The Dolphins discussion

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I’m glad it happened too. It really does highlight what small poppies some fans of our team have become when it comes to not only direct competition but our own team’s inability to remain relevant. Keep making “the” joke. Trust Me, it’s really, really funny and does not project any insecurities whatsoever.
I don't even think it's a joke anymore. It's simply a nickname, just like every other club has. We get called the Donkeys, there's the Sombreros, the Cheats. Every team has a nickname. This is the weirdest thing to get so wound up about.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
on a lighter note I do have to say it fascinates me how you can find the tiniest thing to nitpick other clubs on yet anyone who dares criticises or “jokes” about the broncos methods will feel the full force of your wrath and denials and to hell with anyone who doesn’t automatically assume it’s another media beatup. I might crack a few jokes about you foordy but that’s only because I like and admire your resolve.

Really?

it fascinates you that I care about the Broncos far more than i give a shit about a rival team

Really?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
no one complains about the boat/Storm jokes

or the sombrero/uncle Nick/Rooster jokes
They're not jokes; they're tired cliches, scraped from the mucky depths of the sore loser barrel.

Let's take a moment to digest: after almost a year of pants pissing and the above mentioned "jokes" about the Roosters poaching Payne Haas, the player they ending up signing was Jake Turpin.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Really?

it fascinates you that I care about the Broncos far more than i give a shit about a rival team

Really?
Personally i find it funniest to make fun of the broncos. It’s like how you give your mates the most shit out of anyone

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Really?

Really?
There’s caring and then there is……well……whatever it is you do. I think a bad case of denial is the best way to describe whatever is influencing the way you post. Reminds me of those parents that will never allow criticism or punish their shitstain child for anything they do because in their world the child didnt do anything wrong and is actually perfectly well-behaved.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
There’s caring and then there is……well……whatever it is you do. I think a bad case of denial is the best way to describe whatever is influencing the way you post. Reminds me of those parents that will never allow criticism or punish their shitstain child for anything they do because in their world the child didnt do anything wrong and is actually perfectly well-behaved.

at most it's trying to balance out the other side (that you tend to fall on most of the time)

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Could we discuss The Dolphins instead of the people discussing The Dolphins?

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
So... has the old Salt managed to sign a marquee player yet for the Dolphins? Any on the radar?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Could we discuss The Dolphins instead of the people discussing The Dolphins?
Gladly sir......

So its clear then.
If we are going to discuss them...lets call them The Dolphins....or Redcliffe.

Will you start issuing suspensions to those who refuse to play ball?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Gladly sir......

So its clear then.
If we are going to discuss them...lets call them The Dolphins....or Redcliffe.

Will you start issuing suspensions to those who refuse to play ball?
That's not what he said, he said we can discuss The and not each other, easy peasy. Stop talking about us and let's move on to The.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We won't be handing out suspensions for things that might be annoying. Otherwise, due to my obvious insecurities I would suspend everyone who bags out the AFL, this wouldn't benefit anyone.

Let's get back to discussing The Phins as @Nashy said. I will withdraw from this part of the conversation as I have had a big part in derailing it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So... has the old Salt managed to sign a marquee player yet for the Dolphins? Any on the radar?

the closest they have come to a marquee player is HTF from the Cowboys.

I don't think any are left on the radar ... they've all rejected the Phins

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
We won't be handing out suspensions for things that might be annoying. Otherwise, due to my obvious insecurities I would suspend everyone who bags out the AFL, this wouldn't benefit anyone.

Let's get back to discussing The Phins as @Nashy said. I will withdraw from this part of the conversation as I have had a big part in derailing it.
What the

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
That's not what he said, he said we can discuss The and not each other, easy peasy. Stop talking about us and let's move on to The.
I'm sorry.....move on to who?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bazza
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • Turks85
  • Kev_Guz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.