Test Series vs KIWIS

We're not sure who our best bowlers are yet though.

As a batsman I'd be much happier facing right arm over all innings rather than having to change it up with a leftie.

Anyway it is an exciting time in Australian cricket.. Plenty of good young talent around the country.

We're not sure who our best bowlers are yet though.

As a batsman I'd be much happier facing right arm over all innings rather than having to change it up with a leftie.

Surely modern professional batsmen can handle a change of angle. I think having a right/left combination makes sense in juniors, but at this level unless your right/left bowlers are both #### hot then it won't make a difference.

And I'm not convinced Starc is #### hot.

Of course they can handle it. They are world class batsmen.

Obviously it would vary by batsmen but the difference in line, length and angle from right to left can be useful. It only takes one wrong foot placement and they can find themselves out.

Regardless - I think it's a useful thing to have. Particularly on a pitch like the Gabba.

Gimme Cutting.

No point trying to rationalise Starc's inclusion, just some NSW nuffy who poses as big a threat as Siddle but will get by because he's a lefty. Cutting has two years of Sheffield Shield on the board in which he dominated and unlike Copeland who preyed on s**tty batting Cutting earnt his wickets through sheer intimidation something the Australian pace has lacked in a long long time.

Ben Cutting 4 matches 23 wickets at an average of 14 with a strike rate of 33 and an economy rate of 2.6

Mitchell Starc 4 matches 15 wickets at an average of 31 with a strike rate of 47 and an economy rate of 4

This is what Cricket Australia sees

Mitchell Starc: NSW, Left-handed, Reasonable pace

Ben Cutting: Qld

They've picked the left arm ####! I hope he gets carted. I suspect he will do well though. Looks like shield form means #### all

Edit - you're right.

God damn it. Shows the benefits of being in the system.

Last edited:
It shows how little Shield form matters. Clarke can die dumb ####

At the end of the day these selections won't play a role in the NZ series. The Black Caps are hopeless. They cannot play cricket away from home - Bangladesh, anyone?

You'll begin to see the effects once India are out. We'll be stuck with Siddle and Starc living off faux credit 'earned' against a substandard opponent.

Pattinson is a superstar in the making. He's a long term international player.

I can see cutting being treated the same way as hayden

Starc and Pattinson both had mixed debuts. Jpatts sent them down better than the figures suggest - good luck to any bat who wants to drive the pitched up, swinging rock. Whilst Starc overcame the yips early on and troubled a few with the bounce and angles he was able to generate. Far too many 4 balls from both, though. Peter Poo was probably the pick of the pacemen however he again had problems maintaining a length.

Overall I thought the bowling lacked direction and consistency. All four seemed to bowl for themselves - for a wicket - rather than to any set plan. Starc had two gifts on debut. India's top 6 arent going to be spooning balls to point.

Starc got Johnson like wickets, I guess that is what the selectors were after. I'll be watching the Bulls online tomorrow instead of the test. The new selectors can sit on it. Lyon bowled quite well I thought. If Clarke didn't drop that sitter things could have been different IMO.

Wow 4/5 wickets were gifted doesn't bode well

Surely not it was superb bowling wasn't it??? They are running with the headline Starc Shines.... Massive gee up.

Did cutting get to join the Bulls? Silly wasting him as 12th man

Yeah mate already down there. Hopefully he destroys the Vic's to prove a point.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.