Those were the days...

Coxy said:
Anyone remember the game where Aeetee, Mick, Jeb and I can be seen behind Mick De Vere taking a conversion doing a Rock impersonation? :P

Cheers big ears! :P

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Good times.

mick! said:
Coxy said:
Anyone remember the game where Aeetee, Mick, Jeb and I can be seen behind Mick De Vere taking a conversion doing a Rock impersonation? :P

Cheers big ears! :P

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Good times.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Awesome awesome!!!!! We rock!!!! _woohoo_

We rocked...until we got scattered and dispersed around the stadium. Never been the same :-(

Though it is still the height of awesomeness going to footy with Aeetee and Flutterby! Pity the Flutter in my heart ain't going to be there this weekend.

Coxy said:
We rocked...until we got scattered and dispersed around the stadium. Never been the same :-(

Though it is still the height of awesomeness going to footy with Aeetee and Flutterby! Pity the Flutter in my heart ain't going to be there this weekend.

I dunno, over there was fun, but I love the Western Stand icon_thumbs_u

I don't like how you guys had to move. I used to love looking back over my shoulder and you giving shit to that out fart in front of you [icon_lol1.

Oh man don't get me started on that old fart! He spent more time looking over his shoulder to gaze lovingly at Wayne Bennett in the coach's box than watching the game.

Old fucking turd :P

We have a bit of fun with the guys directly behind us now...even if he spills beer on Flutterby occasionally.
Plus melz is nearby, so she lifts the attractiveness of the bay by about 100% :P

Broncos08 said:
Jebadude said:
One of my favourite games was the one against Newcastle at ANZ Stadium in 2002. Blockbuster clash and lived up to the hype. Broncos down 12-0 early and Johns was dominating, but the forwards really lifted and we came back to take the game 18-12. That was the single best game I have ever seen Michael De Vere play. Also the game where Andrew Gee kicked the 40/20 [eusa_clap.gi

That's the game I have probably replayed the most, sadly my VHS player chewed that tape up not so long ago.

That was when Tallis told the ref Paul Simpkins to put himself on report and get some glasses lol.

I laugh everytime I watch that 40/20 from Gee.

Then just before fulltime Gee puts on a classic tackle on Johns and absolutely smashes him, that was friggin gold.

A very, very memorable game, arguable the most memroable Broncos vs Knights match...
The best bit is when Gee kicks the 40/20 and shrugs and jogs to the scurm like he does them every match. gold.

Coxy said:
Oh man don't get me started on that old fart! He spent more time looking over his shoulder to gaze lovingly at Wayne Bennett in the coach's box than watching the game.

Old **** turd :P

We have a bit of fun with the guys directly behind us now...even if he spills beer on Flutterby occasionally.
Plus melz is nearby, so she lifts the attractiveness of the bay by about 100% :P

Haha yes we've made good mates with the people around us as well. My favourite is this bloke that hates touch judges. Everytime a call is made, the touchie cops it [icon_lol1. And everytime they go to the video ref he'll either say "It's a try but they won't give it a try" (if it's a potential Broncos try) or "It's not a try but they'll give it a try" (if its a potential opposition try) [icon_lol1.

The fans at Suncorp may not be loud but the ones I've associated with are great to watch footy with icon_thumbs_u

Agreed!

The guy behind us thought the ref in the Cowboys game was Paul Simpkins and kept shouting out "you're useless Simpkins" all game until I got frustrated and told him it was Sean Hampstead.

Every game since he's said to us "Guys, stop bagging Simpkins, he's retired, it's not him!" LOL

[icon_lol1.

We had this bloke that hated Toovey too when he kept going on the field against Manly!! You'd think an old bloke yelling 'GET OFF THE FIELD TOOVEY' every set of 6 would get annoying but it was quality stuff [eusa_clap.gi

Jebadude said:
[icon_lol1.

We had this bloke that hated Toovey too when he kept going on the field against Manly!! You'd think an old bloke yelling 'GET OFF THE FIELD TOOVEY' every set of 6 would get annoying but it was quality stuff [eusa_clap.gi

That sounds A lot like my cousin actually.

Going to Broncos vs Manly games with my cousin was alway eventful lol.

He also used to say " Smash Toovey's D*ck into the ground"

We hate Manly especially Toovey with a passion

We we are sitting we usually get the opposition supporters behind us. Best one was the Wests Tigers, yelling out donkeys and shit, giving Mick shit (in a real slum like accent) ; so when the Hunter kicks a field goal, Mick turns around and gives him a thumbs up or middle finger (can't remember which). Also part of the game was abusing Bryce Gibbs and giving him meows. Glorius.

Probably not a good idea to stir up the Bulldogs supporters

Spud: Was that guy at the Tigers game wearing a Rabbitohs jersey? I know Tee and I had some fun with the guy because he was going on a rant about how the Tigers are a foundation club and the "donkeys" didn't come in for 80 years. That without foundation clubs there wouldn't be a comp, blah blah blah.

Absolute troglodyte.

^^^^ Nah that was some other dickhead. If you got there early enough,you would of heard him absolutely hammer Ben Hunt in the 20's after he dropped the ball. He was going on for about 2-3 minutes. Ben Hunt looks up at him with a depresed look on his face.

BTW Coxy I was actually going to introduce myself to you (when I found out it was you), but you walked away before I got the chance.

Ah ok. Well, may get another chance at a game soon! That was a rare opportunity when my ex-wife who sits with that mob wasn't going to be there :P

The Rock said:
If Allan Langer didn't retire in 1999, we would have won the comp that year too I reckon. We lost I think 8 of our first 10 games, Langer had retired weeks earlier and we were sitting dead last. Then out of nowhere we won 11 in a row and out of our last 15 games we only lost 1! (And a draw against Manly at Brookie...terrible day.) I remember after round 26 TAB had us as premiership favourites again.

Then we lost to Cronulla in the Qualifying Final and that was the end of that. We got smashed in that game, but something still tells me that the game was one of those games where we really needed out little general.

2001 got away from us too, I agree Jeb. We had a shocking end to the season but ended up making it to the Prelim. Was a close game against Parra but we really needed Tallis and Ikin that day. HOWEVER, if we had of beat the Eels I am not sure if we would have beaten Newcastle - No one was going to beat them that night, they were tremendous.

1995 and 1996 for me were great years that many people forget. Sure, we didn't win the comp but the regular season consisted of so many good wins (and a great run into the finals). Massive shame that we choked massively in all games in the finals in both years I think. (Semi Final loss against Cronulla in 1996 was the most hurtful)

wouldn't it have been nice if Alfie and Joey played off in a GF....like if the scenario Broncos v Eels 2001 happenned and Alfie had returned to Bronx immediately after Origin 3...that would've been a good match.

Spud said:
We we are sitting we usually get the opposition supporters behind us. Best one was the Wests Tigers, yelling out donkeys and shit, giving Mick shit (in a real slum like accent) ; so when the Hunter kicks a field goal, Mick turns around and gives him a thumbs up or middle finger (can't remember which).

[icon_lol1.

It was the thumbs up, and I blew him a kiss for good measure. Westie trash at its finest, he was [icon_lol1.

i loved when matt cecchin binned alfie langer in 2002 for calling him an "expletive dumbo". It was against the cowboys, we were thrashing them and the crowd there was only about 10,000 or so. Really small crowd, no contest so dead atmosphere at ANZ but gee that got the crowd going, seeing alf getting binned by a rookie ref.

6 years on and I see matt cecchin finally gets another run as ref this weekend.....

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Thelmus
  • johnny plath
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • mieko
  • Porthoz
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.