The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canterbury star Josh Morris may rejoin St George Illawarra, admits manager

Bennett also did it with Barba just this year remember. Flat out refused to work with him and told him to leave.

Is this the craig bellamy thread is it?

I'm going to allow it. If you make a claim, you need to back it up.

Your days of bullshit are well and truly over, and you will back up your arguments properly, and you will answer questions, even if they make it look like you could be wrong.

If you can't argue your point well, don't bother arguing with other members.

Your days of bullshit are well and truly over, and you will back up your arguments properly, and you will answer questions, even if they make it look like you could be wrong.

Thankyou.

quote where i said he got rid of all the talent.

All of these changes couldve been done with the squad he inherited. Like with Newcastle, to me it just shows bennetts inability to get the best out of what he's got. His refusal to even think about working on some clearly very talented players at both clubs, rather just ship them out, doesn't make him look like a good coach.

Out of interest @Anonymous person , you made the comment that Wayne Bennett got rid of a bunch of super talented players at Newcastle, I was wondering which players you were referring to and if I may ask how exactly they're going in the NRL?

Josh Morris, zeb taia and junior sau are a few off the top of my head.

I apologise, you did not say 'all' the talent but you did clearly indicate that Bennett moved on talent from the club.

If you don't want people to discuss your replies of a young player who had 2 rep players in front of him and a couple of standard first graders, don't give them as answers.

Yeahya nashy ma boi!!!

I honestly think AP is just trollin... or he's anthony griffin

It's posters like this and the shit they are allowed to post here that is turning this place into a LU clone with it's eternal shittiness.

The fuckhead factor is getting seriously out of control in this forum.

What exactly did I say wrong?

huh?

noone was talking about bellamy, we were talking about bennett in the bennett thread. i hadnt mentioned him, i hadnt remotely referenced him, and what i said had nothing to do with him.

i dont give a shit what youll allow. I never made a claim about bellamy. I backed up my argument properly. I listed a few examples of talented players that bennett basically refused to work with and moved along. I argued my point just fine. I wasn't, however, going to argue some other point about something I wasn't even talking about (bellamy) and take it off topic. lord knows every time I say anything remotely off topic it gets moved to another thread and i get thread banned.

the only people bullshitting are the ones trying to take shots at me by making shit up and just flat out not even reading the posts. there were like 4 posts calling me out for saying someone said vidot was rubbish, saying that im making it up and noone has ever said that, despite the fact that the post that was before mine literally said that vidot is rubbish! then someone says i claimed that he got rid of ALL of the talent at Newcastle, and more people jump on board trying to badmouth me. I ask them to quote where i said that and surprise surprise, BS and excuses come out.

I apologise, you did not say 'all' the talent but you did clearly indicate that Bennett moved on talent from the club.
Yep, I clearly did - and I clearly provided examples.

He didn't move morris along because he had others in front of him, he moved him along because he didn't think he was first grade material.

Last edited:
The point Financeguy was making was that if Junior Sa'u can be considered a 'super' player then why did he only receive four games from Bellamy.

It was completely on-topic and you couldn't answer it.

huh?

noone was talking about bellamy, we were talking about bennett in the bennett thread. i hadnt mentioned him, i hadnt remotely referenced him, and what i said had nothing to do with him.

i dont give a shit what youll allow. I never made a claim about bellamy. I backed up my argument properly. I listed a few examples of talented players that bennett basically refused to work with and moved along. I argued my point just fine. I wasn't, however, going to argue some other point about something I wasn't even talking about (bellamy) and take it off topic. lord knows every time I say anything remotely off topic it gets moved to another thread and i get thread banned.

the only people bullshitting are the ones trying to take shots at me by making shit up and just flat out not even reading the posts. there were like 4 posts calling me out for saying someone said vidot was rubbish, saying that im making it up and noone has ever said that, despite the fact that the post that was before mine literally said that vidot is rubbish! then someone says i claimed that he got rid of ALL of the talent at Newcastle, and more people jump on board trying to badmouth me. I ask them to quote where i said that and surprise surprise, BS and excuses come out.

He didn't move morris along because he had others in front of him, he moved him along because he didn't think he was first grade material.

And, how do you know that Bennett moved him on because he did not want to work with him as opposed to salary cap pressure and believing that he had the centre position covered with Gasnier and Cooper??? Plus how do you know with a degree of certainty that it was in fact Bennett that moved him on?? What does get annoying is when an opinion is cited as being fact and without any evidence to back it up. In noting all of that, you may well be right, but isn't that the prerogative of a coach to choose the players he wants to work with any event??

That's one way to put it. To someone who is not purely trying to find fault in Bennett may be that he viewed Gasnier and Cooper as the superior centre options so didn't want to get into a bidding war with the Bulldogs for a player who currently had no place in the top 17 whilst working within the constraints of a salary cap.

Your Newcastle player examples were very very poor.

The point Financeguy was making was that if Junior Sa'u can be considered a 'super' player then why did he only receive four games from Bellamy.

It was completely on-topic and you couldn't answer it.
Again putting words that I didn't say into my mouth. Find where I said they were "super" players. Good luck with that.

We were discussing bennett dropping players. if you want to discuss bellamy dropping players, make a goddamn bellamy super thread. It wasn't on topic. If i was to answer it I would say "i dont know, i didnt see taia/sau again after they got dumped from the knights team". im disappointed that bellamy only gave him 4 games, but i dont know how he played in those 4 games. they were playing very good footy for newcastle before bennett showed up, and he just instantly dismissed them.

Your Newcastle player examples were very very poor.

in your opinion. In my opinion those 2 were hugely talented players, and had both cemented positions in the team. in my opinion they were great examples, as they illustrated my point exactly. hugely talented players where bennett waltzed in and just said "im not working with them, they can leave".

Last edited:
Again putting words that I didn't say into my mouth. Find where I said they were "super" players. Good luck with that.

We were discussing bennett dropping players. if you want to discuss bellamy dropping players, make a goddamn bellamy super thread. It wasn't on topic. If i was to answer it I would say "i dont know, i didnt see taia/sau again after they got dumped from the knights team". im disappointed that bellamy only gave him 4 games, but i dont know how he played in those 4 games. they were playing very good footy for newcastle before bennett showed up, and he just instantly dismissed them.

If they were as super talented as you made them out to be, then surely a coach like Bellamy or any other NRL coach would have got something out of them as opposed to a combined four games in the NRL.

You thought they were playing good football, that's the important qualifier here. Personally I think they'd been waning for sometime and it seems like every other coach in the NRL agrees.

Truly?

Happen to know which games?

Or are you getting the Cook Islands and Samoa confused with New Zealand?

sorry got the year wrong there, my mistake.

it still doesnt change anything. bennett came in and instantly just moved them along. same as he did to barba. same as he did to morris.

anyone who is saying they weren't talented didnt watch rugby league back then.

So what other players were there, AP?

i dont know, and frankly i dont care enough now to look with the way you guys are carrying on, completely fabricating bullshit, slapping each others arses, and then saying that somehow im avoiding answering questions cause it would prove me wrong.

i said there were a number of players he didnt like so got rid of, i named 3, and then the fabricating quotes started coming from your teams side. then it turned from "who did he get rid of?" to "they sucked anyway", then somehow they tried to turn it to a bellamy thread lol. ridiculous. count me out of this conversation. no point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.