The World Cup general discussion thread

The Brizz said:
That was rubbish I feel sorry for Terry and Upson the midfield gave them 0 cover all match and it only got worse as they chased the game. If Germany beat Argentina Ozil will be the player of the tournament instead of Messi.
Gareth Barry was supposedly the holding mid, he's been woeful. Englands only good midfield anchor is Owen Hargreaves and he's made of glass.

I thought the back 4 were pretty shit, especially Terry, should of put a team mates skirt on the ball he may of had more chance... but it saddens me when players put in so much effort and hard work for it to be decided by piss poor officiating, this world cup has been a disgrace, would England won if that goal was allowed, probably not, but they wouldn't off been chasing the game in the second half... but god they look pathetic at stages.

it would've been a very different game in the second half if that goal was allowed. England wouldn't have pushed as many forward on those corners and it would've been a lot harder for Germany on the counter attack. Still, Germany by far the better team and deserved the win.

Yeah, I think Germany still would have gone on to win if the goal was allowed, but it was a game changing decision, no doubt IMO. England would have had two goals in a short space of time, and with all the momentum on their side, who knows what could have happened.

The refereeing at this World Cup has been an embarrassment.

Scotty said:
The Brizz said:
That was rubbish I feel sorry for Terry and Upson the midfield gave them 0 cover all match and it only got worse as they chased the game. If Germany beat Argentina Ozil will be the player of the tournament instead of Messi.
Gareth Barry was supposedly the holding mid, he's been woeful. Englands only good midfield anchor is Owen Hargreaves and he's made of glass.

Scott Parker would've been a decent shout as well, IMO.

judging on the opening to this game..this is gonna be a cracker

After seeing the no-goal decision against England, and after seeing similar other goals disallowed (although that one, was further over the line than most of those type of no-goals), there is certainly a very good reason to at least trial video, goal line technology.

after we were eliminated, i saw in a Germany game that one of there players was hit on the arm in the exact same position as Harry Kewell and was standing in the exact same spot on the pitch. and guess what? he was not red carded. (i'm not sure he was even penalised) goes to show the benefit of playing for a football powerhouse doesn't it :roll:

pennywisealfie said:
Scotty said:
pennywisealfie said:
"finally justice is done for 44 years ago"...

will be the headlines in Deutschland tomorrow
I dunno if Germany dwells on It tbh dude. It was a massive deal at the time but they have won 3 cups lol

they still go on about it, especially uwe seeler, you always see him come out every so often say they should have won.

I really hope that finally that dickhead blatter allows video refs

Given I work for a German company and 2 of the Germans that work here both mentioned it first thing this morning, I'd say there's a fair chance that the Germans will in fact go on about it just the same as the Poms have for years!

Oh well, we were on the winning side for the 2 most important victorys :P

Man, what's going on in the football world, you've got Germany playing more like Brazil, and Brazil, well they're playing like you'd expect Germany too. Argentina versus Germany should be a great match, could be a real shootout.

Argentina may well be out for revenge. Germany put them out on penalties last world cup. As weird as it may sound, I'm glad we went out at the hands of Germany rather than Argentina, but I hope Argentina beats Germany.

I think Germany will forge on and smack up Argentina.. they will meet Spain next.

Man I hope Spain kick into gear soon

Heinze had a bit of a clash with a cameraman who got too close. [icon_lol1.

rad7D8D0.gif

Scotty said:
Man I hope Spain kick into gear soon

Torres better kick into gear more than anything. But yeah, they know what they have to do. Otherwise Portugal will embarras them.

Argentina were pretty impressive this morning, until they went up by 3 they were killing Mexico and after that they just passed them to death. Messi was again at the heart of everything and it was a good sign for the Argies that Tevez has hit his stride. The match against Germany shapes as a classic!

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.