The NRL published TPA figures...

Yep. ‘So, Ian, you never caught a very blatant cheating scheme. What did they do wrong?’

(Frantically writing down notes of what not to do.)

(Ian leaves)

Massive sound of laughter followed by a phone call to whoever is behind it all, ‘Mate, as we suspected, nothing to worry about.’

I actually think it is a bit more sinister than that. Might be tin foil hat time but to me it feels like the whole Schubert stunt was an attempt to play chicken with the NRL.

“Your move Todd, what are you going to do? Call the guy that auditor all clubs for many years an incompetent cheater? Do you really want to open that can of worms?”

I can't see SBW turning down the All Blecks leading into what would be his last World Cup. Nor would the NZRU tell SBW he's not in their plans. RL puts more wear and tear on his body, he wants to live off that fat European/Japanese union cash soon so even a dodgy Roosters contract isn't going to cut it.

I can't see SBW turning down the All Blecks leading into what would be his last World Cup. Nor would the NZRU tell SBW he's not in their plans. RL puts more wear and tear on his body, he wants to live off that fat European/Japanese union cash soon so even a dodgy Roosters contract isn't going to cut it.
I thought that is the whole reason this rumour started. Because the all-blacks didn't want him?

He would officially be on a low contract, unofficially of course, those brown paper bags would be stacking up...sorry...'translucent tubular shaped ornaments'.

I actually think it is a bit more sinister than that. Might be tin foil hat time but to me it feels like the whole Schubert stunt was an attempt to play chicken with the NRL.

“Your move Todd, what are you going to do? Call the guy that auditor all clubs for many years an incompetent cheater? Do you really want to open that can of worms?”

I don't think you're wrong, it definitely sounds more than plausible that this is exactly what happened.

I mean, I don't think it would come as a surprise to anyone that the Roosters would take the gamble on Schubert's incompetence, he had no idea about the Storm whatsoever, so he certainly wouldn't seem that hard to fool once again.

I thought that is the whole reason this rumour started. Because the all-blacks didn't want him?

That particular reason seems to pop up now and then. But like I said, with a world cup on the horizon why would you not want every possible candidate on board? Even if they're not currently in favour.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.