Those were the days...

Scotty said:
I want to get a copy of the dogs semi final match, that was one of the greatest comebacks ever.

Plus it has an up close shot of me in it!!! Of course, I am in the crowd looking depressed, but what people didn't ralise, is I was just trying to hide from the destruction that is Steve Price.

IMO 1990 is the year the Broncos really came to age, sure they got done in the end by a red hot Canberra, but they showed the sort of football they were capable of when they were consistant performers, that side really showed the future talent the Broncos would enjoy for years to come. Paul Hauff was one of my favourite players when I was younger, what a shame how his career ended [icon_thumbs_do

GCBRONCO said:
IMO 1990 is the year the Broncos really came to age, sure they got done in the end by a red hot Canberra, but they showed the sort of football they were capable of when they were consistant performers, that side really showed the future talent the Broncos would enjoy for years to come. Paul Hauff was one of my favourite players when I was younger, what a shame how his career ended [icon_thumbs_do

I must agree - and I really enjoyed watching Hauff play.

Yep, true GC. 1991 is still considered by the club as the one that got away. A missed opportunity. They had the cattle and the momentum from 1990, but they just couldn't get it together during the season.

Obviously, I have the same level of IT skillz, as the NSW forward pack have footballing ability, however, is there someway all you guys get around the "buffering" problem when watching bigpond footy????? Other than just pause and waiting for it to dowload, because when I do that, it always screws up??

Coxy said:
Yep, true GC. 1991 is still considered by the club as the one that got away. A missed opportunity. They had the cattle and the momentum from 1990, but they just couldn't get it together during the season.

They also did it without the King for a considerable amount of the season, I think it actually helped Kevin Walters in a way and why he had such a strong season for the Broncos, immense pressure placed on him week in and week out to perform. Lets not forget this side won 11 games in a row and in a sudden death finals match against Manly won 12-4 despite having 5 rep players sidelined and losing Gaven Allen 17 minutes into the game. Lets also not forget the reserve grade side won its first ever premiership displaying the sort of depth the club was lacking in the first two seasons.

Overall I think we were pretty unlucky in 1990-1991, I wonder what sort of difference having Lazo would have made in those two seasons?

Hammo said:
Obviously, I have the same level of IT skillz, as the NSW forward pack have footballing ability, however, is there someway all you guys get around the "buffering" problem when watching bigpond footy????? Other than just pause and waiting for it to dowload, because when I do that, it always screws up??

I think the only solution is a better (faster) interweb connection.

Actually I just gave it a go. Try right clicking on the video and you will get a context menu. Go to options. Then the third option there (looks like a folder) is Local Storage - up it all the way.

2006 was a ripper for the successes and the fact that Lockyer proved all the doubters wrong. They said he should play fullback, they said he shouldn't be Australian 5/8th, they said he shouldn't captain Queensland and BAM TAKE THAT FUCKERS!!!!!!!

1998 - well what a team that was. Lockyer, Renouf, Smith, Sailor, Walters, Langer, Webcke, Tallis and Carroll (just to mention a few) in the same friggen team!!!!!!!!!

ON the contrary - 2001 was the most disappointing for me. I really believe that if we didn't lose Tallis, Ikin, Prince and Berrigan to bad injuries we would've given it a real shake. Prince wasn't firing at all that season but he was just coming good at that stage IMO. We had plenty of players missing when we lost to Parra in the prelim final and went pretty close on that occasion!!!

So many great memories from the Broncos, it's hard to just pin point one game as their best or most memorable ever.

Some forumers have mentioned some great games and memories.

But for me, it would have to be Allan Cann's try against the Bulldogs in the 1993 semi, when Ray Warren said " someone stop him he'll run out of the stadium". That was another game the Broncos trailed by a few tries and won in the second half, brilliant game.

One of my favourite games was the one against Newcastle at ANZ Stadium in 2002. Blockbuster clash and lived up to the hype. Broncos down 12-0 early and Johns was dominating, but the forwards really lifted and we came back to take the game 18-12. That was the single best game I have ever seen Michael De Vere play. Also the game where Andrew Gee kicked the 40/20 [eusa_clap.gi

I have said it before, and I said it in 04/05 when many on here knocked him constantly.....Berrigan is sensational. I think he is related to Steve Price

Jebadude said:
One of my favourite games was the one against Newcastle at ANZ Stadium in 2002. Blockbuster clash and lived up to the hype. Broncos down 12-0 early and Johns was dominating, but the forwards really lifted and we came back to take the game 18-12. That was the single best game I have ever seen Michael De Vere play. Also the game where Andrew Gee kicked the 40/20 [eusa_clap.gi

That's the game I have probably replayed the most, sadly my VHS player chewed that tape up not so long ago.

That was when Tallis told the ref Paul Simpkins to put himself on report and get some glasses lol.

I laugh everytime I watch that 40/20 from Gee.

Then just before fulltime Gee puts on a classic tackle on Johns and absolutely smashes him, that was friggin gold.

Jebadude said:

I was there, sitting in the outer, right on the corner where De Vere did that chip and chase....w0w

Does anyone have a copy of the game against the Knights in 2002 by any chance?? Or know where it could be found??

2002 is by far and away, the year we could have and should have won the comp.....cheers Bill Harrigan. [icon_thumbs_do

Hammo said:
Scotty said:
I want to get a copy of the dogs semi final match, that was one of the greatest comebacks ever.

Plus it has an up close shot of me in it!!! Of course, I am in the crowd looking depressed, but what people didn't ralise, is I was just trying to hide from the destruction that is Steve Price.

You were in that? It must have been in the first half - I've never watched that replay [icon_lol1.

That would have been the best game to go to!!

Anyone remember the game where Aeetee, Mick, Jeb and I can be seen behind Mick De Vere taking a conversion doing a Rock impersonation? :P

Cheers big ears! :P

Not back! Forwards and outwards!
And yes, we were puffing our cheeks out...and in those days for me that was HUGE!!!! :P

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Spoon
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.