Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Another drop. Bloody difficult though.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Holy shit, these Mitsubishi ads are doing my head in.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
W don't even look like getting a wicket.... [icon_ee

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Harris and Bollinger are musts for Adelaide.

Don't know how they are both getting in the team but I do agree with you...

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well they won't Beads, but they should IMO.

Siddle is confirming my fears that his career best day the other day was just that, a one off. Not just figures-wise, but the way he bowled. Today, he's gone back to exactly what makes him such a woeful, shytehouse bowler at Test level.

But he won't be dropped, he'll be there for years to come. In a perfect world though, our best fast bowler comes straight back in for him.

Harris can replace Johnson and open with Bollinger, pushing Hilfy to first change to take the pressure off him a bit and see if he has a change of fortune with regards to wickets.

They'll persist with Doherty and probably fair enough too, however I prefered O'Keefe prior to this match and I still do. O'Keefe's batting negates any potential problem with a long tail as well.

My ideal team for Adelaide would be:

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Clarke/Khawaja (pending any injury)
Hussey
Smith
Haddin
O'Keefe
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

The likely scenario though will probably be no changes.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I love your team JW, that would give the poms a shake that is for sure. Clarke should be fit he has moved pretty well today in the field I thought.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Siddle is confirming my fears that his career best day the other day was just that, a one off. Not just figures-wise, but the way he bowled. Today, he's gone back to exactly what makes him such a woeful, shytehouse bowler at Test level.

I agree 1000%. His spell the other day was breathtaking but I doubt we will see it again, or at least for a long time.

Our bowling attack as it stands at the moment has no hope of taking 20 wickets in a match on a pitch like that, or even anything that slightly favours the batsmen. Only Hilfenhaus is showing any variation at all, albeit he isn't taking any wickets.

Bollinger would offer so much more than Siddle or Johnson are currently offering, and I'd even go so far as to drop both Siddle and Johnson for Bollinger and Harris (who took 4/21 from 21 overs against the Vics in the match currently in progress). Obviously though, Siddle won't be dropped.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
[eusa_doh

England should declare....they will probably win, we've been so demoralised.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So the grandstand commentators were speechless with that Clarke dropped catch. How bad was it?

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
How many lives do they want to give these blokes?

Pup drops an absolute sitter. Looks like he doesn't give a toss either, just wants to go home.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
So the grandstand commentators were speechless with that Clarke dropped catch. How bad was it?

Picture U/14s slips training and the coach is gently gliding them off the edge to 2nd slip at waist height or thereabouts. Manu Vatuvei would've eaten it up for breakfast.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
mrslong said:

Picture U/14s slips training and the coach is gently gliding them off the edge to 2nd slip at waist height or thereabouts. Manu Vatuvei would've eaten it up for breakfast.
Grrr.

The bowlers are bad enough without having the fielders wreck their chances. Isn't that 2 drops for Pup this innings? [icon_non

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It is mrslong, but to be fair the first drop was a bit unlucky and would've been a screamer if it stuck. It popped out when his hand hit the ground. But that last one was unforgivable really.

Interesting stats that have just been mentioned on Mitch too - in his last 10 Tests he's taken 11 poles, averaged 56 and striking at over 90. It's also been 70 overs now since he's taken his last wicket.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Lol, clarke should not even be in slip. What the are these clowns doing.

Unread

Active Now

• Seibs
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • marw
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.