CONTROVERSIAL Thought experiment - Who coaches after Kevvy?

Who is Your Preferred Likely Available Option?

• Michael Hagan

• Neil Henry

• Paul Green

• Cameron Ciraldo

• Josh Hannay

• Josh Morris

• Jason Ryles

• Kevin Walters

• Shane Flanagan

• Shaun Wane

• Adrian Lam

• Antonio Landtimid

• Brad Thorn

• Billy Slater

• Cameron Smith

• Justin Hodges

• The Walker Brothers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Thorn but he's won 22/47 games at the Reds and the last two years have just involved the Australian teams so that makes it hard to get a read.

He's improved them no doubt but he hasn't been coaching League and to hire a non-league coach would be bold.
The club gave a crazy scientist / statistician a 6 year, $6 million contract; so would a rah-rah coach really be that bold?

The club gave a crazy scientist / statistician a 6 year, $6 million contract; so would a rah-rah coach really be that bold?
and you'd have to think they've learnt from that mistake.

surely?

what's your thoughts mate?
i wouldn't have a clue , slim pickings imo.
is there any options in cup that could transition into a gun coach?

No one has ever gone from Cup to NRL and If the Broncos needed a coach they're not going to be bold enough to do it.

I honestly don't know.

The issue would be if the Broncos needed a new coach they're not going well- so they're not going to be able to be outrageous and hire a ISC coach- they're going to be conservative.

But you could argue that the teams down the bottom struggling have played all their cards and maybe it's time to be bold but I think Seibold has ruined that for the Broncos.

The Storm and Roosters did it with Bellamy and Robinson. So I am certainly not saying that it can't be done but you need to get it right.

Kristian Woolf or Ciraldo.

I'm with Nashy, I don't know if I could stomach Green as our coach.

Woolf burnt the Broncos before, he's gone away and learnt a few lessons but I would still be wary.

Woolf burnt the Broncos before, he's gone away and learnt a few lessons but I would still be wary.
what happened there? He was an assistant to Griffith in 2012-14 wasn't he ?

No one has ever gone from Cup to NRL and If the Broncos needed a coach they're not going to be bold enough to do it.

I honestly don't know.
yeah was more thinking working under Kevie and doing something of an apprenticeship, although i think that boat has sailed also.

I would like to give ciraldo a shot, but other options could include; Henry, hagan or elliot.

there is a former NRL coach available right now, one who i thought did a remarkable job given the circumstances.

His name is Josh Morris...
josh Hannah also but still plenty of questions to be asked

Ricky Stuart (if available)
Neil Henry
Michael Hagan

Safe, sensible choices.

But with the way the game is going, I would honestly consider giving the Walker brothers their shot.

Have added a poll, please choose preferred option and if other, please state who.

So, lets ignore that I am seriously jumping the gun with this one. I for one really want the Broncos and Kev to succeed this year and if we have a good few seasons in the next few years, possibly throw in a few semi's or a GF, Broncos fans will love him even more and he can coach for life........or until the next time we drop out of the 8.

The issue is that the jury is still out on whether Kevvy can actually coach. There still seem to be player rumblings, the annual Haas is unhappy articles (at least he didn't get arrested this preseason, so things are looking up), the leaks from within the sheds, the constant contract chatter. I know this the RL and this is all but inevitable, but these are not things you want to associate with a settled and happy team.

Dave and Ikin have brought some smarts back into the place, so they would be seeing all of this too. They know Kevvy is still finding his feet and is dealing with some fallout from the previous coach who shall not be named and have given him support and cut him some slack.

BUT, they would also be very silly if they were not already thinking about succession plans. I see this going 2 or 3 ways -

1. Best option, we make the 8 this year. We're the best team in QLD again and we make a few more solid signings at the end of the year after Oates, Isaako etc finish up. Next year is a top 4 possibility, the young guys are improving and Kev gets an extension (he is on month to month atm). the argument around his coaching ability dies off. We have a long term coach and are all happy.

2. We don't improve enough to make the 8 this year but we are close. Kev is on his last legs, next year is make or break. Dave and Ikin have 24 months to find the next coach and plan. We should know by the mid season how likely this is and can start putting things in motion.

3. We lose 10 straight to start the season, Kevvy is not coaching next year. He bought is half back and some senior players, but just doesn't have what it takes to coach at this level. We need someone asap.

So...........who is the Broncos next coach?

• I would have loved to try and get Robinson from the the Roosters, but he has just extended.
  • Bellamy always flirts with us every time there is a rumour of troubled waters at the Broncos, but nothing ever eventuates.
  • We lost our previous backup when he followed Benny to the Rabbids
  • Do we take a punt on Flannagan.....the only premiership winning coach that seems available...possibly Sticky falls into this category as Canberra is not going too well the last few years.
  • Hodges...Walker twins?

TLDR;
Heaven forbid Kevvy stinks it up, who is our next coach? Do we go someone fresh and take the risk of having 3 coaches in a row light on experience? Is there a senior coach even remotely possible to attract? Is there someone from the ESL worth a punt? Someone from Grade?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

PS, don't crucify me, we're definitely making the top 8 this year.....probably.....i think/hope/pray........please Lord don't let us go through this again. 🙏:kimlo:
What about Christian Woolf??

Neil Henry
Michael Hagan

Safe, sensible choices.

But with the way the game is going, I would honestly consider giving the Walker brothers their shot.
hagan and Henry have been out of the loop , would consider for assistant coaches but not head .
Flannigan is probably the best option but definitely not the right option.
Personally I think we have to persevere and hope we can drag in an up and comer and he develops quickly.

Neil Henry
Michael Hagan

Safe, sensible choices.

Again, they haven't coached since 2019. It's impossible to get a gig from the ISC- how much harder is it not coaching at all?

Have added a poll, please choose preferred option and if other, please state who.

I assume Antonio Landtimid is a made-up name to check if we are all paying attention. Well done, almost snuck it through there.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Locky24
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.