The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dumb hair cuts should be league wide. **** Naiqama and Edrick Lee!

Bennett has fined players before plenty of times so it's not "Griffin's system." Hannant was one of the worst offenders and got pinged over 10k last year.

Bennett has fined players for gear and wearing thongs.

Not saying it's right or wrong, every club has some 'punishment' system. But fines are certainly not Hook's creation and he certainly isn't on his own.

That's fair but I think what put the players offside is that the fines could be issued by anyone on staff.

Where as Bennett handles all the disciplinary breaches.

At least under this current system.

Bennett's fines system even dates back to the late 80's as 1910 hinted at when he got frustrated with the error rates that was growing amongst the players, he implemented a system to encourage improvement in areas he felt the players became lazy in, anyone who has Wally and the Broncos book it has references to such.

Last edited:
Can't really comment as to the effectiveness of either coaches discipline system. I do like the fact that Bennett is making a point of stamping his authority in many areas, this included. Sends a clear message to the players (and public) that things are going to be different under his watch.

Big ups on the thongs /phones /haircuts edict though.

Whilst I continue to oppose Milford at fullback five eight and wonder how many seasons it will be til he becomes as good a five as a fullback, WB has otherwise done some great things so far (well, jury's still out on Blair)

You could really feel the effect tonight. Thaiday hasn't played like that at club level in years. He was superb tonight.

Basically everyone contributed tonight. And they played with a purpose that's not been there for a while.

Hail King Bennett. The man is a genius.

The side and players seem to have taken to Bennett like a duck to water, and vice versa which is even better. Did I see him jump out of his seat in the coach's box during the game when we scored?

Despite my initial reservations, Bennett is bringing everything together, and it is showing on the on the field, and on the ladder.

Really good to see after years of bits and pieces - skill and talent, which just wouldn't gel

Really good to see after years of bits and pieces - skill and talent, which just wouldn't gel

Still plenty of time for it to get better too, just gotta survive Origin and the rounds just after it.

Despite my protestations about Bennett returning, his best attribute has always been his ability to get the best out of his players and to get them believing in themselves ... and in that regard, it appears he still has it.

The club has certainly had the talent available the last few years, Griffin just wasn't able to get them to gel.

I still think Milford should be fullback (and Boyd wing when he returns)

I also still worry about what happens once Bennett retires ... The shadow that Bennett cast at the Broncos is massive, and we've seen from the last two coaches that not every coach can handle it, so I still wonder whether we have set ourselves back years in the long term, for some possible short term gains.

Bennett was one of the best runners at the club? Wow..

You know what annoys me? When people say Wayne has always had a squad of rep players in his team making him look good. In the beginning he may have, but he played a part in creating the rep players the Broncos have had during his time. Lockyer, Webcke, Sailor etc. didn't come to the Broncos having already represented Australia. I don't get why people think that's the case.

You know what annoys me? When people say Wayne has always had a squad of rep players in his team making him look good. In the beginning he may have, but he played a part in creating the rep players the Broncos have had during his time. Lockyer, Webcke, Sailor etc. didn't come to the Broncos having already represented Australia. I don't get why people think that's the case.

Tall poppy syndrome... We are Australians after all

Going by their logic every coach that has won a premiership is overrated. Every team that has won a premiership all had representative players on their roster.

I just want to say that the influence of Wayne on this football side is something to behold. Whatever he said to them at half time must of struck a nerve, the sense of self belief they had on returning to the field was amazing the other night. The whole team came out to win, it was like they had been given the game plan that they new could not be beaten. I think our side under wayne can only keep getting better. I hate to say it but that game if played last year would have been a BIG L next to our name on the ladder. I am really optimistic about our team this year going into every game, of course it's not only Wayne but the players as well as they seem to be going the extra yard which is wonderful to see. Just want to thank Wayne and the boys for making me be able to have pride in the club shirt I throw on every weekend to watch them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • scobie
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosAlways
  • Old Mate
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncos Maestro
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.