ability to hit top speed sooner. Most NRL backs are capable of a quality 11sec 100m. If you have 5m head start thats about 0.5 seconds the guy behind has to catch. Thats 10second 100m territory - not happening.

60m sprint time is the best indicator of an NRL players speed.

Top speed almost means jack in NRL for backs. Its the rate of acceleration and ability to hit top speed sooner. Most NRL backs are capable of a quality 11sec 100m. If you have 5m head start thats about 0.5 seconds the guy behind has to catch. Thats 10second 100m territory - not happening.

60m sprint time is the best indicator of an NRL players speed.

Young = much faster than TMM .
Ezra = a little faster than TMM .

I think it`s the angles TMM runs he always seems to be running into spaces . And his changes of direction are more a swerve than a step . Deceptive little bugger .

Yeah Tesi scores that try, but I don't think Tesi has the composure to do what Martin did in offloading back to Mam (moot point tho as he scores and offload isn't required).

Tesi is far quicker than Martin.
If you see anyone posting anything like "Martin is quicker than Tesi" you know they are blindly holding on to their argument and not looking at situations objectively.

If you see anyone posting anything like "Martin is quicker than Tesi" you know they are blindly holding on to their argument and not looking at situations objectively.
Tesi = next Darren Lockyer
Te Maire = next Benji Marshall

That's all you need to know.

TMM looks a bit like Hodges in that he glides more than motors.

There wasn't much gliding going on when Dom Young came from the clouds, Ezra certainly thought he wouldn't be needed (at least not initially)

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.