The Dolphins discussion

What about this:

1. Milford
6. Munster
7. Taylor
9. Hunt

Yeah, I suspect at least 1 of Oates or Farnworth will go. I’m really curious what Wayne does for 7&1

I'm fairly sure Herbie will be a very long shot of ending up there. If we dont tie up Cobbo before he hits the market though, i think he's going to end up a Dolphin for sure.

I'm fairly sure Herbie will be a very long shot of ending up there. If we dont tie up Cobbo before he hits the market though, i think he's going to end up a Dolphin for sure.

Doubt it. He wants to be a Bronco and the Broncos want him plus the club is now under competent management. He isn't going anywhere.

The risk is definitely a real one but I’m not sure where your certainty about it is coming from? From what I can see if both clubs offered the same amount he would stay at the broncos.

Doubt it. He wants to be a Bronco and the Broncos want him plus the club is now under competent management. He isn't going anywhere.

They all say they want to be Broncos while they are here. When players are asked they always say they want to be here, they are hardly going to say anything different really ( Fifita said he wanted to stay and Coates actually said he wanted to be a Bronco for life for example ).

If he wanted to stay here i doubt there would have already been talks with the Phins. He's clearly exploring his options. Players these days know if clubs want to tie them up before they go to market, they have to overpay them before they are proven.

They all say they want to be Broncos while they are here. When players are asked they always say they want to be here, they are hardly going to say anything different really ( Fifita said he wanted to stay and Coates actually said he wanted to be a Bronco for life for example ).

If he wanted to stay here i doubt there would have already been talks with the Phins. He's clearly exploring his options. Players these days know if clubs want to tie them up before they go to market, they have to overpay them before they are proven.

He's wanted to be a Broncos since he was a kid, the club has supported him and he is really happy with the plan for him and the progress he's making. He isn't going anywhere. If the Broncos needs to lose say Oates and even Herbie, neither of them are going to be ahead of Cobbs. He is THE back the Broncs want to keep and money won't be an issue. He isn't going anywhere. The media of course will make out as though he is a walk risk because it worked so well under previous management but he isn't going to be a Dolphin or any other animal, he's a Bronco and he will be a Bronco.

The risk is definitely a real one but I’m not sure where your certainty about it is coming from? From what I can see if both clubs offered the same amount he would stay at the broncos.

I havent seen anything really where he has come out and said as long as we match the best offer put to him he will stay. He's proved nothing yet and he is already looking elsewhere. You cant really blame the players and their managers, they are just looking after their best interests.

My certainty is just from a couple of whispers i've heard about a potential Dolphins contract. Dont know how accurate it is, but i reckon is going to be more than we will offer tbh. One way or another if its here, the Dolphins or any other club, he's going to be payed the same rate as a proven performer. I'm not convinced thats the right way for any club to go if i'm honest.

He's wanted to be a Broncos since he was a kid, the club has supported him and he is really happy with the plan for him and the progress he's making. He isn't going anywhere. If the Broncos needs to lose say Oates and even Herbie, neither of them are going to be ahead of Cobbs. He is THE back the Broncs want to keep and money won't be an issue. He isn't going anywhere. The media of course will make out as though he is a walk risk because it worked so well under previous management but he isn't going to be a Dolphin or any other animal, he's a Bronco and he will be a Bronco.

Again though, if all thats true, why is he shopping himself around even under the new regime?

I havent seen anything really where he has come out and said as long as we match the best offer put to him he will stay. He's proved nothing yet and he is already looking elsewhere. You cant really blame the players and their managers, they are just looking after their best interests.

My certainty is just from a couple of whispers i've heard about a potential Dolphins contract. Dont know how accurate it is, but i reckon is going to be more than we will offer tbh. One way or another if its here, the Dolphins or any other club, he's going to be payed the same rate as a proven performer. I'm not convinced thats the right way for any club to go if i'm honest.
I can’t be bothered going back and looking but didn’t even is manager basically say “extend him and he’ll stay otherwise I guess we’ll go to the dolphins”.

So you’re suggesting that the dolphins have a contract for 2024 for Cobbo?

Is he shopping himself around? Have I missed something?

I can’t be bothered going back and looking but didn’t even is manager basically say “extend him and he’ll stay otherwise I guess we’ll go to the dolphins”.

his manager did meet with a rival 2 years before the end of his contract. before we even really had a chance to talk terms with him ... that makes me nervous.

I would suggest you take any of Wolfie's dolphin spiel with a fairly large grain of salt.

Again though, if all thats true, why is he shopping himself around even under the new regime?

To find out what kind of figure to look at for an extension. Likely, his manager wants a large slice of the pie, the kid doesn't really care at this point of his life and the Broncs want to make sure he is remunerated well, its sensible business practice and shows good faith from the club.

I would suggest you take any of Wolfie's dolphin spiel with a fairly large grain of salt.
It’s interesting that despite the noise and that fact he’s free to sign elsewhere as of 2 months ago, Wolfie thinks Herbie is basically no chance of going but the seemingly far more secure Cobbo is.

I guess we’ll wait and see. I’m hopefully Cobbo stays though.

Yep, thats pretty much what they are saying. Its pretty common knowledge his manager has already spoken to the Dolphins. From my way of thinking, thats him saying to Brisbane extend him now or we are going to the market. Its clearly a ploy to put pressure on us to pay him big money now before he has done anything consistently. Could well be the advice he is getting through his management is there are some big signings going to end up at Redcliffe in the next couple of years, and his advisiors are using it to get him tied up to Brisbane early.

I do think he has an offer from the Dolphins and Its obviously going to be an informal, nothing official contract but i'm pretty sure the Dolphins have a figure in mind that Selwynn and his management are happy with. Interesting thing as well is, i believe there is also an offer on the table for a 7 who shares the same management as Cobbo ( and Bellamy will be crying again if it comes off! )

Yep, thats pretty much what they are saying. Its pretty common knowledge his manager has already spoken to the Dolphins. From my way of thinking, thats him saying to Brisbane extend him now or we are going to the market. Its clearly a ploy to put pressure on us to pay him big money now before he has done anything consistently. Could well be the advice he is getting through his management is there are some big signings going to end up at Redcliffe in the next couple of years, and his advisiors are using it to get him tied up to Brisbane early.

I do think he has an offer from the Dolphins and Its obviously going to be an informal, nothing official contract but i'm pretty sure the Dolphins have a figure in mind that Selwynn and his management are happy with. Interesting thing as well is, i believe there is also an offer on the table for a 7 who shares the same management as Cobbo ( and Bellamy will be crying again if it comes off! )

An offer for Munster? The Dolphins have made no secret they want him.

It’s interesting that despite the noise and that fact he’s free to sign elsewhere as of 2 months ago, Wolfie thinks Herbie is basically no chance of going but the seemingly far more secure Cobbo is.

I guess we’ll wait and see. I’m hopefully Cobbo stays though.

I'd be surprised with Herbie as they were apparently a long way apart in terms of contract ( a bit like with Issako ) and nobody was backing down. Could change though. Its still possible he may leave. If you asked me this last year, i though Herbie was no chance of leaving Brisbane. Now its not as unlikely, but i'm not sure at this moment in time it will be to the Phins.

I would be very surprised if Cobbo left as we hold all the power, but i thought Coates and Fifita would stay and that didnt end up well!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.