The Ashes 2010-2011

If those changes are made, another problem is that it gives us a very long tail with Doherty, Harris, Siddle & the Rug. England's last 4 sh!t all over that lot

Beachy said:
If those changes are made, another problem is that it gives us a very long tail with Doherty, Harris, Siddle & the Rug. England's last 4 sh!t all over that lot

Harris can bat.

Harris can bat very very well. Our tail.is long though. Should never have dropped hauritz tbh.

I'll be very disappointed if Hilfy is dropped. They give everyone else about 300 chances, but Hilfy just gets fucked off like that.

Useless bastards.

Amen Ning. That's how Aussie Cricket works at the moment unfortunately and probably will for a while to come.

Re: the tail. Yeah, England's is pretty darn good and ours usually is too, so we need to watch that and restrict them like we did in Brissy.

But I agree with Beads about Haury's batting as well. I hated watching his straight breaks and wasn't keen on him in the team for that reason, but in our current situation, a spinner who can bat well is something we need.

Instead of hoping the next Warne will come along soon, we need to except that the spin department is a weakness, adjust accordingly and play someone who has the potential to be a solid bowler at Test level but can also handle a bat quite well. Otherwise, there's no point in having a spinner for the sake of it, especially on mainly pace-friendly pitches (worked OK in RSA).

Krejza was my first choice when the big changes started to come in, but now, taking a punt on youth, I'd prefer O'Keefe as a spinning all-rounder until a real spinner who'll take wickets makes himself known.

We'll see how X goes for now though - he doesn't seem to be too bad with the bat and he's certainly no Peter George thank f**k.

Hauritz takes a 5-for and bowls his state to victory, takes a good amount of wickets over the last year at 34 in tests (which is good for a non-pegging offie) and gets humiliatingly dropped and replaced by a 49 average bum from Tasmania who has done nothing to justify a selection in the national team in the long form of the game. This will go down as one of the most disgusting decisions in the history of Australian test cricket.

I don't rate Hauritz at all. His only 5-for's came against Pakistan, which one match was proven to be fixed, the other one could well have been as well.

Jeba said:
I don't rate Hauritz at all. His only 5-for's came against Pakistan, which one match was proven to be fixed, the other one could well have been as well.

I wasn't aware that the test match in Sydney last year was proven to be fixed.. Sad reality is Hauritz did quite well for Australia when he played for us but got shafted for someone who is nowhere near as good as he is.

The Brizz said:
Hauritz takes a 5-for and bowls his state to victory, takes a good amount of wickets over the last year at 34 in tests (which is good for a non-pegging offie) and gets humiliatingly dropped and replaced by a 49 average bum from Tasmania who has done nothing to justify a selection in the national team in the long form of the game. This will go down as one of the most disgusting decisions in the history of Australian test cricket.

The dropping of Phil Hughes is certainly up there, he averages 50 with the bat in test cricket.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Brizz":6xmd2yy8]Hauritz takes a 5-for and bowls his state to victory, takes a good amount of wickets over the last year at 34 in tests (which is good for a non-pegging offie) and gets humiliatingly dropped and replaced by a 49 average bum from Tasmania who has done nothing to justify a selection in the national team in the long form of the game. This will go down as one of the most disgusting decisions in the history of Australian test cricket.

The dropping of Phil Hughes is certainly up there, he averages 50 with the bat in test cricket.[/quote:6xmd2yy8]

At least there was a reason for dropping Hughes (even if it wasn't handled well) because he did have some big technical issues which he will hopefully iron out. Hauritz just got shafted for a worse left arm version of himself when all he did wrong was bowl crap in India which every Australian spinner besides Colin Miller in recent times has done.

Not sure Hauritz would've done much more on the Gabba pitch though. Willing to give Doherty a couple more chances, obviously though the jury is still out.

The Brizz said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":wtbg8cng][quote="The Brizz":wtbg8cng]Hauritz takes a 5-for and bowls his state to victory, takes a good amount of wickets over the last year at 34 in tests (which is good for a non-pegging offie) and gets humiliatingly dropped and replaced by a 49 average bum from Tasmania who has done nothing to justify a selection in the national team in the long form of the game. This will go down as one of the most disgusting decisions in the history of Australian test cricket.

The dropping of Phil Hughes is certainly up there, he averages 50 with the bat in test cricket.[/quote:wtbg8cng]

At least there was a reason for dropping Hughes (even if it wasn't handled well) because he did have some big technical issues which he will hopefully iron out. Hauritz just got shafted for a worse left arm version of himself when all he did wrong was bowl crap in India which every Australian spinner besides Colin Miller in recent times has done.[/quote:wtbg8cng]

This is true both selections are a joke, I still think Hughes would have benefited more from staying in the team than being dropped. Especially when we had been carrying Hussey in the middle order for over a year. Hauritz will hopefully find himself back in the team soon, possibly if we lose in Adelaide.

Jeba said:
Not sure Hauritz would've done much more on the Gabba pitch though. Willing to give Doherty a couple more chances, obviously though the jury is still out.

Well Hauritz is a better bowler so you would expect to at least match Dohertys performance if not beat it. Don't forget Hauritz can also bat and has performed on Australian pitches before even if some results are skeptical.

The Brizz said:
which every Australian spinner besides Colin Miller in recent times has done.

FMD, there is a blast from the past! [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong said:
The Brizz said:
which every Australian spinner besides Colin Miller in recent times has done.

FMD, there is a blast from the past! [icon_lol1.

Ladies and gentlemen your 2001 Test player of the year icon_thumbs_u
aaaaaaaaaaColinMiller_2341078.jpg

Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:

Well Hauritz is a better bowler so you would expect to at least match Dohertys performance if not beat it. Don't forget Hauritz can also bat and has performed on Australian pitches before even if some results are skeptical.

Yes not denying that, our selectors always get so excited when a spinner takes a few wickets in a meaningless ODI game. Personally I didn't agree with the selectors going with Doherty either, but am willing to see what he can do on a pitch that has SOMETHING in it for the bowlers against the Poms.

And while I am obsessed with picking teams that are no realistic hope of being selected, I think they should think about giving Hughes another shot, and moving Watson down the order so that he can do a bit more bowling. He is bowling quite well at the moment and could prove very very handy in that department, but it's too much work for him being an opener. Hughes should never have been dropped in the first place, and Watson is an obvious replacement for North who is shit.

1. Hughes
2. Katich
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Hussey
6. Watson
7. Haddin
8. Hauritz/Smith/O'Keefe/Doherty
9. Harris
10. Hilfenhaus
11. Bollinger

But like I said, won't happen!

Rumours are that Johnson has been dropped and Hilfenhaus is also likely to be dropped. If Hilfy is dropped it is harsh but I feel Harris and Bollinger are more likely wicket takers than Hilfy. I'd prefer Siddle to go but he is coming off a 6 wicket haul + hattrick

Agreed beads, you can't drop somebody on that kind of performance and hopefully for his sake it wasn't a one off.

Happy to see both come in, feel a little sorry for Hilfy but if there are better options you've got to take them.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • MasterWright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • lakers133334
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.