Test Series vs KIWIS

Kiwis have not beaten us for over 25 years. They have some decent batsmen but they rarely perform against us. They need some quality openers a d a quality strike bowler ala Shane bond

I think it was around the time Richard Hadlee retired...

But even since then, the era of Fleming, Cairns, Harris etc at least they were competitive. I used to really look forward to us playing against the Kiwis. Now it's just crap.

Talking about crap... Perfect word to describe Mitchell Starc and his bowling..

Hughes gone.

Guess how!

Hopefully he is gonna spend some time in NSW team & learn how to keep his bat straight.

Some of the limerick's on cricinfo are classic. I like this one:
"There was a young batsman named Hughes, what to leave he did struggle to choose. Now he's in a deep trough, playing well outside off, and I think that his test spot he'll lose."

Bye bye Hughes, found myself waiting for home to get out.

Watson in at 6 khwaja to open and marsh in for punter when he goes.

Starc is Johnson 2.0 getting wickets on rubbish balls.

Harris, pattinson and Cummings will be deadly

Totally different dismissal today. That was the shot of a confused man, down on confidence. A nothing shot really - a tentative prod away from his body with the face open.

Sounds like Watson will be coming back into the side as a batsmen only. He will problem open if that is the case. We definitely need an all rounder in the side ASAP to help manage the workload of our young quicks and give our team balance.

Funny as Watson has admitted he needs to move down the order

Funny as Watson has admitted he needs to move down the order

H won't move down the order until Punter or Hussey go. I think he is better suited to 4 as opposed to 6 as well.

Bye bye Hughes, found myself waiting for home to get out.

Watson in at 6 khwaja to open and marsh in for punter when he goes.

Starc is Johnson 2.0 getting wickets on rubbish balls.

Harris, pattinson and Cummings will be deadly

I think if Pattinson and Siddle keep taking wickets then Harris won't get a look in. They'd rather punt on Siddle, who's relatively more injury resistant, and the youth of Cummins than mid-30s ticking time bomb Harris (which is a mega shame, Harris is a great bowler).

I'm still baffled with how far Copeland's fallen down the pecking order despite 2 very good Tests in Sri Lanka.

I'm still baffled with how far Copeland's fallen down the pecking order despite 2 very good Tests in Sri Lanka.

The new selectors have told Copeland to get another yard of pace and he will be back in the reckoning apparently. He is very very slow and hasn't taken many wickets in first class cricket in a fair while.

The new selectors have told Copeland to get another yard of pace and he will be back in the reckoning apparently. He is very very slow and hasn't taken many wickets in first class cricket in a fair while.

I think speed is overrated. It's about a variety of movement and pace. If he can develop some swing to go with his seam movement he'll cause plenty of grief, even bowling around the 130 mark.

I think speed is overrated. It's about a variety of movement and pace. If he can develop some swing to go with his seam movement he'll cause plenty of grief, even bowling around the 130 mark.

Can you see Copeland troubling the likes of Sehwag and Tendulkar?? I can't. He rarely hits 130mark, most of his bowling 125 at best in Sri Lanka. I do think he will play test cricket again.

McGrath only bowled 125 - 130 towards the end of his career and arguably did less with the ball than what Copeland does...

The selectors have shown their hand with the selection of Christian. It seems Watson will be returning in the middle to lower order. I'd tentatively guess 4 as he is not the best player of spin. I think they were very close to playing Dan, had it have been in Melbourne or Adelaide I've no doubt he would have got his first baggy green.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • heartly87
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • whykickamoocow
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.