The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I had to pick 2012 Barba vs Prime Boyd I'd probably take Barba.. but given their current state.. Boyd every day of the week for me, didn't need Bennett to tell me that.
their current state? Boyd having one of the worst years of any current rep player in history, and Barba having an admittedly below average year (that began with numerous injuries holding him back) but started to pick up at the end - that current state?

Since months ago more came out about Boyd's illness and my only initial concerns were around his form this year, but there is a lot that can explain that.
Oh you mean that same illness that Barba also has/had, to go with his injuries and playing in an entire new team with a completely different playing structure?

Defamatory

Last edited by a moderator:
their current state? Boyd having one of the worst years of any current rep player in history, and Barba having an admittedly below average year (that began with numerous injuries holding him back) but started to pick up at the end - that current state?

Oh you mean that same illness that Barba also has/had, to go with his injuries and playing in an entire new team with a completely different playing structure?

I'm explaining why I have changed my mind, I'm not interested in another argument based on your opinions that believe everyone should take as fact

I haven't changed my mind about Boyd as most haven't. Just because a poster reconsidered their view, a mature action in any person Ap uses it as some sort of triumphal claim. AP claims Boyd is going to be paid OVER 750 k, something he cannot possibly know as he has no clue as to how much he is on now and Boyd has not publicly accepted anything from the Broncos.

He is talking through his arse which oddly enough is better than his brain. We need a good reliable fullback and Boyd is such. Fullback was a weak point all year, this is something undeniable no matter APs ridiculous statements. We finished up with a turnstile at the rear. WB , a far better credentialed judge than AP inherited Milford who he sees as a 5/8. His form at picking 5/8s is spectacular ,Walters over Lewis and Lockyer from fullback to 5/8. Both moves heavily criticised by AP types, both moves spectacular successes.

I can see Hunt, Barba, Milford and Boyd combining beautifully with Barba taking Maccas job but even without doing so, still finding a use for him. There is not point talking about Hoffman who's best suited to wing and most certainly was not superior to Boyd. Hoffman wanted to dictate where he played and there can only be one boss so I'm glad he has left. WB is not to blame. I will be surprised if Boyd signs and will be very surprised if he is the best paid member of the Broncos in the future.

Time to change your view AP, you may even gain some respect.

I think Boyd can do a good job, but I also think Barba can do a good job.

Last edited:
I am amazed at how far people will go to justify some of Bennett's decisions, including doing total 180 back-flips on their pre-WB opinions. :laugh:

It's good thing he's our new coach, as he will undoubtedly improve our team and our chances at a premiership, but he isn't infallible ffs.

Being the head of rugby league, whatever he says is gospel....so yeah

I haven't changed my mind about Boyd as most haven't. Just because a poster reconsidered their view, a mature action in any person Ap uses it as some sort of triumphal claim. AP claims Boyd is going to be paid OVER 750 k, something he cannot possibly know as he has no clue as to how much he is on now and Boyd has not publicly accepted anything from the Broncos.

He is talking through his arse which oddly enough is better than his brain. We need a good reliable fullback and Boyd is such. Fullback was a weak point all year, this is something undeniable no matter APs ridiculous statements. We finished up with a turnstile at the rear. WB , a far better credentialed judge than AP inherited Milford who he sees as a 5/8. His form at picking 5/8s is spectacular ,Walters over Lewis and Lockyer from fullback to 5/8. Both moves heavily criticised by AP types, both moves spectacular successes.

I can see Hunt, Barba, Milford and Boyd combining beautifully with Barba taking Maccas job but even without doing so, still finding a use for him. There is not point talking about Hoffman who's best suited to wing and most certainly was not superior to Boyd. Hoffman wanted to dictate where he played and there can only be one boss so I'm glad he has left. WB is not to blame. I will be surprised if Boyd signs and will be very surprised if he is the best paid member of the Broncos in the future.

100% spot on Huge

If we just want a reliable fullback, then why the **** are we getting rid of Hoffman, who is 100 times more reliable than Boyd at half the price.

Hoffman cant pass the ball. That's just one reason...

If we just want a reliable fullback, then why the **** are we getting rid of Hoffman, who is 100 times more reliable than Boyd at half the price.

Sorry mate, IMO Boyd shits all over Hoffman at fullback, plus WB said so....and WB is always right

Huge said:

AP is just as entitled to his view as you are, Huge.

mieko said:
Being the head of rugby league, whatever he says is gospel....so yeah

Are you ribbing us mieko? What do you mean?

Foordy said:

100 times safer you say? That's a really interesting figure, Foordy. How did you come to that or is that just another hyperbolic comment that does more harm for your argument than good?

Danoz Direct said:
Boyd is 100x better at passing than Hoffman, go and have a look and his highlights.

See what I mean [MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION]?

Although, Danoz is on the right page. Boyd has one of the best passing games of any fullback. Tomkins & Stewart maybe the only players who could be better.

austin71 said:
Im just excited that changes are being made. Under Griffin we were happy with mediocrity. Exciting times ahead no matter what.

Good point.

Right or wrong, I'm more excited about this season than I have been over the previous two.

Whether I would have been just as excited with Hook staying with Milford coming is definitely up for debate tho.

I really couldn't give a shit about Boyd v Barba. Its Taylor and Jayden I care about, and I don't like the signs there. I also don't give a shit if people think they are untried.

On WB himself, there are some things I really like and some I don't. I like that he's getting guys like Alfie and Kevvie back involved with the club and trying to restore the culture. I also don't mind the fact he's clearing out players like Hannant and Hoffman. On the flipside though, I'm horrified by his soon to be signing of Boyd. What I really want is the WB who had the balls to debut Hunt at fullback as a 17 year old.

What I really want is the WB who had the balls to debut Hunt at fullback as a 17 year old.

I see it as a very real possibility that he starts the season with Ofahengaue in the number 10, that's pretty ballsy after showing 3 props the door with good first grade experience.

I really hope he does as well, after watching 4 or 5 NYC games last year I saw so much brilliance to come from Ofa, he could be anything.

Would be hilarious if Boyd ends up in the centres and Barba at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.