The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wayne Bennet's 2015 Team Line Up

Yeah, and I said you're entitled to your opinion. You've expressed it, many times, in many threads, across the whole forum. :laugh:. We get it.

It's probably time to move on and support the coach and the team.

forum
ˈfɔːrəm

noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Where you berate people until they either stop posting or agree with your opinion

Well played

I guess.....I know I'd prefer winning ugly, than losing pretty. In fact for some reason it'd be kinda fun in a twisted way to win ugly all year and be as boring as bat shit, but take home the GF

Look at the scoreboard *****

Get fucked.

Titans tried that and it hasn't gone so great for the rest of the year. Got them off to a pretty good start though.

Titans tried that and it hasn't gone so great for the rest of the year. Got them off to a pretty good start though.

Coincidentally started going downhill when they lost both their halves.

A couple of things about the Hasler v Bennett comparison. Hasler has obviously been to 2 more grand finals. Obviously he lost those extra 2 though so it doesn't count for much.

What impresses me though is the way he has handled change and transition. Matt Orford leaves in 2009, leaving Keiran Foran (9 games experience at this point) and rookie DCE as their halves. Most teams would struggle with 2 essentially rookie halves with 9 games of NRL between them. What does he do? Win a premiership.

He then goes to the Dogs and completely changes the way they play from how they did at Manly, developing Barba into a Dally M medallist and only bringing one notable player with him (Tony Williams).

Bennett on the other hand makes a similar move in changing teams shortly after winning a grand final, proceeds to bring multiple players with him (Boyd, Scott, McKinnon). He tries to use the exact same game plan at Newcastle and fails miserably.

So they've been in the same situation once in the last decade (new club) and Hasler wins this by TKO IMO. Had Bennett been in a situation where he lost his key halves, history suggests to me he wouldn't have had the balls to play 2 rookies the way Hasler did. For me that makes Hasler all the more impressive from an overall point of view.

Hopefully though, WB can go ahead on the Premierships count next year, and boost his lead in 2016!

To be fair, WB left the broncos just 2 years after winning a premiership, only took Boyd with him, and won an actual real premiership (not just a losing GF) with the Dragons, basing their game around Soward.

If you can relax with the idea that the games biggest sook and one of the most horribly out of form players is come to steer your club around, then go for it

To be fair, after Boyd got paid, he's been one of the more in-form Fullbacks in the competition, and had a good origin series as well. If that's a horribly out of form player, I'll take a whole team of them please.

He had 1 or 2 good games after origin, and has been MIA since

Thats the problem with signing a contract that has non-guaranteed TPAs in it.

And again, no one knows what will happen. Until then, this is all speculation and hyperbole. It's not healthy to take the kind of line you're taking on this.

This whole thread is about speculation and guesses, and a discussion about rumours.

Everything is therefore fair game and negative responses to anyone speculating, guessing and expressing a view about what is unknown means this thread is a waste of space

A coach that plays favourites is not a good coach. End of story. Bennett lovers cannot argue that. A good coach makes decisions based on what is best for the team, not what is best for his lover boy.

Can you tell me a coach that doesn't play favorites?

Last edited:

This whole thread is about speculation and guesses, and a discussion about rumours.

Everything is therefore fair game and negative responses to anyone speculating, guessing and expressing a view about what is unknown means this thread is a waste of space

You got it.

I'll just put this one on my ignore list and return when sensible discussion ensues, I guess.

After thinking on it I'm warming to the idea of Boyd at fullback, Milford at 6 and Barba on the bench. That would be awesome.

Plenty of fans care about how their teams perform during the regular season as well as being competitive in every match they participate in.

Just ask Tigers fans who had one good year under Tim Sheens, who according to the criteria above was equally as good as Bellamy over the past 10 years.

In the context of 'which coach is the best' the vast majority of posters bring up finals campaigns made and/or grand finals won

That's all I meant

Of course we care how many games are won during the season

I care about how many wins we get during the season, and how many wins we get in the finals series. The NRL to me isn't all about the result, it's how you got to the result. I don't like winning by brain dead boring football. I don't like winning with the ref handing it to us or even blatantly giving us a leg up. State of origin is a different matter, I'll take a win where the ref sends the whole other team off 2 seconds into the game lol.

regular season is about enjoying it, even if we lose. its entertainment, and if im not entertained then whats the point?

So its a rare moment, but I agree with AP here

I watch NRL to be entertained

If the boys lose it can still be an enjoyable 80 minutes, depending how they lose of course

AP, see my prior post about my 'nobody cares' comment relating to a context

Can you tell me a coach that doesn't play favorites?

Andrew Mcfadden.

Has dropped Dane Nielsen, Konrad Hurrell, Feleti Mateo, Chad Townsend, Sam Rapira and Kevin Locke over the course of the year.

Would be like Hodges, Reed, Thaiday and Hoffman being dropped here

Last edited:

After thinking on it I'm warming to the idea of Boyd at fullback, Milford at 6 and Barba on the bench. That would be awesome.

Well, either Barba tears it up at 5/8 or he leaves at the end of the year. An 80 minute playing, marquee signing on the bench. Love it.

What? I better stop speculating or I'll go blind.

Well, either Barba tears it up at 5/8 or he leaves at the end of the year. An 80 minute playing, marquee signing on the bench. Love it.

What? I better stop speculating or I'll go blind.

He comes in and out of games like a bench player so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Maddy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.