The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
It's a good tip for general browsing, as it avoids sites tracking you and your habits.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for many sites, which like the case in point, will simply display a message telling you that the content isn't available if you're not a subscriber, or don't have cookies enabled, etc...
Works fine for me for all news sites that have a monthly limit to how many you can read

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Thaiday captaincy dreams shattered..again

Sam Thaiday’s hopes of regaining the Broncos captaincy are set to receive a crushing blow.
Thaiday was devastated when former Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin stripped him of the leadership role this time last year, replacing him with co-captains Justin Hodges and Corey Parker.The 29-year-old fumed over the move all last season and, as a big Wayne Bennett fan, he was hoping to regain the captaincy with the prodigal son’s return to the Broncos in 2015.Bennett is making plenty of changes at the Broncos - and scrapping the co-captains will be one of them.But I am hearing Bennett is leaning towards making Hodges the Broncos’ sole captain in what is certain to be a controversial move.Hodges is a prickly, moody character who often has a poor on-field relationship with referees.But Bennett believes the role would bring out the best in Hodges and there is no doubting the tall centre is a role model for young indigenous players in the Broncos’ ranks.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---monday/1ceu6ueau6h5a1chdepg1sil3j

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i expected it to be hodges.

leave thaiday on the right edge and get him being more aggressive again. bring back third man thaiday!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I love how "ball playing" has been reduced to simply being able to pass the ball in the second man play these days lol.

Boyd is not a playmaker and has no ball playing skills. He can play his part in a simple second man play, but has never shown anything more than that.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I love how "ball playing" has been reduced to simply being able to pass the ball in the second man play these days lol.

Boyd is not a playmaker and has no ball playing skills. He can play his part in a simple second man play, but has never shown anything more than that.

I suppose, at least it is more than Hoffman could ever do

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
boyd has thrown better passes than hoffman has ever dreamed of.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
boyd has thrown better passes than hoffman has ever dreamed of.

although throwing a better pass than Hoffman doesn't make someone a playmaker. Hell, my grandma can throw a better pass than Hoffman and she has been dead for two years!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Was fully expecting WB to just go with Thaiday. If he does go with Hodges I'll give WB a big thumbs up because for mine Hodges is the best leader at our club.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Who'll get the 'C' when Hodgo is out injured ... again ?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Parker? Thaiday isn't serious enough to be a captain, he proved that the first time.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

You guys need to get your eyes checked.

Read what Ari said again paying particular attention to '...like other teams' That doesn't mean Bennett doesn't use wrestling at all, just not to the extent of other teams.

I think you need to. This is what he said:

Coach will go elsewhere for more money but he won't incorporate a huge part of today's game into the teams gameplan.

He said that Bennett won't incorporate wrestling into his teams gameplan.

the Knights under bennett, the dragons under bennett before them, and the broncos before them wrestled just as much as any other team. the dragons in particular were very good at it.

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
For mine WB coached teams don't wrestle effectively or to the same extent as other teams.

I also don't think WBs game plans have a focus on wrestling the way Bellamys do.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
And he doesn't like the other teams do. What did Ari have to do? Highlight that in size 7 font for you?

You want to play my word against yours, fine. But seriously all you've got to do is visit a Knights board to see that how frustrated they were with Bennett's lack of work in the ruck and it's been an ongoing problem for awhile.

The point Ari was making was that Bennett is willing to exploit the current player market to his benefit yet when it comes to the wrestling, which is a huge part of the modern game, he has his hang ups.

Do I have that right Mr. @Ari Gold ?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Exactly right Pete. And it's neither meant as a positive or negative criticism. Just interesting that he is willing to be principled in some areas but not others.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

ball playing is being able to play a good part ina second man play ala hodges/boyd/khunt.
playmaking is an entirely different beast and cronk is probably the best at it (don't bother arguing that point because I don't really care and it's off topic).

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If Bennett can win the comp in 2015 after losing his first choice fullback for the majority of the season, it'll be a truly wonderful achievement.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Lol the excuses for not winning/making top 4 in 2015 are already flowing thick and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.