The Ashes 2010-2011

Hopefully Hussey and Haddin can make a stand, I need the game to go till at least Sunday arvo cause I just scored free box tickets :mrgreen:

Haddin better get a good score, otherwise why the **** was he selected?

Well we've had a good look at our batting and bowling now and it seems not too much has changed in terms of how the team's going. Every Test it's just collapse after collapse and we've blown many good opportunities to take the game away from the opposition in the process. It really was all set up for us until midway through the first session.

Barring a match winning innings in the second dig, I reckon North's career will be over. His last hundred saved him but again he's shown what a hit and miss act he is. Only 3 of his last 20-odd innings have been over 21. Many under 10. Always fails under pressure.

Our problems with the batting order clearly haven't been addressed, and the selectors really have grow a pair and drop him now. They've got nothing to fall back on anymore.

Smith in for North in Adelaide, purely as a batsmen/good fielder who bowls a bit.

I reckon a 150 run lead (score of 410) would've been great, but I'd easily take a 50-run lead now if we can get there.

Clarke shouldn't have played... Physio should have had the nuts to tell Clarke that. North will be safe because odds are Clarke won't play in Adelaide. Funny how the two blokes who copped the most criticism have been our best performed so far.

Hope not. I'd bring Khawaja in as a straight swap for Clarke. They're both number 4's and I reckon Adelaide would be the best place for a player like Usman to debut - flat and not overly quick.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Hope not. I'd bring Khawaja in as a straight swap for Clarke. They're both number 4's and I reckon Adelaide would be the best place for a player like Usman to debut - flat and not overly quick.

I agree but Ferguson is from the South Australia and Steve Smith would be very handy on a 5th day wicket over there. [icon_shru

My old man is at the game today, and he's been blown away by Hussey's performance. Wish I was there too, you really lose something listening on the radio.

Good to see Hussey play a good innings.

It's not like this kind of performance was ever out of Hussey's reach, he just needed a kick up the arse.

Still have my doubts about North though.

Big Pete said:
It's not like this kind of performance was ever out of Hussey's reach, he just needed a kick up the arse.

Still have my doubts about North though.
True.
True.

I really hope Ponting has a big 2nd innings - I thought he captained really well in the field yesterday.

Same, at this stage though I just hope Hussey racks up a big score, Haddin finds away not to get out and maybe pick up a few runs and Johnson to put in one of his innings turning specials.

One can dream right?

Big Pete said:
Same, at this stage though I just hope Hussey racks up a big score, Haddin finds away not to get out and maybe pick up a few runs and Johnson to put in one of his innings turning specials.

One can dream right?
Well, it's not unprecedented..... icon_thumbs_u

Im happy with Hussey smacking Swann around the park.

Bye North!! Hope they put smith in as we need a leggie

Hussey is batting with a better mindset, looking to score runs rather than just survive like he has been for the last 2 years. Full credit to him, I still hope this is his last test series.

Can't see Huss around too much longer, but credit to him and it reminds all the doomsayers he was well and truly capable of such an innings.

Big Pete said:
Can't see Huss around too much longer, but credit to him and it reminds all the doomsayers he was well and truly capable of such an innings.

we all knew he was capable of it, the problem was he wasn't doing it.

Yes, but some of the carry on was fairly unnecessary.

Never the less it's good to see now and I hope this is just a sign of things to come.

Big Pete said:
Yes, but some of the carry on was fairly unnecessary.

Never the less it's good to see now and I hope this is just a sign of things to come.

really?? 2 years of pathetic form and at the age of 35. The writing was on the wall but full credit to Hussey for turning back the clock.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.