The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB is the man with a plan, I trust that he has an idea on why he would drop him this week.

My thoughts exactly...

I understand the rotation between FG and youth team, but wouldn't this be an ideal week to give more minutes?

He's probably just following a schedule, at the moment it looks like 3 weeks in FG followed by 3 weeks in NYC (According to 1910's post), regardless of who's injured and who's not.

I don't think any other coach would be pushing a 19 year old prop any harder than Bennett

I have no problem with Bennett dropping offa back to lower grades... But IMO, he would have been better off sending him to the ISC not NYC

For me it depends on how long Bennett wants to keep Ofahengaue in reggies.

If it's for the long haul, then yeah, put him with the Jets and get him used to the grind.

But if it's just a week or two, then let him travel with the senior team and play with a team where he's guaranteed to play long minutes.

I don't think ISC is necessarily a superior competition in every way when it comes to development. There are some cons that fans gloss over.

The other thing to considered the Milford to fullback discussion is the defence. Kahu made two tackles in the last two games that some have described as match winners. would milford have made those tackles? that's 4 competition points.

Not only tackles....but catching the high ball as well. After a wobbly start to the season Kahu has turned into a gun at it.

Milford has never looked confident under the high ball.

Since this isn't titans game related, moving discussion to this thread.

We've won the last 2 weeks lmfao..

In the last two weeks we have been out scored 32-20 in the second halves... In fact we have been out scored. 58-34 for the season, with the only second half we actually won against the Sharks.

But your right we're going really well in the second halves. :rolleyes:

We are playing well in the first halves ... But then go to sleep in the second. (with the exception of the Sharks game)

You know what I've changed my mind, i will make that comment ... Based on your theory that winning validates playing/coaching decisions (even if the wins have been against poor teams as is the case for us). Then:

The Knights are lucky the lost Bennett and Boyd. Because the are the only undefeated team left in the comp. And winning validates playing and ciaching decisions right?

2 things, Foordy.
1. Every game where one team has a massive lead, the refs like to give a thousand catch up penalties.
2. The Knights haven't played anyone good yet.

You were going to say that anyway, so it's not exactly based on anyone elses theory but your own. Gosh it would suck if we scored less points in the second half of the Grand Final and still ended up on top and for some crazy reason they gave the trophy to the other team.

2 things, Foordy.
1. Every game where one team has a massive lead, the refs like to give a thousand catch up penalties.
2. The Knights haven't played anyone good yet.

You were going to say that anyway, so it's not exactly based on anyone elses theory but your own. Gosh it would suck if we scored less points in the second half of the Grand Final and still ended up on top and for some crazy reason they gave the trophy to the other team.

This was in response to unbreakable saying Bennetts decision not to select Vidot was justified because we have eon 3 games... Our three wins have also been either against poor teams or teams horribly out of form and playing poorly. We have played 1 good team this year and were soundly thrashed.

We may have won games, but that doesn't change the fact that we aren't closing out games. We are going to sleep at half time. Do that against good teams and we will continue seeing results like the Souths game.

If we even want to be considered a premiership threat then we need to stop letting teams vack into the game.

Yes refs have a tendency to equal things up in tge second half. But i actually read a stat the other day saying that we are the most penalised team in the comp... Thats pretty bad considering the Roosters deliberately gice away penalties on their own line to ensure they defend with a set line.

Why do people keep mentioning the Knights, who cares?

Three wins out of four games is a pretty damn good start to the season in my book, especially considering some of the doom-mongering that went on when Bennett's appointment was announced.

Let's focus on our team.

Yeah I dunno, Foordy will just look for any negative he can, he's trying to fill the boots of AP I guess

I really hope we can keep this streak up, even with injuries to several key players, maybe it might stave off the Bennett haters for a little while.

Last edited:
Yeah I dunno, Foordy will just look for any negative he can, he's trying to fill the boots of AP I guess

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of positives, but unlike some i don't gloss over negatives because that just sets you up for a big fall...

So for some balance, the positives are IMO:

Kahu

No Hoffman (at least when he's not on the wing)

Our first halves

No Griffin

No Kennedy

Parker, McGuire, Hunt continuing their good form from last season.

Wallace (Jarrod not Peter :tongue: )

Glenn (very under-rated IMO, and starting to run some good lines again).

Thaiday being moved to the bench FINALLY.

On another note ... I heard AP left, and I'm surprised there wasn't the big scene that i would have expected from him...

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong there are plenty of positives, but unlike some i don't gloss over negatives because that just sets you up for a big fall...

So for some balance, the positives are IMO:

Kahu

No Hoffman (at least when he's not on the wing)

Our first halves

No Griffin

No Kennedy

Parker, McGuire, Hunt continuing their good form from last season.

Wallace (Jarrod not Peter :tongue: )

Glenn (very under-rated IMO, and starting to run some good lines again).

Thaiday being moved to the bench FINALLY.

On another note ... I heardvAP left, and I'm surprised there wasn't the big scene that i would have expected from him...

Agree with all of those.. so what are the negatives?.. Apart from injuries, which nobody can control.

Agree with all of those.. so what are the negatives?.. Apart from injuries, which nobody can control.

IMO, negatives are:

Going to sleep in the second half (by far our biggest)

Blair (apart from one game he really has been ordinary)

Reed still being in the side

Our discipline (we are the most penalised side in the comp this season)

I know i have been vocal about Milford playing fullback, but I saw a few good things from him in the Warriors game, so i am prepared to give him time before i list him in either column yet (especially with Kahus form). But i still feel it is best for his career that he play fullback for a few more years.

IMO, negatives are:

Going to sleep in the second half (by far our biggest)

Blair (apart from one game he really has been ordinary)

Reed still being in the side

Our discipline (we are the most penalised side in the comp this season)

I know i have been vocal about Milford playing fullback, but I saw a few good things from him in the Warriors game, so i am prepared to give him time before i list him in either column yet (especially with Kahus form). But i still feel it is best for his career that he play fullback for a few more years.

So 2 out of our 17 players aren't in career best form and we've been the victims of referees evening out a penalty count in the second half a couple of times.

You're clutching at straws to find things to complain about dude.

So what happened to AP???

So 2 out of our 17 players aren't in career best form and we've been the victims of referees evening out a penalty count in the second half a couple of times.

You're clutching at straws to find things to complain about dude.

I don't think our second halves can be put down to the refs evening out penalty counts. In fact against the Warriors i thought we got the rub of the green from the refs ... Which is unusual for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.