The Ashes Discussion

Lehmann is not doing his chances of bolting into the side any harm at all here.

Round two.

S. Marsh- 93 against the Test attack.
Bancroft- kept and carried in his bat first innings 76 and then 86 second innings. He's not a keeper but can bat with toughness.

Maxwell- 64 but it was tough going against Sayers and Mennie, they bounced him and had four guys out waiting.

Cartwright- a pair.

Lehmann 103 and 93 with a great caught and bowled too- first Shield wicket.

Carey 36 and 20 with three catches
Nevill 32 and 11* with five catches

That pair probably cost Cartwright, I reckon the 6 spot was his until that. Now I think it's trending towards whoever makes more runs in the last pre-Ashes shield game between S.Marsh, Maxwell & Lehmann.

Keeper is a lottery, I think Nevill is 10% safer with the bat and is more experienced but Carey is way younger and offers more long-term upside.

Interesting Bancroft is the first keeper in Shield history to carry his bat.

Is Bancroft a good enough keeper? If he is, don’t be surprised to see him at 7 given the other keepers are all doing their best to not be selected.

Is Bancroft a good enough keeper? If he is, don’t be surprised to see him at 7 given the other keepers are all doing their best to not be selected.

He's kept in two shield games, one this week.

He's been consistent had two really good years in 2014 and 2015 with over 800 runs each year, he is more likely to put pressure on Renshaw than keepers. The Bangladesh Tour being cancelled may have cost him a lot. He's gutsy his 211 to get WA to the Shield Final in 2015 was tough going.

Not too sure he's suited to six.

But two games or not...can he actually keep?

I’d prefer a keeper that can make a fighting 30-50 and not drop catches, miss stumpings and concedes byes over an extra batsman that can kinda keep

I’d prefer a keeper that can make a fighting 30-50 and not drop catches, miss stumpings and concedes byes

So... someone who is the exact opposite of Matthew Wade then?

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Bird rested from round three.

There is our four quicks.

Bancroft is playing too well not to be selected.

Last edited:
I’m really thinking we are going to see Bancroft as keeper.

Watch M Marsh hit a hundred and walk back into the side

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • jd87
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • TimWhatley
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.