Test Series vs KIWIS

Boof and Hook. We have some coaches with awesome nicknames.

Vossy needs a better nickname.

Hahaha shut up :-P

Maybe a combination of Boof and Hook - Book, or Hoof????

Well you are an in idiot. Cutting bowls on the Gabba every 2nd game and has an exceptional record at the Gabba. Plus he can bat and isn't from NSW. He also doesn't have Acne scarring all over his face. :ranting:

Whilst I am aware of Cutting's record at home - you really shouldn't be calling anyone an idiot. Hypocrisy will get you no where.

I'm sure the selectors will factor his acne scars in when making their decision. :shake:

I really don't think you are aware.

Last edited:
Don't you know clintos, acne scars don't let you swing the ball as well

Copeland should be playing. Given Watto is missing I thought his ability to bowl long, economical spells would have ensured he be first picked.

Starc and Pattinson are chosen ones. Culture dictates they will be picked, and whilst they may have promoted some ahead of their time, the powers that be haven't got too many wrong. This will be a real test of the new panel and whether anyone has bothered to peruse the Argus review.

Starc has taken wickets this summer, however he's seriously been lacking in quality. His supporters point out he took 10 wickets at the 'Gabba a few weeks back, however ~7 of those wickets were tailenders. From what I saw of him in the Shield game he really didn't threaten the bats.

Pattinson I have a huge opinion of. I had him as the best young quick in the country before Cummins imposed himself. Even now I don't have him very far behind. In fairness he is probably the least deserving of the lot - has barely played any cricket and has the least impressive figures this summer.

I have Starc a clear third in the pecking order, however the last few years have me worried they'll play him purely because he's a southpaw.

Has anyone been watching Hazelwood from NSW??? Now that kid is the future, very much in the McGrath mould IMO. Absolute gun, if fit I expect him to be in and around the Australian squad.

Starc will get picked because he offers variation.

An attack with Cutting, Pattinson and Siddle is a tad one dimensional - particularly with no Watson.

It will come down to Pattinson or Cutting and I'd prefer Pattinson out of the two.

Like I said earlier though - the selectors SHOULD leave out Siddle but they won't.

Variation served us well in the golden years.. We always had a left armer in the side... Oh wait...

I agree that they will pick Starc due to the leftardedness. It will be a shame but I hope he does well.

Peter Siddle - 16 wickets at 75 in his last 7 tests - our pace spearhead.

Hazelwood's been sound since his return. He's missed a lot of cricket. Certainly won't be pushing for higher honours this summer.

I cannot emphasise enough how little I rate Siddle (at all) or Starc (this summer). Will be shocked if either of them make any sort of impact in test cricket. Peter Poo is simply not international standard, whilst Starc needs some more cricket under his belt and is arguably best with the white ball.

Last edited:
Yep Hazelwood is a while off but I love the look of him.

Variation served us well in the golden years.. We always had a left armer in the side... Oh wait...

I agree that they will pick Starc due to the leftardedness. It will be a shame but I hope he does well.

That's not a fair comparison. We had seriously elite fast bowlers in the 'golden years'. McGrath, McDermott, Lillee, Gillespie, Kasper, Bichel, Lee etc plus Warne. When you have players like that you dont need to worry about variation.

These days we need it until some of these young guys come through and develop.

Last edited:
South Africa and South Africa A also don't have much variety in their attacks... You pick your best bowlers variation shouldn't even come into it.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Painin the Haas
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.