SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

I keep seeing the "experts" talk about us being 4 points out of the 8.

which while technically true, is quite misleading, because the fact of the matter is teams from 6th - 12 have all had their 3 byes with the exception of the Cowboys (8th) and us (11th). So, in reality we are really only 2 points out of the 8.

we also are the only team outside the top 8 to have a positive differential.

which while technically true, is quite misleading, because the fact of the matter is teams from 6th - 12 have all had their 3 byes with the exception of the Cowboys (8th) and us (11th). So, in reality we are really only 2 points out of the 8.

We'd be that one team that comes along every year that sneaks into the 8 that no other team wants to come up against.

The ones to watch will be Dolphins, Dogs and Dragons who all need 4 more wins from 7 games to get to 13.

Phins have a toughish draw; rorters (Perth), dogs (Bundaberg... ****), storm (melb) and us... also knights on old boys day in Newy... If titans do us a solid this weekend they could be long odds to make the 8.

Dogs also have some tough ones in there but play us, dolphins and dragons on the way home... there could be some splitting of wins that stagnate them and those around them. They've also got wahs in NZ and Manly in there, so it could be tight for them.

Dragons aren't looking too bad on the way home... they've got panthers and then storm, but then have 4/5 at home vs dogs (H), titans (H), sharks (H), eels (A) and raiders (H) to finish... we need sharks to actually turn up for that game and a boilover from one of titans, eels or raiders. Winner between dragons and dogs could eliminate one of the them.

Ultimately destiny is in the Broncos hands though... if they turn up and win then they make it... if they don't then they can book their holidays for September.

The ones to watch will be Dolphins, Dogs and Dragons who all need 4 more wins from 7 games to get to 13.

Phins have a toughish draw; rorters (Perth), dogs (Bundaberg... ****), storm (melb) and us... also knights on old boys day in Newy... If titans do us a solid this weekend they could be long odds to make the 8.

Dogs also have some tough ones in there but play us, dolphins and dragons on the way home... there could be some splitting of wins that stagnate them and those around them. They've also got wahs in NZ and Manly in there, so it could be tight for them.

Dragons aren't looking too bad on the way home... they've got panthers and then storm, but then have 4/5 at home vs dogs (H), titans (H), sharks (H), eels (A) and raiders (H) to finish... we need sharks to actually turn up for that game and a boilover from one of titans, eels or raiders. Winner between dragons and dogs could eliminate one of the them.

Ultimately destiny is in the Broncos hands though... if they turn up and win then they make it... if they don't then they can book their holidays for September.
A lot of the teams above us play each other. I'm still dreaming for a top 4 finish 😆

It doesn't work like that because teams still play when we have our bye and can get 2 points.

If we win all our games left and those teams don't get their 4 wins all we need is Manly to lose a few more as well and 4th is still possible.

Sharks are unlikely to win many games with Hynes out for the season, so thats another team that can help us.

I think realistically though, if we can get to the last round game with
Storm already guaranteed top 8, Kevvie will risk resting the team for the week even if it costs us a home final, (unless the rare situation where top 4 is likely) we have more chance to go for the GF with a rested team going into the finals than one that is 5th or 6th with no rest imo.

If we win all our games left and those teams don't get their 4 wins all we need is Manly to lose a few more as well and 4th is still possible.

Sharks are unlikely to win many games with Hynes out for the season, so thats another team that can help us.

I think realistically though, if we can get to the last round game with
Storm already guaranteed top 8, Kevvie will risk resting the team for the week even if it costs us a home final, (unless the rare situation where top 4 is likely) we have more chance to go for the GF with a rested team going into the finals than one that is 5th or 6th with no rest imo.
Crazy how a couple of wins/losses can change a whole season. Had we won those Dragons and Sharks games (which we were so close to doing) - top 4 would be easily within our reach.

Crazy how a couple of wins/losses can change a whole season. Had we won those Dragons and Sharks games (which we were so close to doing) - top 4 would be easily within our reach.
Yeah was thinking before that if titans, sharks, rabbits and dragons games go differently we're competing for top 4.

If Reynolds was available we're winning most of those games.

If Walsh was available for sharks and rabbits, I see us winning at least one of them.

Titans and dragons have been the daggers this season... titans was a garbage effort with the whole team looking to next week and not turning up at all.

Dragons hurts, because a win there basically guaranteed us a finals spot... would've removed dragons as a threat and give us a buffer of 2 losses and still making 13 wins. If they had won that game they could've been looking at competing for the top 4 when the origin guys returned.

Yeah was thinking before that if titans, sharks, rabbits and dragons games go differently we're competing for top 4.

If Reynolds was available we're winning most of those games.

If Walsh was available for sharks and rabbits, I see us winning at least one of them.

Titans and dragons have been the daggers this season... titans was a garbage effort with the whole team looking to next week and not turning up at all.

Dragons hurts, because a win there basically guaranteed us a finals spot... would've removed dragons as a threat and give us a buffer of 2 losses and still making 13 wins. If they had won that game they could've been looking at competing for the top 4 when the origin guys returned.

I reckon we win that Warriors game too.

We were clawing our way back into the game, think we got it down to 6 points or something? Then Mam goes a trick play on the last near enough to halfway, Reynolds kicks that into a corner and we probably don't concede soon after. Instead we may have been in their half having another crack at their line with a bit of momentum.

I reckon we win that Warriors game too.

We were clawing our way back into the game, think we got it down to 6 points or something? Then Mam goes a trick play on the last near enough to halfway, Reynolds kicks that into a corner and we probably don't concede soon after. Instead we may have been in their half having another crack at their line with a bit of momentum.
Losing Reynolds just before origin was a killer.

He carried us through the origin period last year and we just couldn't function without him, on top of missing / backing up 3-4 origin players for 8 weeks.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Can’t have a dynasty if you don’t even win one. If were to have a dynasty it won’t be with Reynolds at halfback

I mean technically...technically we're still a mathematical chance at winning the premiership.

Gotta keep the faith (somehow).

I mean technically...technically we're still a mathematical chance at winning the premiership.

Gotta keep the faith (somehow).
Ah yes, it’s “mathematical chance” time of year again

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Mr Fourex
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Stix
  • ostin86
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.