The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if boyd comes back and scores a truck load of tries, all will be forgiven i'm sure

No doubt. He comes back and bags 20 odd tries for us next year, watch how many posts get 'edited' around here...

No doubt. He comes back and bags 20 odd tries for us next year, watch how many posts get 'edited' around here...

If Boyd scores 20 tries I will still be against the move. He's probably going to be better than Barba but given the cap he's still awful value. And I still think he will end up costing us either Taylor or Jayden, and whoever leaves will end up a star.

There is virtually no level that Boyd can play at that would change my mind. But happy to be wrong.

If Boyd scores 20 tries I will still be against the move. He's probably going to be better than Barba but given the cap he's still awful value. And I still think he will end up costing us either Taylor or Jayden, and whoever leaves will end up a star.

There is virtually no level that Boyd can play at that would change my mind. But happy to be wrong.

This is what worries me. Boyd wont leave the club again, we now have our fullback for the next 3 to 4 years. FML

Those are pretty much my thoughts as well, but I doubt he'll even come close, as he has never been a prolific try scorer, only going into double figures twice in his career... 2008 with 13 tries (as a winger), and 2013, with 11.

At best, he'll be a poor man's Khunt with about as much X-factor as Todd Lowrie.

Can we at least have some certain people now stop pretending that Bennett doesnt play favourites? He's moved heaven and earth to clear up enough money so he is be able to pay overs for Boyd. I can see it now........."Darius Boyd, first million dollar a year Brisbane Bronco".

Last edited:
Milford is playing Five-Eighth

Boyd > Barba
Boyd > Hoffman

I don't see how it's favouritism when he's clearly the best option available to us.

Can we at least have some certain people now stop pretending that Bennett doesnt play favourites? He's moved heaven and earth to clear up enough money so he is be able to pay overs for Boyd. I can see it now........."Darius Boyd, first million dollar a year Brisbane Bronco".
As usual you completely skew the facts to suit your hating agenda. As every sane person knows Hala was always on the outer. Kennedy was on the outer. Hoffman had already asked for a release and wanted out. Hannant was on the outer. All of them were 'gone' before WB even signed or was mooted. As far as I know Boyd hasn't signed even though it's admittedly likely. Bennett hasn't moved heaven and earth, he has released some deadwood. In Hoffmans case he simply saved the club money as Hoffman was unhappy and wanted to demand a position, something coaches find untenable. Hannant was not wanted by Griffin and was looking for a new job long before WB showed up. Hala was an unfulfilled promise and was on very little money this year and finally Kennedy was a big disappointment for most of us as we wanted him to succeed. Griffin dropped him to ISC so his departure needs no justification.

AP, Boyd will not be our highest earner over the long term, it will more likely be Hunt especially if he continues to improve.

Barba > Boyd, so it's favouritism.

Hoffman had already asked for a release and wanted out
He asked for a release 12 months ago, but wanted to stay now and had told Bennett as much. Bennett told him that if he wants to play fullback he has to go look elsewhere. Why? Because Bennett wants Boyd at fullback.

Boyd will not be our highest earner over the long term

We just signed Hunt for what, 3 years? He's on a relative pittance compared to what Boyd is currently earning. Boyd will not get less money than he is currently on, which is ~$750k. He will be our highest paid player, at least for the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Barba > Boyd, so it's favouritism.

He asked for a release 12 months ago, but wanted to stay now and had told Bennett as much. Bennett told him that if he wants to play fullback he has to go look elsewhere. Why? Because Bennett wants Boyd at fullback.

Hoffman leaving because he can't play fullback has nothing to do with Boyd. Barba would be playing fullback ahead of him anyway... So WTF are you talking about?

Do you really believe that Boyd coming has nothing to do with Hoffman being told that he won't be playing fullback?

wow. just wow.

I'm so sick of hearing about Boyd that I actually really want him to come just to piss off all the guys that keep turning every thread in to Boyd fear mongering.

Can we make mentioning Boyd a bannable offense until something official comes out. That will at least give us a few hours or days of peace before the enevitable post-Boyd signing meltdown or the endless "I told ya so"s if he doesn't come.

New flash !!!!!!!
AP believes Super coach Wayne Bennett "plays favourites", thinks you should, "believe it too."
More as this riveting story unfolds.

Do you really believe that Boyd coming has nothing to do with Hoffman being told that he won't be playing fullback?

wow. just wow.

Can you try to comprehend things before you post back your smart arse bullshit?

I'll try and simplify it for you.

With Barba at club do u think hoffman play fullback?

I'm so sick of hearing about Boyd that I actually really want him to come just to piss off all the guys that keep turning every thread in to Boyd fear mongering.

I am so with you on this it's scary

im a bit the same. never wanted boyd to come but i've accepted he is and it no longer bothers me. im happy barba is staying too. we will have to wait and see how things pan out i guess. i'll be cheering on whoevers wearing the jersey in rnd 1 so whatever.

I kind of hope Dyob decides to retire and makes this whole washing machine of finger pointing look useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.