The Ashes 2010-2011

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Poms looking comfortable at the moment.

Johnson dropped a catch he really should have taken.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I've only been able to watch bits of today's play. Is our usual third innings dribble or are Strauss and Cook batting well?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fozz said:
I've only been able to watch bits of today's play. Is our usual third innings dribble or are Strauss and Cook batting well?

from what I have seen, the wicket has really flattened out and Strauss and Cook have batted well. It seems the Aussies have no plans and Johnson dropped a sitter.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Only an Aussie-like collapse can prevent a draw or an unlikely but increasingly possible English victory now. Well batted by these two, particularly Strauss.

Everything's gone back to normal. Punter having no idea with his fields or his captaincy in general, Mitch throwing pies and dropping catches, Siddle back to his half track garbage and Australia choking on yet another winning position.

Hopefully someone can collect a few quick wickets and soon.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
If Ponting could set a field his bowlers could bowl to would help.

Im sick of seeing easy leg side singles, chuck in a square leg ffs

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Captaincy has been pathetic in my view, fielders have been too deep giving poms easy singles to often. Hilfy has been the best quick, Siddle is back to his usual and Johnson is finished IMO, a long stint in a mental home for him.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The fact that Punter hasn't turned to one of his main pets should send alarm bells ringing in Johnson's head regarding his place in the team. Barring a 5-for over the next two days, it seems almost certain now that he's toast.

At least North knows how to save himself when his arse is on the line in the minds of the selectors, lol.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
The fact that Punter hasn't turned to one of his main pets should send alarm bells ringing in Johnson's head regarding his place in the team.

yeah it should, I'd be happy to get dropped if I get to go to Perth and throw one in Jessica wouldn't you???

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well, North gets a wicket.

Just saved himself for another Test in eyes of the selectors, lol.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ponting has shown in the last 12 months that he's tactically woeful. The number of times Australia has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory is remarkable. Completely inept at capitalizing on winning positions.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'll be happy with the draw from this point, I fear our batsmen on a 5th day pitch I really do.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
well isn't Johnson having a poor test, 0 wickets for a heap of runs, a duck while batting and a dropped catch [icon_non

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I reckon they should throw this new ball to Mitch. Tried everything else, so nothing to lose IMO.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
And Siddle back to bowling his right-arm fast poo.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Siddle backing up his first innings performance...

Active Now

• Strop
  • Old Mate
  • Sproj
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.