Tesi Niu

The chasm between the current class of the 2 players was demonstrated again last night. I hope Tesi is able to continue to work on his game and become first grade standard. He seems like a decent young fella but Martin currently just has so many strengths to his game that Tesi has yet to develop.

I hope those on here who has previously thought the 2 were closer in ability were able to appreciate their differences last night. If you have an understanding of the fullback role, Martin really is a joy to watch.
Not bad for a guy who came back this season from medical retirement and never really played fullback prior

C’mon, let’s be honest TMM played well, but so has Tesi recently, his game against the Dragons was great, but still people pulled his game apart unjustifiably imo. TMM was very good last night, but if Tesi had of put in the same performance his haters would have criticised him for the poor pass in an attacking situation and for allowing Best to score.
TMM was regularly defending in the line and wasn’t there to clean up the many drop outs we had. Shoe in the other foot Tesi would have been crucified.
I get Tesi has a lot to work on, and he is far from the finished product, but the lense through which he is judged in by some forumers is very harsh especially for a guy whose development has been hampered by injury.

C’mon, let’s be honest TMM played well, but so has Tesi recently, his game against the Dragons was great, but still people pulled his game apart unjustifiably imo. TMM was very good last night, but if Tesi had of put in the same performance his haters would have criticised him for the poor pass in an attacking situation and for allowing Best to score.
TMM was regularly defending in the line and wasn’t there to clean up the many drop outs we had. Shoe in the other foot Tesi would have been crucified.
I get Tesi has a lot to work on, and he is far from the finished product, but the lense through which he is judged in by some forumers is very harsh especially for a guy whose development has been hampered by injury.

Everytime we needed our FB to be there as our final defender, he was there.

His decision making and clear communication in defence is the reason he's likely not copping it.

He showed he can think and play football.

I don't understand what anyone sees in the kid.

I’m not trying to delegitimise others opinions but when I read comments like this I really have to think that some posters don’t have strong understandings of the fullback position. Or maybe I don’t, but we really must be scoring off of entirely different rubrics.

The pass was good too. Cobbo was out of position. Had Cobbo stayed on his wing he would’ve scored off of it.

I watched TMM closely when he was in the line or caught at marker. When the ball was taken by the dummy half he was sprinting flat out to get to where the play was going. A few times tesi was in the same position he would then jog out from marker or the front line which has lead to tries off grubbers from the opposition. This is where people have been critical of tesi.

another thing I noticed was that the knights then started pushing their short kicks wider and harder because of TMM’s urgency and cover which lead to a few kicks going dead over the side line.

TMM just shows he is willing to compete on everything. He has no problem physically moving players in the red zone. Capwell got shoved from one side of the ruck to the other by him and others too haha. He may not of stopped every try but he was in the frame to make a difference and thats what I expect from a top grade fullback. Clearly our defence was better this week the stats showed that Newcastle had a huge amount of ball in our forty and twenty but we were able to frustrate them enough to snuff out their attempts. It came down to us having the numbers we needed when we needed them and that was due to TMM counting and distributing bodies.

Let Tesi improve in QLD Cup, there's a bit of 1 hand on the keyboard stuff going on at this point

Well Big Del was right, SOS Tesi. TMM just isn’t good enough I’m afraid, really missed Tesi’ competitiveness in defence and under the high ball last night.

@Big Del how did you think TMM played and compares to Tesi?

To be fair to Big Del, I don’t think he ever said TMM wasn’t a good player.

TMM was good .

He got Ezra into the clear . Some thing we hadn`t seen until then . Then the pass back to Ezra was very skilful .

I thought he deferred to Oates more than once when defusing bombs . But I also think that has been a tactic to let the tall wingers catch bombs if they have a choice .
Smart coaches will try to isolate him under kicks more I predict . eg kick earlier in the count when the wingers are not back to help out .

I like the guy . I posted congratulating him on making the Kiwi squad . And mentioned what a come back it was . From park footy in NZ to making the Kiwi squad a feel good story .

He is very good in front of a camera . Humble , with just enough cheek . And that smile .

TMM was good .

He got Ezra into the clear . Some thing we hadn`t seen until then . Then the pass back to Ezra was very skilful .

I thought he deferred to Oates more than once when defusing bombs . But I also think that has been a tactic to let the tall wingers catch bombs if they have a choice .
Smart coaches will try to isolate him under kicks more I predict . eg kick earlier in the count when the wingers are not back to help out .

I like the guy . I posted congratulating him on making the Kiwi squad . And mentioned what a come back it was . From park footy in NZ to making the Kiwi squad a feel good story .

He is very good in front of a camera . Humble , with just enough cheek . And that smile .

Oh yes, that smile is something special.

Yep not allowed to say I didn’t like a Ridley Scott film because I’ve never directed or produced an Oscar winning movie.
Shhhhhhhh🤣🤣🤣
Don’t get him back in his horse again. I much prefer Buck doing laps than the other sh#t😁

Got to love the search function.

This is the only post that's referred to him as any kind of stupid c from IBM in reference to the offside penalty against the Roosters in Round 5.

Mind you if you go through Locky24's post history there's a lot of vitriol there. Of course it's going to rub posters the wrong way.

Not to play moderator but if a poster really bothers you that much, why not put them on ignore? It's just like any other social media platform and if you don't like their content just ignore them.
Stop talking sense BP😁

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • Ozired
  • TimWhatley
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Strop
  • Mick_Hancock
  • armchair
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Alec
  • Tmac
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.