The World Cup general discussion thread

Fozz said:
I don't care who wins just as long as they beat the Dutch.

There are two things I can't stand. 1) those who are intolerant of other people's cultures and 2) the Dutch.

Aren't they your sweep team? [icon_lol1.

GIOOOOOOOOOOOO! sensational goal.

ningnangnong said:
Aren't they your sweep team? [icon_lol1.

Yes, and I hate them for it! Blasted clog wearing pot smokers!

Spain look awesome pity they haven't got a goal yet, Pedro looks right at home in from the start. Oezil penalty shout was close but I think it was pretty accidental contact and Oezil had already stuffed the chance with heavy control.

PUYOL!!!!!!!!!! I love the man! deserved the goal and the win, they dominated from the start and should beat Holland on form. Viva Espana!!!!!!!!!

How awesome is it that a country who hasn't won the world cup before is gonna win it? Fantastic for the game. Here's hoping Spain can take it out!

great result, Im very sad for Pedro for the **** up, he was playing the game of his life before that.

Go Puyol! Iniesta is really coming on as well. He will be insane in the final.

pennywisealfie said:
great result, Im very sad for Pedro for the **** up, he was playing the game of his life before that.

What was he thinking?

I think he had too much time and space which often is the undoing of players, less time and he makes a quick instinctive decision to shoot or pass.

I think he just wanted all the glory TBH.

He'll learn from that though.

ningnangnong said:
I think he just wanted all the glory TBH.

He'll learn from that though.

I'm sure the gaffer would have had a word as well

Just been to a coaching conference tonight and Ron Smith spoke about the Socceroos preparation, especially for the Germans and how Ballacks withdrawl threw all there plans into caos because the Germans changed their whole structure and lineup, which was interesting to hear and possibly the reason why Verbeek changed things up.

He would not slag off at Verbeek but you could tell he did not agree with what was done. It was a fantastic presentation showing behind the scenes vision of training, explaining what was going on and the role the staff all played over a 6 month period leading into the WC. Back tomorrow and he is doing some field sessions which will be good to see along with some Chelskiscum coaches

awesome stuff Russo. woulda been very interesting.

I just saw that Crujff is now saying that he will be supporting Spain over Netherlands since Spain play the Crujff way haha.

Had a long talk to Ron tonight down at the Brisbane Wolves Premier League game, great guy (even better when I found out he played a season on youth at Spurs), real knock about type and said a lot more tonight in private than he did to an audience yesterday...............nothing that I can sprout here but haha

3rd Place Playoff was pretty entertaining stuff. End to end and plenty of goals, Forlan was great again and he will be unlucky to miss out on player of the tournament but Sneijder will win it for sure if Holland win the tournament. Scored a great volley tonight and almost sent it to extra time with a free kick off the bar.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • marw
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • ettybay
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Astro
  • kman
  • Mr Fourex
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.