The World Cup general discussion thread

1277478134725.gif

Uruguay through.

They're having a great World Cup.

Just finished watching the morning match after staying up for the midnight match.

Uruguay look so good! Defensively they have the setup to win a World Cup and with Forlan and Suarez they have genuine match winners up front. They were in control for huge patches last night and although they let Korea get back into it through the middle of the match they definitely always looked like the winner.

Also the morning match Ghana played some great football in the first half and withstood a battering in the second to get through with a great golden goal from Gyan. Kingston was superb in goal for Ghana and they could give Uruguay some issues on the break with some lightning fast players in their side.

This should be a great quarter final! Really starting to enjoy this World Cup now with some of these sides playing some high quality football.

What a superb showing by Ghana. I am now on the Ghana bandwagon icon_thumbs_u

yep, its all starting to come good now, excited for tonight!!

Wow, pathetic defending from England there.

Another one!

England are getting shredded here.

Long ball - Germany does it and it's "efficient", England does it and it's ugly. Crap defending there, England look shit for the most part, passes wayward, heavy touches. Only Rooney and Gerrard seem like doing anything. And ****. 2-0. Goodbye South Africa.

Upson scores!

This could turn into a thriller.

Lampard scores but the ref reckons it didn't go over the line when it was clearly over!

Crazy.

Whoah, schmix posting in the football forum? What in the heck is going on!

The ball was about 70cm over the line, unbelievable decision not to award the goal. If I was Scotty, I'd be absolutely fuming.

I'm gutted already. I don't feel confident at all. How shit is Gareth Barry btw? Usless bastard he is.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Confidor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.