Tesi Niu

i think the whole team is off atm to be fair and I'm not going to point fingers, just think some people are over the top with their criticism of him.

You're right, they are well over the top. We could stop at "He hasn't got a brain" and just be done with it.

The dumbest thing niu did all game was right at the start when he caught a ball in the field of play when their was an opportunity to catch OT in goal for a 7 tackle set then he ran fucking BACK IN GOAL and conceded a line drop out!!@!

Worst game awareness I've seen outside pereria and some isaako stuff. So stupid! Put us on the back foot straight away and set the tone for the game. So so so so stupid...
Lol that was when I turned the game on... Terrible first thing to see...

Tesi is and always will be a complete failure

He sucks, he has always sucked. People have such short memories, he hit his 2 game purple patch and a bunch on here say he will fight Walsh for fullback, and now back to business as usual.
These are the sort of over-reactive posts that are so ridiculous.
He's an inexperienced kid FFS.
There's a middle ground between "He's the next Lockyer" and "He should never play again" you know.
100% TMM is the better option right now and should/must be picked next week, but that doesn't mean Tesi has no future. Play some Cup, work on his game. Maybe he gets better, maybe he doesn't. Nobody knows yet. Writing his career off now is sheer stupidity.

And just on @BooKhaki 's second point that a "bunch" of people think he will be fighting Walsh for FB. That's another massive over reach. A "bunch" of people? Really? I can think of 1. And everybody else knows he is wrong.

There's a middle ground between "He's the next Lockyer" and "He should never play again" you know.
100% TMM is the better option right now and should/must be picked next week, but that doesn't mean Tesi has no future. Play some Cup, work on his game. Maybe he gets better, maybe he doesn't. Nobody knows yet. Writing his career off now is sheer stupidity.

And just on @BooKhaki 's second point that a "bunch" of people think he will be fighting Walsh for FB. That's another massive over reach. A "bunch" of people? Really? I can think of 1. And everybody else knows he is wrong.
It's not a reactive post at all, my opinion on Niu hasn't changed. I didn't say his career is over, I said he sucks. There's plenty of blokes that suck who make it to 100 games in the NRL. Niu will be a career in and out of first grade player, until he goes to the UK.

I noticed several people saying Niu will fight it out with Walsh, not just one.

How's it an overreaction when these people have held these opinions for many months now. Everyone's had time to reflect, and most come back with generally the same opinion they first had.

Why is it ok for some people to be able to see potential in a player from what they do and talk them up, but when people see signs that a player is no good, including signs they don't believe can be trained, we aren't allowed to say he's shit?

Works both ways.

How's it an overreaction when these people have held these opinions for many months now. Everyone's had time to reflect, and most come back with generally the same opinion they first had.

Why is it ok for some people to be able to see potential in a player from what they do and talk them up, but when people see signs that a player is no good, including signs they don't believe can be trained, we aren't allowed to say he's shit?

Works both ways.
I saw that video of the young panthers player who is about to debut and all his family wishing him luck and talking about all he’s been through - and it made me feel for Tesi.

I’m not sure how to do it without just not commenting at all but I need to rethink how I approach criticising these young fellas who are trying to achieve their dreams. I obviously don’t think I have said anything inaccurate and I do try to avoid attacking character (eg calling players lazy etc) but I’m actually a fairly nice guy in the real world and would hate to put a young fella down.

Im as guilty as anyone but we might need to at least ease up on language like calling them shit or lazy etc.

Works both ways.
People suck

The dumbest thing niu did all game was right at the start when he caught a ball in the field of play when their was an opportunity to catch OT in goal for a 7 tackle set then he ran fucking BACK IN GOAL and conceded a line drop out!!@!

Worst game awareness I've seen outside pereria and some isaako stuff. So stupid! Put us on the back foot straight away and set the tone for the game. So so so so stupid...

Yeah !
Just like when Oates slipped A over T in the in goal . It rained before the game . Did you take that into consideration Guru ?

The instant TMM came into the team we were much better defensively.

The fact that we've been caught outnumbered massively on the edges so easily and consistently in the last few weeks tells me Tesi isn't doing his job at the back helping the guys number up in the front line.

The instant TMM came into the team we were much better defensively.

The fact that we've been caught outnumbered massively on the edges so easily and consistently in the last few weeks tells me Tesi isn't doing his job at the back helping the guys number up in the front line.

Adam Reynolds ?
247 games of NRL cant count numbers ? Hmmm I am the 3 rd man in and there are 6 opposition players lining up against me ? What should I do Tesi ??? FFS !!!

Got more to do with opposition coaches working out how to wreck the up and in rushing defence the Broncos were using . They are coming up and in and getting caught infield on quick PTBs .

Works both ways.
It does work both ways mate, you are right.
I think it is equally stupid to be calling someone the next immortal when they are 20.
Nothing wrong with saying someone has great potential and could be heading that way, and there's nothing wrong with being critical of a guy like Tesi, and saying he's not up to standard yet and he needs a lot of improvement.
But to write off the entire career of a 20 year old kid because he hasn't made it yet, is utter madness.
And just to be very clear, I'm not a Tesi supporter, he simply must be replaced by TMM next week, and I have no doubt Walsh will be the 1 ahead of him next year.
I'm just not down with saying a 20 year old can't improve.

I watched Walsh get either palmed off or run over 3 times for tries on his goal line yesterday .
You guys saying he is walk up start next year might be in for a shock I think .

He`s tough no doubt . But defending is not his strength .

I watched Walsh get either palmed off or run over 3 times for tries on his goal line yesterday .
You guys saying he is walk up start next year might be in for a shock I think .

He`s tough no doubt . But defending is not his strength .

Massive competition in the fullback department for him.

Walsh shits all over Tesi.

LOL , you seemed to miss what I posted .
I`ll repeat it for you ...

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.