SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

Technically, because of our +/-, we can still drop another game and make the finals. Assuming Dragons, Dolphins & Raiders lose all/most of their games. I did it on the latter predictor and best case we can finish 7th on 34 points, Dragons 8th, with 9th & 10th on 32 points but with a worse +/-.
Only 4 more rounds to go. Best we can finish with is 30 points.

I'm not sure if we can lose another match...

Technically, because of our +/-, we can still drop another game and make the finals. Assuming Dragons, Dolphins & Raiders lose all/most of their games. I did it on the latter predictor and best case we can finish 7th on 34 points, Dragons 8th, with 9th & 10th on 32 points but with a worse +/-.
Where do u get 34 points from?. If we win all remaining games that will give us 12 wins and 12 losses which is 24 points plus 6 for the 3 byes is 30 points. We were gonski weeks ago.

It's officially over unless the Dolphins get busted for rorting the cap.

Need dragons, dolphins and knights to all lose 3 of the last 4 games they each play and we need to win our remaining 3 games.

I would expect the storm to rest pretty much their entire starting 13 round 27 so we should win that. Assuming we beat eels and dolphins we should end the season on 30 points. We have a really good +\- with only the dolphins being better than us.

Need dragons, dolphins and knights to all lose 3 of the last 4 games they each play and we need to win our remaining 3 games.

I would expect the storm to rest pretty much their entire starting 13 round 27 so we should win that. Assuming we beat eels and dolphins we should end the season on 30 points. We have a really good +\- with only the dolphins being better than us.
Storm will rest against Cows to save the travel.

It's officially over unless the Dolphins get busted for rorting the cap.
Dolphins are currently on 26 points - we have the potential to finish on 30 if we win all our games. It's not over yet.

Dolphins also have Bulldogs and Melbourne (both away) in the next 2 weeks... our game against them in round 26 might be for 8th spot.

Where do u get 34 points from?. If we win all remaining games that will give us 12 wins and 12 losses which is 24 points plus 6 for the 3 byes is 30 points. We were gonski weeks ago.

I don't know, that's just what the ladder predictor spat out.

Dolphins are currently on 26 points - we have the potential to finish on 30 if we win all our games. It's not over yet.

Dolphins also have Bulldogs and Melbourne (both away) in the next 2 weeks... our game against them in round 26 might be for 8th spot.
You're right but we need the Titans to beat the Knights, the Dolphins to lose every game and the Raiders to beat the Cowboys.

I know it's been said a million times... but if we won last year at least us shitting the bed this year wouldn't feel so bad. Instead we choked and we suck now too. Reminds me of the 2021-23 F1 season drama with mercedes and Lewis Hamilton.

It feels like shit when you're unable to redeem yourself or "fight back" after disappointment.
Reminds me of 2015 and the year after.

I don't know, that's just what the ladder predictor spat out.

Artworks 000777299587 nf824j t500x500

You're right but we need the Titans to beat the Knights, the Dolphins to lose every game and the Raiders to beat the Cowboys.
Dragons are the other team we have to worry about. Cowboys should make the 8 so I’m not worrying about them.

Dragons have titans, sharks, eels, raiders

Dolphins have dogs, storm, broncos, knights

Raiders have panthers, cowboys, roosters and dragons.

Essentially we need the dolphins and dragons to win no more then 2 more games each and the raiders to win no more then 3 games. If that happens and we win all of our remaining games we should make the 8.

FTR 30 points would have gotten you in the 8 on all but 3 occasions (1999, 2018, 2023) since the NRL started in 1998

But not with 3 byes

there has literally been 3 byes in one bloody year.

so you can actually scrub 2023 from my list of years where you needed more than 30 points to make the finals. if you take one bye off each of those teams and you only needed 30 points to make the finals in 2023.

On the plus side, Melbourne's win tonight has helped us in a way.

If we can somehow win the next two games, there's no way Bellamy plays a full strength side in the final round of the regular season when the side doesn't have anything to play for.

On the plus side, Melbourne's win tonight has helped us in a way.

If we can somehow win the next two games, there's no way Bellamy plays a full strength side in the final round of the regular season when the side doesn't have anything to play for.
Being saying that, given recent history shows resting your players on the last round has a notable advantage in the finals, but first we do need Raiders to beat Cowboys this weekend for any hope or the 8 is locked out since Dragons have an easy draw and Cowboys with their bye in hand will have 32 points 2 above the max we can get(their other games with Storm and dogs are most likely losses).

Someone needs to update the thread title to be

The dynasty is still mathematically possible: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership​

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • scobie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Porthoz
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.