OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

Under nrl rules you could theoretically do a Monty burns & sign up half the comps marquee players and pay them match fees for the finals.

Officially gone.
Apparently we are paying half his wage whilst at penriff and 250k to the dogs for next year.
Imagine us being able to get a quality player from another club and have that club chip in 1/3 of his wage. It’ll just never happen..
When’s this club going to stand for something and stop getting walked all over by other clubs? And before anyone comes out and says we will be front ending deals, if that is the case Ikin or DD should be telling its members/fans what this money is going towards.
It just seems crazy that we are still paying wages of:
Bird
Offa
Lodge
TPJ
Macca
And potentially Milford
Whilst we dwindle at the bottom of the ladder and these blokes run out for other teams, roll us, and still collect their pay cheque from the Broncos.
It’s beyond laughable.
Worse before better

I just don’t understand why we are having to pay anything both at the dogs and for him to go to Penrith? Why would we do this? What do we get out of it? I don’t understand why we are not provided with answers.

It’s a bs rule that allows him to play for the panthers this year. If he were playing there next year I wouldn’t have an Issue but a less than half year contract…..c’mon, this stinks to high heaven.

Has to be for a reason, I can't imagine DD or ikin doing it for no reward.
Well they should make it clear. I am big supporters of them but I am sick of the club treating the fans like arseholes.

Well they should make it clear. I am big supporters of them but I am sick of the club treating the fans like arseholes.
They have made it clear. They’re trying to rebalance the cap. TPJ isn’t in our future so any money they can get for him on the way out they’ll take.

What if it frees up 100k this year by him going to the Panthers? That’s 100k potentially to chip away at Lodges contract. Worthwhile.

These guys would be on 45c/dollar tax rate. Unless they take on tax obligations themselves as a contractor and funnel through a structure.
Do players do this? Surely there’s a more tax effective way than just bending over and giving half your money to the tax man

And I thought only the NBA allowed "super-teams" and this free agency BS!

One of Penrith and Melbourne are going to score 100 in a single match shortly...this shit is going to get out of hand :raaage:

I’m actually surprised the NRL hasn’t waived the remainder of his suspension and approved an exemption for him not being named in the Panthers 21 on Tuesday just so that he can play against us this week.

I suppose there is always time when you simply make the rules up as you go.

This is such a bad look for the game to allow the idiot to go to Penrith. I’d be filthy if I was a supporter of a contender, this makes a total mockery of the salary cap and I guess mercenarism is now a legit rewardable thing.

I just can’t get my head around how this can be allowed, just like SBW, it is not in the spirit of fairness or the salary cap at all. I hate this sport now and I don’t know if I can get my love for it back even if we are good again.

This is such a bad look for the game to allow the idiot to go to Penrith. I’d be filth if I was a supporter of a contender, this makes a total mockery of the salary cap and I guess mercenarism is now a legit rewardable thing.

I just can’t get my head around how this can be allowed, just like SBW, it is not in the spirit of fairness or the salary cap at all. I hate this sport now and I don’t know if I can my love for it back even if we are good again.

how would you feel if you're the player that gets dropped for TPJ after helping get the Panthers into the position they're in...

how would you feel if you're the player that gets dropped for TPJ after helping get the Panthers into the position they're in...

If he stars in the GF, do you think anyone other than that player is going to care?

This competition is legit not even trying to be fair anymore and as I’ve mentioned previously, kudos to the open unfairness and corruption. This farce though is not the direction I want this sport to go in.

Wasnt it to cover for one of there players that may have to leave the bubble for the birth of his kid,i think james fisher harris?

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • lynx000
  • Muros
  • GCBRONCO
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.