NEWS The NRL Lurker: Three Brisbane Broncos to be told to look elsewhere for 2020

Boyd and Macca can leave.

As for Glenn Im not to sure about. He is the last person Id looking to be moving on, hes playing solid. Only move him on to free up space. We've lost enough experience as is.

*welp* Looks like 2020 will be another rebuilding year lol
Yeah in a team that is severley lacking experience and effort, I wouldn't be moving on Glenn. He's not on big money or anything, and he puts in 100% effort every game.

Boyd has a contract until he is 34 though. Why would he leave? Theres no way he is playing beyond that. He will just sit in Qcup and say thanks for the 800k.

I hear the leagues club is offering a full time gig pulling beers behind the bar.

Advertised as compulsory to have your RSA and be an ex player of the club in order to use their profile to get people in the door. Currently offering 20 hours a week at the casual rate of $500 an hour several times above the award rate. Should be enough for Boyd to walk away form his contract........

No link, i'm sure i heard him say it at a presser.

The guy isn't a fool... he knows things need to change and he is doing as much.

I think most of us have accepted this year may be a bust, but what was frustrating everyone (well me at least) was that we werent changing anything.

However if these rumours are true at least it shows change is on the horizon. I might be able to accept the losses when it feels and looks like we are building towards something.

So happy we've signed Seibs if he's telling Macca to pack his bags, assuming any of it is true.
Boyd I can see why he was re-signed at the time but he's playing like fucking shit house and even under all the pressure and criticism has barely put a good game together, and I'm sick of him too.

Alex Glenn I'd happily keep around, he's not on big money and he's never, ever been anything but a reliable player for us. If Macca was an 11/12 or centre or something I honestly wouldn't care but you can't have an average 9 and expect to be a good team in the NRL.

Please god be true.

@Old Mate . From memory, you are as big a fan of Andrew McCullough as you were Peter Wallace.

Reality final kick in....?

Last edited:
Boyd has a contract until he is 34 though. Why would he leave? Theres no way he is playing beyond that. He will just sit in Qcup and say thanks for the 800k.
I doubt he would play qld cup. For all the advances he has made with mental health, the drop in confidence and the animosity of fans/the club he would feel would mean the money would be hard for him to justify when he could get a cushy-post career "job" from the club

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • john1420
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • abashii
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.