The Ashes 2010-2011

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It's easy to mouth off about the opposition when you support as many teams as Tony does.

If the Poms start to head south in this game, he'll simply morph back into a Saffa... Oh, hang on, too many Saffas already out on the field at the moment - make that a Sri Lankan.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I have been sick of Greig for a while, I wish they would get rid of him. He plays musical teams every summer FFS. Poor dropped catch from hussey, he hardly got a hand to it so that was weird.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1 slip in the 16th over for Watson, pure madness IMO.

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
Cricket world has now turned completely ... we are now officially England. Dropping simple catches, batting collapses on pitches that are like M1 & chopping and changing the makeup of the side. God help us

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
These wide calls for good bouncers are a friggen joke. Even the Ump didn't have the cods to call that second one, and it was exactly the same delivery. You can rule on that crap in hit and giggle, but leave Test Cricket alone you muppets.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I'm ready to call it. England 3-0 we are mentally weak this series and have become the cronulla sharks of the cricket world

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It will take some massive fight to get a draw out of this match for the Aussies that is for sure. I think the Poms just want it more and are a better team. The talent itself is reasonably even apart from the spin options but all the Poms are in form while the Aussies have no number 1 bowler and only Hussey, Watson and Haddin really contributing.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I believe this game just shows what can happen if you take your chances.

Trott takes that magnificent run out and Ponting/Clarke are rushed out much quicker than they thought they'd be out there. Suddenly we're three down for bugger all and we're playing a totally different game plan.

On the other hand, Australia miss out on two opportunities early and England are able to settle themselves and play the exact game they'd hope to play.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That plus Australia's bowling attack is popgun, and the batting line up, particularly the middle order, is brittle and mentally weak.

Clarke is a shadow and North is a never was. Thank **** Hussey found form, it's the only positive out of the first 7 days of this series.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Poms bowling attack is being carried by Anderson and Swann. Aussies just have no bowlers in form at the moment and no bowlers good enough either I reckon. Middle order is pathetic, Clarke in horrid form and can't bat at 4. Changes must be made in the batting for the 3rd test particularly if we can't get a draw. Doherty is worse than Hauritz I reckon

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Bloody Siddle raised our hopes that we might have a chance in the series with that 6 for in the first innings at the Gabba. Should've known it was going to be a disappointment. Like Siddle.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Too many days left in this game for the Poms not to win, unfortunately.

We'll be 1 down with 3 games remaining, meaning that the Pomgolians need only 1 more victory to prevent us from regaining the urn. Can't see them not cashing in on at least one of those games on current form.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be all doom and gloom and we lose the series, but there might be a career or two over come January if we continue to bomb Tests like we are now. The start of real rebuilding phase will begin.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I just hope they don't swap Clarke and Hussey back again. Clarke is an ordinary 4 but Hussey is at his best at 5.

Was happy to give Doherty a chance on this pitch but it looks like Brizz and Beads were right. Very ordinary and no point playing him on the fast wicket in Perth.

We have no "impact" bowlers at the moment. Remember the days when Brett Lee was at his best coming in at first change, backed of course by Warney. Happy for Dougie and Harris as openers but it's very lean beyond that.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
I just hope they don't swap Clarke and Hussey back again. Clarke is an ordinary 4 but Hussey is at his best at 5.

Was happy to give Doherty a chance on this pitch but it looks like Brizz and Beads were right. Very ordinary and no point playing him on the fast wicket in Perth.

We have no "impact" bowlers at the moment. Remember the days when Brett Lee was at his best coming in at first change, backed of course by Warney. Happy for Dougie and Harris as openers but it's very lean beyond that.

I don't know if it is batting 4 or just bad form from Clarke. Batting position shouldn't matter that much IMO.

Bollinger was poo IMO. Doherty is poo, bowls to quick and short too often. It will be a long summer and a long few years. North has to go surely, his shot was the worst to get out IMO.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I think batting at 5 gives Hussey that little bit more confidence to play aggressively and that way plays at his best

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Behold
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.