OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

So glad to see Vonny so disappointed about this. About time she showed her heart on the show.

Did she really? What did you say? I am so used to her being over the top excited about stuff that isn't exciting.

I don't really mind him going to the Dogs, but this whole Penrith thing reallly stinks. It's just another example of the NRL being perfectly happy for the bottom teams to suffer if it means the top teams benefit. Never let it be said that the NRL doesn't play favorites, because they fucking do.
The club allowed it. No use crying about it, we aren’t playing finals and someone at the club obviously think whatever we get out of it is worth while.

Did she really? What did you say? I am so used to her being over the top excited about stuff that isn't exciting.

The rich robbing from the poor was her argument more or less, which is basically my point of view as well. If it gives us salary cap relief to make signings that we need than there isn't much room for whining from us, I just cannot believe the NRL just allow this sort of perception to develop; that they're perfectly willing to allow a team at the bottom of the ladder to enrich a premiership contender whenever that top side sees fit. It really is a horrible look for them, and it's set a precedent now.

She was quite morose saying that it’s so disappointing for the fans that he can go from a struggling team to a contender, how the fans have nothing to cheer for and one of their good players moves on like this. How it doesn’t pass the pub test etc etc. she actually looked depressed.

Good luck mate. Sorry it didn’t work out. At least you know where you’re heading.

The club allowed it. No use crying about it, we aren’t playing finals and someone at the club obviously think whatever we get out of it is worth while.

Yeah I tend to agree with you, the club didn't have to release him this year, not much monetary gain, but clearly there is some other benefit the club thought it was worthwhile.

He has been sniffing around for more $'s ever since Big Dave cashed in, I think its pretty clear he isn't a good influence on the rest of the squad.

Someone on Twitter said it best. If you can pro rata salary then you should be pro rata-ing their points value and if so, Penrith now over the cap (pro rata)

just because JFH is having some games off for his baby doesn’t make Penrith stop paying him

Officially gone.
Apparently we are paying half his wage whilst at penriff and 250k to the dogs for next year.
Imagine us being able to get a quality player from another club and have that club chip in 1/3 of his wage. It’ll just never happen..
When’s this club going to stand for something and stop getting walked all over by other clubs? And before anyone comes out and says we will be front ending deals, if that is the case Ikin or DD should be telling its members/fans what this money is going towards.
It just seems crazy that we are still paying wages of:
Bird
Offa
Lodge
TPJ
Macca
And potentially Milford
Whilst we dwindle at the bottom of the ladder and these blokes run out for other teams, roll us, and still collect their pay cheque from the Broncos.
It’s beyond laughable.
Or, you don't have a clue what the financial arrangements are and may be working yourself into a lather over very little. I'd say it's unlikely we'd be doing these deals if it didn't benefit the club in some way.

Or, you don't have a clue what the financial arrangements are and may be working yourself into a lather over very little. I'd say it's unlikely we'd be doing these deals if it didn't benefit the club in some way.

Oh yeah because the club definitely don't have a reputation for exactly that already. How much dosh are we sending St George's way to have our outcasts play far better for them than they do us?

The rich robbing from the poor was her argument more or less, which is basically my point of view as well. If it gives us salary cap relief to make signings that we need than there isn't much room for whining from us, I just cannot believe the NRL just allow this sort of perception to develop; that they're perfectly willing to allow a team at the bottom of the ladder to enrich a premiership contender whenever that top side sees fit. It really is a horrible look for them, and it's set a precedent now.

He's (manager most likely) orchestrated a master stroke here, it is actually impressive.

But regardless of all of the shenanigans behind him being booted out, the reality is, forget all the pro rata rubbish, Penrith is essentially now 650-800k (depending on which 'reports' you go on) over the cap with the BLESSING OF THE NRL! This is absolutely disgraceful.

Again, with this stupidity, the Storm will pipe up and say, why the heck did you take our premierships off us? How is this different?

And you know what...they are absolutely right. Absolute farce.

So does he play against us on this weekend.

If he is, I hope Haas runs at him all night. I would love to see TPJ put himself in a position to be suspended again just to see what the NRL do now that he's playing for a Sydney club.

The precedent was already set with Gasnier and SBW.

I agree though. We lose one of our top 3 players with no actual replacement (yet) and the premiership contenders get him because...sniff sniff 😭🥺 they will miss their best prop for a couple of weeks.. Cry me a river for ***** sake you Westie flannel-wearing *****. Come back to me when your best player gets a 4 week holiday for threatening to jab a female cop..

It's like Coates who - at the time - was one of our shining lights and an origin player, signing with the poor premiers who, sniff sniff, were losing their international winger. **** the Storm, **** the Panthers, **** the NRL.

Next time he plays a Suncorp, I hope fans throw wooden spoons at him.

Oh yeah because the club definitely don't have a reputation for exactly that already. How much dosh are we sending St George's way to have our outcasts play far better for them than they do us?
Reputations over time change. Feel somethings are going our way a tad.

Don't know. Do you know? Precisely?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.