The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milford is playing Five-Eighth

Boyd > Barba
Boyd > Hoffman

I don't see how it's favouritism when he's clearly the best option available to us.

Let's go with Boyd > Barba just for arguments sake. We don't have Boyd under contract.

Lets also assume Jamie Lyon > Justin Hodges. Again for arguments sake. Should we therefore but Lyon for almost twice what Hodges is on and still keep Hodges?

Of course not. But somehow it's okay to do so for Boyd. And the reason is favoritism.

Can you try to comprehend things before you post back your smart arse bull****?

I'll try and simplify it for you.

With Barba at club do u think hoffman play fullback?
I think Hoffman would be as much chance as Barba, as it's been speculated that Bennett is not a fan of Barba and his playing style. Hoffman is more of the Bennett fb type - safe under the high ball, runs straight back at defenders instead of trying to break the line or create an opportunity.

Let's go with Boyd > Barba just for arguments sake. We don't have Boyd under contract.

Lets also assume Jamie Lyon > Justin Hodges. Again for arguments sake. Should we therefore but Lyon for almost twice what Hodges is on and still keep Hodges?

Of course not. But somehow it's okay to do so for Boyd. And the reason is favoritism.
EXACTLY!

Boyd is in no world the "best option available to us" when we have the 2012 dally m winner who is a fullback, and another more than capable of holding his own without being too special fullback already on our payroll!!!

Why haven't we thrown the chequebook at Thurston as hes the best option available to us for halfback, since Thurston > Hunt?

We haven't because we have halfback covered, much like we easily have fullback covered.

Last edited:

Indeed we shouldn't, which is why we tried to shop around Barba, it's really not Wayne's fault that nobody wants him, he's junk.

And once again, we don't know how much Barba is on, or how much Boyd will be on. So let's stop with the speculation unless you've got proof of their exact payments, including 3rd party.

And once again, we don't know how much Barba is on, or how much Boyd will be on. So let's stop with the speculation unless you've got proof of their exact payments, including 3rd party.
ok so since we have never and will never get official confirmation of player wages i guess we should never speculate on anything wage related then?

We know for a fact that Boyd is on far more than Barba was this year, despite not knowing exact numbers. Boyds figure is between $650k and $750k from all reports, Barbas between $300k and $400k. I think its safe to assume that we will have to pay much more to get Boyd than it would cost us to keep Barba, especially since we'll have to cover some of Barbas wage if we offload him.

I am amazed at how far people will go to justify some of Bennett's decisions, including doing total 180 back-flips on their pre-WB opinions. :laugh:

It's good thing he's our new coach, as he will undoubtedly improve our team and our chances at a premiership, but he isn't infallible ffs.

I am amazed at how far people will go to justify some of Bennett's decisions, including doing total 180 back-flips on their pre-WB opinions. :laugh:

It's good thing he's our new coach, as he will undoubtedly improve our team and our chances at a premiership, but he isn't infallible ffs.

And I am amazed at how far people will go to justify there hate for Bennett.

It goes both ways on here at the moment so I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

ok so since we have never and will never get official confirmation of player wages i guess we should never speculate on anything wage related then?

We know for a fact that Boyd is on far more than Barba was this year, despite not knowing exact numbers. Boyds figure is between $650k and $750k from all reports, Barbas between $300k and $400k. I think its safe to assume that we will have to pay much more to get Boyd than it would cost us to keep Barba, especially since we'll have to cover some of Barbas wage if we offload him.

It was well publicized that we got Barba for cheap, cheaper than what we should have, keeping Barba beyond next year would require us to pay just as much as Boyd will be on, if not more.. money really isn't an issue here dude.

And I am amazed at how far people will go to justify there hate for Bennett.

It goes both ways on here at the moment so I'm not sure what you're trying to say?
Yes, it goes both ways, except I haven't seen anyone doing back-flips on the other side. Let's just leave it at that...

Yes, it goes both ways, except I haven't seen anyone doing back-flips on the other side. Let's just leave it at that...

It's shocking that people can change their mind and not just stubbornly stick to their original ideas for worry of people quoting posts from months ago... truly shocking

Like chanting Boyd Boyd Boyd... FFS that about sums any argument up.

It was well publicized that we got Barba for cheap, cheaper than what we should have, keeping Barba beyond next year would require us to pay just as much as Boyd will be on, if not more.. money really isn't an issue here dude.
But we're talking about next year and the year after, since he still has 2 years left on his contract. money is an issue when we're talking about paying over 3/4 of a million dollars for someone that we dont need in any way, shape or form..

It's shocking that people can change their mind and not just stubbornly stick to their original ideas for worry of people quoting posts from months ago... truly shocking
Yeah, Barba was much better than Boyd. Then it suddenly was the opposite... and the only thing in between those 2 statements, was... Wayne saying so.

That's... coherent.

Yeah, Barba was much better than Boyd. Then it suddenly was the opposite... and the only thing in between those 2 statements, was... Wayne saying so.

That's... coherent.

well that, and you know, a couple of months.

They only time where I was against Boyd coming when it was the suggestion that it would cost us Milford.

Since months ago more came out about Boyd's illness and my only initial concerns were around his form this year, but there is a lot that can explain that.

Just because people differ with your opinion doesn't mean 'they are going to great lengths to justify something'... they just have different opinions to you. And that's ok and not cause to have accusations thrown at them all the time

Last edited:
But we're talking about next year and the year after, since he still has 2 years left on his contract. money is an issue when we're talking about paying over 3/4 of a million dollars for someone that we dont need in any way, shape or form..

Wasn't Barba's 3rd and 4th year contact value comparable to Boyd's?

That's... coherent.

How could you possibly know how each of us rated Barba vs Boyd? I know for myself personally I thought Barba was obviously awesome in 2012, average in 2013 and below-average in 2014, with some mild improvements when he moved to Five-Eighth..

But I've always rated Boyd higher overall as a player, if I had to pick 2012 Barba vs Prime Boyd I'd probably take Barba.. but given their current state.. Boyd every day of the week for me, didn't need Bennett to tell me that.

How could you possibly know how each of us rated Barba vs Boyd? I know for myself personally I thought Barba was obviously awesome in 2012, average in 2013 and below-average in 2014, with some mild improvements when he moved to Five-Eighth..

But I've always rated Boyd higher overall as a player, if I had to pick 2012 Barba vs Prime Boyd I'd probably take Barba.. but given their current state.. Boyd every day of the week for me, didn't need Bennett to tell me that.
When did I claim that?

well that, and you know, a couple of months.
Ok, so what changed in those months? Because I don't recall Barba getting worse, or Boyd getting better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.