Test Series vs KIWIS

The end for Hughes I feel

Australia just wins this test match.

1/19

Marsh or Watson but they are still injured.

So he gets another chance and based on Australian cricket last chances he'll score a big one

So he gets another chance and based on Australian cricket last chances he'll score a big one

Well if they really want him gone they can have something like this for the Hobart test..

Warner
Khawaja
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Christian
Haddin

Really disappointed with the bowling in Brisbane. Save for Patterson in patches and Lyon (isn't he a find?) I thought we were quite poor. Siddle wasted the new ball on all occasions, whilst both he and Starc struggled for sort of consistency. All the quick's were unable to build pressure or bowl to any real plan - India would have knocked up 500. As I was bleating on about earlier last week, Starc should never have been picked. Though it looks like he's going to get a second chance in Hobart. Looked a perfect time to re-introduce Hilfy into the attack. He's a like for like (experience wise) replacement for Siddle. Importantly however, I'd be really excited to see him given a licence to pitch up the swinging rock.

A real concern for the selectors is what to do with the older ball. Pattinson is great with the new rock, however in his following spells if he can't blast you out in his first 2 overs he doesn't really have a plan b. Clarkey has been able to compensate as best as he can with constant bowling change ups and some shrewd field placements, however that won't work against India.

Australia are going to have to bowl a lot of overs on the flat tracks of Melbourne and Adelaide. Copeland certainly must be considered to ensure the young guns aren't over bowled.

Same squad named except Dan Christian in for Cutting.

The Australian squad is:
Michael Clarke (captain)
Brad Haddin (vice-captain)
Dan Christian
Phil Hughes
Mike Hussey
Usman Khawaja
Nathan Lyon
James Pattinson
Ricky Ponting
Peter Siddle
Mitchell Starc
David Warner

I hope they pick Christian to play. Clarke needs another bowler to throw the ball to on the flat Bellrieve track. I am so pissed off Cutting is injured.

The Cutting situation just sucks.

Guy over-trains to get selected on his home soil, to be looked over for a mediocre bowler who performed marginally better in some tour match on a batters paradise and now he's on the sidelines for two months with nothing to show for it.

Christian's an interesting one. Not good enough to be picked as either a batsman or a bowler. The only justification I can give for his selection is that Watson IS moving down the order and they want to stabilize the side and have a fill in before he returns. Geeze I'm worried about the Indian series. If Queensland can chase 400 on a 4th day pitch at the MCG, how are we going to bowl out India?

We almost chased down 400 ;)

We have a half fit Harris and a fragile Watson to rely on. I'm glad hussey is taking wickets lol

Joe Burns in the runs again, he has overtaken Lynn this year as the bulls best young batsmen. Pete Forrest has been a superb but for the bulls.

Bodes well for the Bulls. Injuries haven't been kind to Lynn this season and he's yet to settle in but when he does it could be just the boost we need to claim another prized Shield.

With Stevens coming along we could have a killer middle order. Just a shame we can't find any openers. Australian cricket would die for a good opener right now.

I've played a bit against both Lynn and Burns and they're both quite different batsmen.

Burns is quite classical, a trait which no doubt hampered his early development. He has a wide range of shots and is very good at rotating the strike - its hard to pin him down. However, he's quite immature mentally in terms of cricket.

Lynny on the other hand is the typical batsman of his generation. He can be quite damaging and unorthodox at times - I've seen him pull apart any number of grade attacks. He's showed a maturity I thought he didn't have in stepping up to first class cricket. He really values his wicket. Gone are the days of throwing away an innings with poor or lazy shots. The Bulls have also invested heavily in him - he's already being groomed as a future skipper. Can schnick off early and relies quite heavily on his ability to punish bad balls.

I have Lynn quite clearly in front at this stage. He'd be a marked man this year and it wouldn't surprise me if teams have figured him out a little - always the next challenge for any established youngster. Now Burns is in the set up it wouldn't surprise me if he continues to improve. He doesn't have the experience of the IPL or dozens of development tours that Lynn has.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • mrtij
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.