The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember the club having a 3 year span of 8th, 12th and 10th when Bennett was coach.

If that means I'm a Bennett nuthugger so be it.

Stagg might've been named in the centres but it was Berrigan who nullified GI in the 2006 GF, he was epic, hence why he won the CC.

@Cult3 if you are seriously trying to justify Bennett picking guys like Carroll and Thaiday in the halves, then I don't ever want to see you complain about Griffin selecting Hoffman in the halves EVER AGAIN. because as bad as the decision was to play Hoffman in halves, it is not as bad as the decision to play Carroll or Thaiday in that position. (I'm pretty sure Bennett also played Stagg there at one point)

If Hoffman was our 6th string five-eight like Carroll was I wouldn't have cared as much. But there were plenty of viable options for five-eight this year, and even if they "weren't ready" they were still better options.

'You fundamentalists'

Wasn't it you who had a cry at me on here for bunching you in with all the Bennett haters? So it's fine for you to generalise, but not the fundamentalists...

You go on about you gave him credit for his premierships etc. but the say bullshit like he got lucky in 2006. What a load of shit. You never 'get lucky' and win a premiership. They are too hard to win for it to be that simple. Form during the season is irrelevant when it comes to the finals, and unless the 15 other teams all had their points deducted and I forgot about it, claiming it was luck is a load of shit
I'm sorry, I forgot your alter ego was Cult3.

Way to do selective reading mate. I said a "bit lucky" because of the way it came about, which I clearly explained and I did give credit to Wayne in many things, but you chose to ignore all of that, so I guess the word fundamentalist does fit you after all, you were right! :takdir:

I'm sorry, I forgot your alter ego was Cult3.

Way to do selective reading mate. I said a "bit lucky" because of the way it came about, which I clearly explained and I did give credit to Wayne in many things, but you chose to ignore all of that, so I guess the word fundamentalist does fit you after all, you were right! :takdir:

You clearly meant any WB huggers by the use of 'fundamentalists' unless of course you are suggesting Cult3 is 2 or more people, in which case the use of plural is apt and I apologise.

I didn't ignore all of it, but I responded to the bit I didn't agree with, which was the fact that you claim he got lucky with the 2006 premiership. Sorry I didn't say good boy for giving credit outside of that, so good boy for giving credit outside of that.

You clearly meant any WB huggers by the use of 'fundamentalists' unless of course you are suggesting Cult3 is 2 or more people, in which case the use of plural is apt and I apologise.

I didn't ignore all of it, but I responded to the bit I didn't agree with, which was the fact that you claim he got lucky with the 2006 premiership. Sorry I didn't say good boy for giving credit outside of that, so good boy for giving credit outside of that.
So now, not only are you unable to read posts, you are also a mind reader... :laugh:

I justified my opinion, bolded the bit that led me to the fundamentalist answer, but feel free to ignore that as well.

No worries mate, I told you you were right. Although it wasn't aimed at you, you definitely proved you earned the fundamentalist tag, and this post just confirms it. :takdir:

P.S. When I accused you of generalising, it was because you actually did that when answering me personally, but don't let that get in the way of your judgemental rant.

So now, not only are you unable to read posts, you are also a mind reader... :laugh:

I justified my opinion, bolded the bit that led me to the fundamentalist answer, but feel free to ignore that as well.

No worries mate, I told you you were right. Although it wasn't aimed at you, you definitely proved you earned the fundamentalist tag, and this post just confirms it. :takdir:

P.S. When I accused you of generalising, it was because you actually did that when answering me personally, but don't let that get in the way of your judgemental rant.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"I won't take credit away from the premierships we won, even if I do believe the 2006 one was a bit lucky". That is taking credit away from the premierships he won. There were a bazillion reasons why Carroll was named in the halves, but every reason given to you guys is immediately called an excuse and therefore not true. It's been the same for weeks. And we are hardly the ones being intolerant of others opinions. Yes, Tonie Carroll and Stagg were horrible decisions for halves but again, half our team were fucking injured. Good enough "excuse", right? Of course not..

You guys are acting like David Stagg has always played like he has this year. Again, I'm definitely repeating myself. He was selected for Origin based on his form throughout those years. Also I love how responses aren't given when your opinions are being proved wrong. This place should just be called SelectiveReadingHQ. Also when you give smart ass replies and someone else does too we aren't going on tangents. You started that by being a smart ass which isn't going to help any argument you're having.

@AP Thaiday has set up some of the best tries I have ever seen from his passes.

And nobody has ever said Wayne Bennett is perfect. He has made some shitty decisions but if we can't even give reasons for why some of those shitty decisions were made then we may as well just close the threads and call it a day.

I don't remember the club having a 3 year span of 8th, 12th and 10th when Bennett was coach.

If that means I'm a Bennett nuthugger so be it.

Lol, nuthugger.

You guys are acting like David Stagg has always played like he has this year. Again, I'm definitely repeating myself. He was selected for Origin based on his form throughout those years. Also I love how responses aren't given when your opinions are being proved wrong. This place should just be called SelectiveReadingHQ. Also when you give smart ass replies and someone else does too we aren't going on tangents. You started that by being a smart ass which isn't going to help any argument you're having.

David Stagg has always been shit lol. he was selected for origin because he played for the Broncos, not because he deserved it on form. he didnt, and he never did.

you also must not have seen many tries if thaiday has set up some of the best youve ever seen lol.

"I won't take credit away from the premierships we won, even if I do believe the 2006 one was a bit lucky". That is taking credit away from the premierships he won. There were a bazillion reasons why Carroll was named in the halves, but every reason given to you guys is immediately called an excuse and therefore not true. It's been the same for weeks. And we are hardly the ones being intolerant of others opinions. Yes, Tonie Carroll and Stagg were horrible decisions for halves but again, half our team were fucking injured. Good enough "excuse", right? Of course not..

Yeah, next thing you're gonna tell me we won the premiership every year under Wayne Bennett!

Definitely better than this one. Especially with the shitty thumbs up and super mature giggling emoticon thingos that have been used excessively.
Oh, so my excessive use of emoticons is what has been bothering you so much! If only I had known that before... :rolleyes:

Oh, oops, I did it again.:bilmem:

And again! I think I'll just :tape2:

Posters need to drop the pack mentality and just discuss the points on their own merit. If a poster is being particularly stubborn, call that poster out, not whatever side he supposedly represents.

Let's rewind. Before this thread got caught up in a tirade of 'gotcha' posts we were discussing players being selected out of position to fill a gap.

Now, you can draw all sorts of examples of Bennett doing this, in-fact I'd almost go as far to say he was famous for it.

But I don't ever remember him sticking to that plan long term unless it was under extreme circumstances or heaven forbid, actually worked.

Can anyone remember an example otherwise? I promise I won't play battleship or whatever it was we were playing yesterday.

Surprised to see Shane Perry copping it. Yeah sure he wasn't the best half in the world but he was brought in to fill a crucial role - take pressure off the main man, Lockyer. Perry had a decent kicking game and a terrific kick chase. All he needed to do was chime in at certain stages to put a bit of doubt in the opposition defense. It would never work these days, however. To be a chance you really need two top quality playmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Muros
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.