Third Party Agreements

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
I havent read to much about this.

But obviously on the broncos v raiders matchup you guys had the advantage there.

With FNF as it is, you may need more then that graph to dispel the rumours.

The thing about the perpetual Thursday/Friday night scheduling for the Broncos that really shits me (and I'm sure many other Broncos fans) is that while the other fans are whining what an unfair advantage we have, while we hate it.
Thursday/Friday nights rule out trips to Brisbane for the many fans who live out of town.
I would kill for an occasional Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday game so I could bring the kids and make a day out of it.
As it is it is a mad rush to knock off work and head down the highway get a park have a feed etc etc.
While all the other fans are saying how we get an easy run I know the Broncos would like some family friendly weekend games.
The fact that we always pack 30k to 40k into Suncorp on shitty Thursday and Friday nights just shows what a great fan base the club has. Imagine what could happen with some regular weekend action that the country based fans could attend??

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
In the backline it tends to be who you match up on who.

Arguably if you put oates against rapana... we would take every skin.

In the forwards. same thing.

Paulo knocks off blair..

If you match up gillett with papalii, papalii eats him, put whitehead against thaiday, whitehead wins.

On the bench you want one utility which would go to baptiste, maybe ese'ese and pangai get a spot over big dave taylor as he is in and out of the raiders side (which is more then tpj achieved). Other spots go to soliola and tapine.

Thus canberra could win easily, but you have put ur best winger on our weakest. Best second rower against our weakest. You gave croker the skin which I agree with but not on goal kicking, even when croker was shit he always owned roberts.

Blair doesnt even belong there over boyd or paulo and lol at sims being anywhere near anything.

I could go into more detail but I think the strength you have at fullback halves, is not greater then where we are ahead of you guys in the forwards and in the outside backs... and tbh the benches are about even but yours doesnt feel as weak because your starting pack is significately lighter then ours.

As for the 13-12 win, well done, you played tough for the entire 80 u blokes deserved it.

But we did have a few factors against us that we wont always have.
- away
- 5 day turnaround against the broncos usual 7
- broncos are a bit of bogey team for us as they love getting into a grind, and we have major mental weaknesses in our players that sometimes they just do stupid shit when the going gets tough, but I am sure that will improve as they get more experience.
- Look at the quality of the tries scored. The mcclulloch try, was soft garbage from us, that we have let happen in three games straight, one would hope that would be fixed soon enough and we all know that middle spacing can be fixed easy enough, the broncos are especially good at it.
- the boyd try, I turned the game off at this point, it was too painful watching the exact same play / def read mistakes made from last year where we got beaten on this.
- whereas both our werent due to fucking woeful / fixable defence but good attack.

We get our shit together and we win. Your highest cap is only high if boyd/milf have a field day.

Eitherway, I think you have a strong team and will be playing finals footy with us, but I just think if both sides play to there absolute peak we have more.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present delusion.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Oops, my mistake. Came in here to read about Jack Bird signing...

ASCIOtM.gif

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
If Wayne makes the call it's on the cap and you are capped at $300,000 for your top 25. That's a small piece of pie.

He needs to do it himself to be cap free; which I am doubting has been done in the last week.

Potential there for sure, but picking a club would have been his priority.

Sponsors like to know you're liked first, a NSW playing in Brisbane won't have immediate results especially when you're a little stand offish.

Boyd didn't have many deals the first time round because of his personality.

come on 1910, we are in denial if we think things dont happen like this. this sort of stuff happens in everyday business as well. wayne could lean on any business or people he knows for support, which is part of the pulling power he has. other clubs are jealous because of that. bennett is the brisbane version of politis which is why the chooks get hammered for the same stuff.
"hey mate, trying to get a kid here. big future ahead and the club needs him, need your support, ill pass his managers details on to you"
its not so much about the sponsorship but the feeling some of these corporates or businesses get to be associated with the club and also the access they get as well.
some may find it strange but it does happen that a lot of people want to be a part of something, being an nrl club and are happy to pay good loot to do so.
the club hasnt officicially organised anything but its similar to everyday business - intro's and referrals made everyday for new business deals.
i agree around boyd first time around, but his profile at the same age of bird was no where near as strong and he wasnt seen as a high priority to the club. locky and the crew were still at the club so boyd was right down the order. this has now changed.
i couldnt afford to clip some one $50k for a guest appearance at my work, but there are plenty of SME businesses out there that can. no doubt they probably have a crafty accountant too

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Please tell me that the majority of broncos fans accept the common knowledge that TPAs are mostly organised through the clubs and only available whilst the player is at that club.

Again google jarryd haynes TPA and what the guy who organised that would do if he left the GC.

But if you want to go against common rugby league knowledge and suggest that tpa's are available to players the same regardless of club, how about you prove your point with your special sources.

Honestly.

I get that the guy is a broncos fan, and I get that you guys hate the moderating on the gh, but when people are so naive and flat out wrong, why do you join the chorus of wrongness instead of just owning up to the truth. WHEN THE TRUTH BENEFITS YOUR CLUB???

Just one little example, it's all I ask...

As it is such common knowledge apparently, surely that 'common knowledge' is based off an actual example or even (dare I ask?) more than one?

As you are making the accusation, I am simply asking you to verify your opinion. Convince me buddy. Show us where we get this unfair advantage from, that so many know about, yet clearly struggle to articulate...

PS: if you are going to use the word 'bias and mong' in the sentence, please use the correct tense. It would be 'biased mong.' Wouldn't want any to start thinking of you, that which you throw out so readily...

Last edited:
J

johnny plath

QCup Player
Jul 16, 2014
For some reason there is so much vitriol towards brisbane for this signing it's really full retard...way more than any other signing and no idea why. Is it because newcastle missed out. ..fucked if i know. Even meninga put in his two bobs worth on the footy feeling sorry for sharks. The shit being slung is so baseless it's ridiculous. ..have a look at our team. .either developed by us or rescued from other clubs scrapheaps with milford the exception:

Boyd - nrl debut with Bronx
Kahu- bronx nyc
Roberts - troubled player booted by several clubs
Moga - saved from NQ scrap heap
Oates - bronx nyc
Milford - raiders developed we bought
Hunt/Nikorima - both bronx nyc
Blair- shit at tigers and shopped cheap
McCullough - bronx nyc
Sims- bronx nyc and unwanted at knights
Gillette - not sure if nyc but nrl debut bronx
Thaiday - debut with bronx
Macguire- bronx nyc

Then there's players we let go playing this round:
Developed Broncos at other clubs
Gagai copely Taylor Wallace Lui
T Sims Beale hoffman Norman Eastwood

I don't get it. . There's no middle ground...we rort the cap but apparently our squad is shit...which is it. ..it's so pathetic.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
For some reason there is so much vitriol towards brisbane for this signing it's really full retard...way more than any other signing and no idea why. Is it because newcastle missed out. ..fucked if i know. Even meninga put in his two bobs worth on the footy feeling sorry for sharks. The shit being slung is so baseless it's ridiculous. ..have a look at our team. .either developed by us or rescued from other clubs scrapheaps with milford the exception:

Kahu- bronx nyc
Oates - bronx nyc
McCullough - bronx nyc
Macguire- bronx nyc

I don't get it. . There's no middle ground...we rort the cap but apparently our squad is shit...which is it. ..it's so pathetic.

we could seriously let every single player in our squad go ... and replace them with a team of rookies who have never played a single NRL game and opposition fans would still think we were paying them all 1 million + a season and are rorting the cap .. lol

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
come on 1910, we are in denial if we think things dont happen like this. this sort of stuff happens in everyday business as well. wayne could lean on any business or people he knows for support, which is part of the pulling power he has. other clubs are jealous because of that. bennett is the brisbane version of politis which is why the chooks get hammered for the same stuff.
"hey mate, trying to get a kid here. big future ahead and the club needs him, need your support, ill pass his managers details on to you"
its not so much about the sponsorship but the feeling some of these corporates or businesses get to be associated with the club and also the access they get as well.
some may find it strange but it does happen that a lot of people want to be a part of something, being an nrl club and are happy to pay good loot to do so.
the club hasnt officicially organised anything but its similar to everyday business - intro's and referrals made everyday for new business deals.
i agree around boyd first time around, but his profile at the same age of bird was no where near as strong and he wasnt seen as a high priority to the club. locky and the crew were still at the club so boyd was right down the order. this has now changed.
i couldnt afford to clip some one $50k for a guest appearance at my work, but there are plenty of SME businesses out there that can. no doubt they probably have a crafty accountant too

And you see there - the reason we are able to do this is because people want to be involved with the Broncos. They're willing, chuffed even, to be able to help out the club. I'm that instance, we should be well behind the Gold Coast, and not significantly different to the Raiders, or even the Cowboys or Knights with their mining money. The difference, like I said is, those clubs don't have people falling over themselves to be involved with us in some way. That comes down to culture and integrity, and nothing to do with location.

How come no one ever, ever, calls out the Warriors for being a one COUNTRY team??? Surely they should be owning everyone on 3rd party deals????

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Kahu- bronx nyc
Oates - bronx nyc
McCullough - bronx nyc
Macguire- bronx nyc

Tall Poppy Syndrome. They were hoping beyond hope that his subpar time at Newcastle was the end of him, that there was no way "Bennett's Broncos" were gonna rise from the grave, but Bennett yet again has proven the haters wrong and they've got the shits hard. His aura is not gone, he is still capable of building and man managing incredible squads and even a young talented player who is probably destined to be a NSW great wants to play under him at a QLD club. That part must really sting. Interesting to note though that the Titans didn't get a similar ribbing when they picked up Hayne, but oh no the Tits are a threat to nobody and have no history of success so it doesn't matter as much.

Can't really say the same about us, can you. NSW had some great club teams in the 90's; St. George, Manly, Canterbury, Newcastle with Johns, yet we outclassed them all, some of which in Grand Finals. The salt is as real now as it was then, make no mistake.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
How come no one ever, ever, calls out the Warriors for being a one COUNTRY team??? Surely they should be owning everyone on 3rd party deals????

Bad example iyam..

NZ has approximately the population of Qld and Rugby Union is a religion there

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Tall Poppy Syndrome. They were hoping beyond hope that his subpar time at Newcastle was the end of him, that there was no way "Bennett's Broncos" were gonna rise from the grave, but Bennett yet again has proven the haters wrong and they've got the shits hard. His aura is not gone, he is still capable of building and man managing incredible squads and even a young talented player who is probably destined to be a NSW great wants to play under him at a QLD club. That part must really sting. Interesting to note though that the Titans didn't get a similar ribbing when they picked up Hayne, but oh no the Tits are a threat to nobody and have no history of success so it doesn't matter as much.

Can't really say the same about us, can you. NSW had some great club teams in the 90's; St. George, Manly, Canterbury, Newcastle with Johns, yet we outclassed them all, some of which in Grand Finals. The salt is as real now as it was then, make no mistake.

Pretty much sums it up....

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
Just one little example, it's all I ask...

As it is such common knowledge apparently, surely that 'common knowledge' is based off an actual example or even (dare I ask?) more than one?

As you are making the accusation, I am simply asking you to verify your opinion. Convince me buddy. Show us where we get this unfair advantage from, that so many know about, yet clearly struggle to articulate...

PS: if you are going to use the word 'bias and mong' in the sentence, please use the correct tense. It would be 'biased mong.' Wouldn't want any to start thinking of you, that which you throw out so readily...
I do not care if you are not convinced. The Jarryd Hayne is a good example because a bit of it has been played out in the papers.

Most TPAs for every club would be organised by the club, your club and you should be proud of it, imo has the capacity to organise more then any other club.

If you believe another club is more professional and better at getting more money to players through TPAs I welcome your suggestion.

But as for the verification you ask for you cant verify it either way unless you break into the nrls servers and post the list of the tpas and you can make a further detailed opinion from there.

Oddly enough my brothers a massive broncos fan and he does not have an issue supporting them and there TPAs like you seem to. You seem to be ashamed of it?

Whilst the rules are as they are, I hope ricky gets as many TPAs as he can. He certainly has improved that for us, as has been reported.

If you dont want to be referred to as a homer. Dont be a homer.
If you dont want me to refer to you as a biased mong, try being less biased.

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
And you see there - the reason we are able to do this is because people want to be involved with the Broncos. They're willing, chuffed even, to be able to help out the club. I'm that instance, we should be well behind the Gold Coast, and not significantly different to the Raiders, or even the Cowboys or Knights with their mining money. The difference, like I said is, those clubs don't have people falling over themselves to be involved with us in some way. That comes down to culture and integrity, and nothing to do with location.

I agree with your sentiment, your club has its advantages as all clubs do but unlike the warriors it actually uses them.

Your club is run well and should be proud of it.

However, the more time I spend on this forum, it makes me question?

Are these people who dont know how tpas are working in the nrl, just stupid? or is it a rugby league passion thing?

I.e. they would prefer a more equitable system, for rugby league, and casnt reconcile the two loves of rugby league and of the broncos so they just put there head in the sand and come off as stupid?

I dont know.

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
dTxQOp1.png

The Rabbits have more than we do.
Thursday night footy has eaten into your distribution.

Sad that the rabbitohs get so much fta considering how they are playing at the moment.

Look I am not huge on turn arounds, I just raised that as one of a few factors that disadvantaged us going into that match.

Like in the NBA playing a back to back.

What little importance there is in turn arounds, in my opinion, the importance isnt in average days turnaround. Its the turn around you get as against the turn around of the other side.

I.e.

Team A and Team B
A 5 days B 7 days
A 5 days B 9 days
IMO in both scenarios team A is disadvantage by about the same, the extra two days isnt going to get you much more.

or alternatively
A 7 days B 8 days
not really much in it.

FTR the average day turn around with everyone playing 24 gays is just the date you play your last game less the amount of days since your first game divided by 24, hence why this stat, although nyou made a nice graph doesnt give you much of substance.

Though I appreciate the thought that went into your post.

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
The thing about the perpetual Thursday/Friday night scheduling for the Broncos that really shits me (and I'm sure many other Broncos fans) is that while the other fans are whining what an unfair advantage we have, while we hate it.
Thursday/Friday nights rule out trips to Brisbane for the many fans who live out of town.
I would kill for an occasional Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday game so I could bring the kids and make a day out of it.
As it is it is a mad rush to knock off work and head down the highway get a park have a feed etc etc.
While all the other fans are saying how we get an easy run I know the Broncos would like some family friendly weekend games.
The fact that we always pack 30k to 40k into Suncorp on shitty Thursday and Friday nights just shows what a great fan base the club has. Imagine what could happen with some regular weekend action that the country based fans could attend??

I agree to an extent.

it doesnt help you guys in building a culture of bringing kids and a family, but niether does your pricing.

It does help bring a culture of attendance in the sense that your fans should always generally know when a game is on, whether on fta or at the game.

I think the broncos and all clubs will be helped by the schedule when the nrl takes back control from the networks in 2018.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Spoon
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Cavalo
  • The Boss
  • Painin the Haas
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Volvo Driver
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.