Tesi Niu

Lazy player, walks to the ball after play passes him like he’s a middle whose made 40+ tackles. Watching him almost butcher that first bomb was such a head shake moment. Cobbo had NFI what Tesi was doing and made it look so amateur.

If all Tesi has to offer at fullback is footwork and speed then TMM has the jersey for the rest of the year while Tesi does his time in QCUP to get some confidence because he has none.

can someone please tell me why the **** Ezra isn't getting hung out to dry ??? seriously people are clueless

can someone please tell me why the **** Ezra isn't getting hung out to dry ??? seriously people are clueless

What do you mean by that? A lot of what he tried last night didn’t come off and he probably overplayed his hand a little. He was isolated and run over by a NSW/premiership winning back rower which is to be expected. Could do with a few weeks in QCUP with gamble coming in to give him a rest. His situation is nothing like Tesi’s, he’s had a great season so far and has given himself plenty of rope to hang himself with unlike Tesi.

I think there's a good footy player in Tesi, but he's far from what we need right now. We need someone steering the ship from the back. Like Tesi, TMM is also suspect under the high ball, but maybe not as much.

Tesi's ceiling is higher than Martin's. But his floor is waaaaay lower than TMM.
The issue is that niu has to find that ceiling in 4 weeks or it’s worthless to us with Walsh walking into the number 1 jersey next year (thank god). So in the next month Tesi needs to learn, not even perfect, how to defend at fb and organise the defensive line as well as how to execute basic attacking structures such as a sweep play. We all know about his defensive flaws, and he’s currently running around like a headless chook with the ball in the opp 20 so I don’t have much hope for his attack either.

What do you mean by that? A lot of what he tried last night didn’t come off and he probably overplayed his hand a little. He was isolated and run over by a NSW/premiership winning back rower which is to be expected. Could do with a few weeks in QCUP with gamble coming in to give him a rest. His situation is nothing like Tesi’s, he’s had a great season so far and has given himself plenty of rope to hang himself with unlike Tesi.
and the keary miss , he's done it a few times. point is nothing gets mentioned because he is the forum fan boy , unlike Tesi.
Personally I don't think any of the young guys should be crucified like Tesi has , the reaction to his errors are ridiculous compared to others.

and the keary miss , he's done it a few times. point is nothing gets mentioned because he is the forum fan boy , unlike Tesi.
Personally I don't think any of the young guys should be crucified like Tesi has , the reaction to his errors are ridiculous compared to others.
If Tesi wasn't such a basket case that would be different, after the Parra game alot of people where getting won over, I would say in comparison Mam who is quite a bit younger then Niu and with even less experience looks like a player who has played twice as many games, he still makes errors but his effort is never questioned and he makes good decisions instinctively unlike Niu in most cases.

Not every kid will be a superstar.

Tessi Niu over 10 rounds this season averages per game:
66.74% tackle efficiency
team concedes 24.2
team scores 18.4

TMM over 9 rounds this season averages per game:
77.31% tackle efficiency
team concedes 17.7 points
team scored 29 points
+11.3

With TMM on the team instead of Niu, Broncos is a better side by around 17 points.

Tessi Niu over 10 rounds this season averages per game:
66.74% tackle efficiency
team concedes 24.2
team scores 18.4

TMM over 9 rounds this season averages per game:
77.31% tackle efficiency
team concedes 17.7 points
team scored 29 points
+11.3

With TMM on the team instead of Niu, Broncos is a better side by around 17 points.
Can we do a with and without Reynolds comparison?

Everyone putting words in people’s mouths. No one is saying TMM stops those plays. It’s just the easiest moments to highlight how poor his positioning is. If he’s in the right position and they score I have no issue.

That second try wasn’t a grubber and it was on the goal line defence. The defence were 15-20metres out and it was chipped over Tesi purely because they looked up and saw the fullback at a defender.

Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the game

Both the below were conceded tries but Tedesco has ran, following the play to either make an attempted tackle, or to shutdown the overlap (which Capewell dummied and broke through). Both were still tries but the positioning was great from the fullback. View attachment 19450View attachment 19451

Watch the highlights and see if you spot Tesi anywhere near the ball. He gives up on it as soon as it passes him.

You'll never convince me you'd settle with Tesi being there to make the tackle but then missing the tackle, or making an ineffective tackle.

I know how it works on this forum, people build a view and then will die by the sword trying to defend that view. Let's say Tesi hits the video this week and is positionally where he needs to be next week but misses those tackles in the same way Tedesco did, there would be the same people calling for his head. They were doing exactly that after he had one game back, it was a pretty good game too.

I have no doubt he is aware that he needs to be better and I am sure he's getting some feedback from people who are coaching him to be better but it's a not a flick of a switch, if it were a lack of effort I am sure he would be dropped instantly.

The issue is that niu has to find that ceiling in 4 weeks or it’s worthless to us with Walsh walking into the number 1 jersey next year (thank god). So in the next month Tesi needs to learn, not even perfect, how to defend at fb and organise the defensive line as well as how to execute basic attacking structures such as a sweep play. We all know about his defensive flaws, and he’s currently running around like a headless chook with the ball in the opp 20 so I don’t have much hope for his attack either.

If you think Walsh is any better than Tesi defensively, I look forward to reading the same bullet points about Walsh next season.

You'll never convince me you'd settle with Tesi being there to make the tackle but then missing the tackle, or making an ineffective tackle.

I know how it works on this forum, people build a view and then will die by the sword trying to defend that view. Let's say Tesi hits the video this week and is positionally where he needs to be next week but misses those tackles in the same way Tedesco did, there would be the same people calling for his head. They were doing exactly that after he had one game back, it was a pretty good game too.

I have no doubt he is aware that he needs to be better and I am sure he's getting some feedback from people who are coaching him to be better but it's a not a flick of a switch, if it were a lack of effort I am sure he would be dropped instantly.
I think I’m pretty good at giving credit when people/players improve. I’ve even said Tesi has improved in attack (though it was seemingly short lived). I’ve adjusted my view on Kev as he started improving selections (until yesterday) and bench rotation and as our structures improved.

I even say Kennedy has been good this season.

If Tesi was in the general vicinity of where his job requires him to be I’d still be critical because that’s not his only flaw but I’d be far less critical and would give him credit for at least having a dig. Much like I don’t blast Mam for conceding tries because he put his body in front and just didn’t have the size or experience to keep them out.

Turpin triggers me to but I don’t go on about it because he at least gets the basics of his job - he’s just slow at it.

Fair point....people had him in their top 3 for the game MVP

I thought he was off last week and this week even worse.

I don’t think I'm smarter than everyone else....its just my observation

Fair point....people had him in their top 3 for the game MVP

I thought he was off last week and this week even worse.

I don’t think I'm smarter than everyone else....its just my observation
i think the whole team is off atm to be fair and I'm not going to point fingers, just think some people are over the top with their criticism of him.

The dumbest thing niu did all game was right at the start when he caught a ball in the field of play when their was an opportunity to catch OT in goal for a 7 tackle set then he ran fucking BACK IN GOAL and conceded a line drop out!!@!

Worst game awareness I've seen outside pereria and some isaako stuff. So stupid! Put us on the back foot straight away and set the tone for the game. So so so so stupid...

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.